Sponsored

Anyone use the AMMONYC cleaning kits?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I've been looking at building a decent system to take care of my new Stang but the choices are endless and everyone seems to use something different.

I will be giving her the first bath tomorrow at my station using just Meguiars gold class shampoo/conditioner, microfiber mitt and 2 buckets...then a leaf blower.

However, I need to get a good solid system in place to protect the clear coat and paint long term. Something with a wax/sealer, cleaner, etc.

The guy who owns AMMONYC seems pretty highly educated and obsessive about cleaning so it would seem to be a good kit to buy. Anyone use it? Is it worth the price long term?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I love the Hudrate and may try Reflex/Skin once I finish the Blackfire Wet Diamond I have. Honestly, I can't justify spending that much on a shampoo. I have a gallon of Adams and really like it but will probably go back to Meguiars Gold Class when it's gone. The Meg's is a great product and you can't beat the price.

NasaStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium CO A6
Larry of AMMONYC is an awesome guy, his youtube videos are great and hes very helpful if you email him with questions. All of the Ammo stuff is great, but some of it is overpriced, the benefit is the layering and they all work together. My personal favorites are Hydrate and Mud.

Jhull1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
While in college and in grad school, I would detail cars for extra cash. I've tried quite a few product lines (e.g., Chemical Guys, Poorboy's World, Wolfgang, Griot's Garage, Dodo Juice, etc.). AMMO products are, in my opinion, the best. However, they are also the most expensive, which is why I use AMMO only for my own vehicles now. Personally, I don't mind paying the extra money if the product is worth it and everything from AMMO, so far, has been, especially the Mud Tire Gel.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Yes. I just coated by 17 PP in Reflex, Skin and Collinite 845. The entire process took about 6 hours (being very careful not to introduce swirls) but it does wonders for my peace of mind.

I also dry with Hydrate.

Sponsored

culater

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Yes. I just coated by 17 PP in Reflex, Skin and Collinite 845. The entire process took about 6 hours (being very careful not to introduce swirls) but it does wonders for my peace of mind.

I also dry with Hydrate.
LOL I have 20 hours into my car exterior with AMMO products. And that's not including the interior. Drove it off the lot, got it home, paint corrected and coated it immediately.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
LOL I have 20 hours into my car exterior with AMMO products. And that's not including the interior. Drove it off the lot, got it home, paint corrected and coated it immediately.
I skipped the correction and just decontaminated/LSP'd. Saved a lot of time there! Add another 2 hours to get the glass dialed and sealed. I've been waiting for it to rain all week so I can see how it sheets/beads and it's been dry all week lol.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought people usually waited and just washed it for the first few months before even waxing...no?

If not, I gotta figure out what I'm going to do to protect it (wax/seal/lube/etc) ASAP!

Thanks

-Emt1581

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
No reason to wait. The paint is gassed out by the time the car reaches the dealer

culater

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I've read you should wait 30-90 days to coat it. My GT was over 90 days so I was good.

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I thought people usually waited and just washed it for the first few months before even waxing...no?

If not, I gotta figure out what I'm going to do to protect it (wax/seal/lube/etc) ASAP!

Thanks

-Emt1581
If you haven't yet decided at least get some wax on it as a temporary measure until you do make a decision so that the car isn't unprotected.

culater

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I skinned the car twice. Finished that with some Adams Americana. After all that, a couple of Collinite layers. Love the AMMO products though. Hydrate is amazing. Waiting to try power lock plus topped off with Collinite.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you haven't yet decided at least get some wax on it as a temporary measure until you do make a decision so that the car isn't unprotected.
I was thinking of picking up a can of Meguiar's Gold Class at walmart. I figure that'll buy me some time until I figure out what all I want to get to protect the clear coat/paint.

Just wash/dry and then rub it in with a hand pad and let dry right?

Thanks

-Emt1581

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking of picking up a can of Meguiar's Gold Class at walmart. I figure that'll buy me some time until I figure out what all I want to get to protect the clear coat/paint.

Order a bottle of Collinite 845, it'll last you forever. Let it haze and then wipe off with a microfiber. It'll probably sweat the week after but don't wipe it off again. It will come off in the next wash.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3

Thanks

-Emt1581
Order a bottle of Collinite 845, it'll last you forever. Let it haze and then wipe off with a microfiber. It'll probably sweat the week after but don't wipe it off again. It will come off in the next wash.
[MENTION=20357]Emt1581[/MENTION] as [MENTION=24889]Labradog[/MENTION] said, Collinite 845 is your best bet. It's cheap, easy to use and best of all it's incredibly durable. You'll get a good few months between applications depending on the harshness of your environment. I used it as my final coat over the top of Ammo Reflex, and Ammo Skin. I'll be doing my first maintenance wash this weekend, after which I will throw another coat of Collinite on. Yes, it's overkill but I drive my car every day on dusty, dirty, wet mountain roads.
Sponsored