Still Lost

CompStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT
I have read pages and pages of information in here. However, I have not seen anything that I think completely suits my needs. There are too many biased answers and obviously I do not expect that to change much. This is the interwebs. However, I am trying to change out the suspension on my PP GT.

The car is a daily driver
The car must be a smooth ride (this is my biggest thing, I want it to handle but not be rough AT ALL because my spine has numerous issues from my military career)
Nice stand does matter
It must handle well on the street and the very rare mexico events.

I have gone back and forth between BMR and Steeda. Yet nothing comes down to what I think I want. I was at BMR performance with pro non adj kit from Steeda but now thinking even those strings might be a bit much. Anyone actually try multiple setup for said situations? Unbiased guys, unbiased what do I do?
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Haven't tried them yet but what I'm piecing together is a mix of BMR and Steeda. Specifically Steeda, I'm going with adj proactions, cradle bushing inserts, bumpsteer kit, and rear shock mounts...BMR going with low-pro jacking rails (shipped today), CB005 (in my garage), differential bushings, hardware kit with that, SP085 springs in back (GT350R up front), and 4 point brace...FRPP toe link bearing, and some other stuff still planning. @BmacIL can give more insight as I'm going similar to what he has.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I have read pages and pages of information in here. However, I have not seen anything that I think completely suits my needs. There are too many biased answers and obviously I do not expect that to change much. This is the interwebs. However, I am trying to change out the suspension on my PP GT.

The car is a daily driver
The car must be a smooth ride (this is my biggest thing, I want it to handle but not be rough AT ALL because my spine has numerous issues from my military career)
Nice stand does matter
It must handle well on the street and the very rare mexico events.

I have gone back and forth between BMR and Steeda. Yet nothing comes down to what I think I want. I was at BMR performance with pro non adj kit from Steeda but now thinking even those strings might be a bit much. Anyone actually try multiple setup for said situations? Unbiased guys, unbiased what do I do?
I would say don't mod it at all. It already handles well stock and rides pretty good. If you must mod, BMR SP080s and Steeda dampers and rear shock mounts, BMR CB005. Done.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
For comfort and a handling improvement I would do the following:

CB005 and Steeda billet shock mounts on stock springs and dampers.

If you are keen on lowering, BMR SP080s or the 089/082 combo. If you're ok with more lowering in the rear, Steeda progressives will be very comfortable too.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Wow, you guys cars must not have ridden like my EB PP did new. That was a HORRIBLE ride! It felt like a freaking clown car at the circus or something. I'm biased so I can't speak here but will anyway. Steeda progressive springs, fixed valve Pro Action shocks, billet shock mounts and trim the rear bump stops to 1.5" and done.

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I agree with BMAC. I would go BMR 089/082. They are minimal lowering which are ideal for a daily driver and soft enough to work with factory shocks. I actually have a set, but decided to go with a stiffer, more performance oriented setup.

OP
OP

CompStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I am keen on lowering. The car is also in many shows but still needs to maintain ride comfort. Was going to do air suspension but don't want to fork out the money for it. So trying to compromise so to say.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Been having the exact same debate, and I think I'm going with the Steeda progressives.

Anybody know if the billet strut mounts will help that much, even though I plan on keeping the stock shocks and struts?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Been having the exact same debate, and I think I'm going with the Steeda progressives.

Anybody know if the billet strut mounts will help that much, even though I plan on keeping the stock shocks and struts?
I assume you mean shock mounts, so yes. I would strongly recommend it to even otherwise stock cars.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I am keen on lowering. The car is also in many shows but still needs to maintain ride comfort. Was going to do air suspension but don't want to fork out the money for it. So trying to compromise so to say.
You CAN do air for about half the price of what most guys are paying.
I even created an entire thread covering the process. Ride quality is better than factory, handling is no problem whatsoever.
Enjoy
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76007

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

I'm not sure if you're talking about the billet camber plates for the struts or the billet shock mounts for the shocks. The billet shock mount, definitely! It doesn't matter what springs or shocks you are running, the stock shock mounts still create that binding effect, not allowing the damper to work properly. The Steeda billet shock mounts will improve even the stock spring/shock combination.

If you're talking about the billet camber plates, with the 1.125" drop in the front from the Steeda progressive springs, my camber went to -2.1. At first I went the cheap route with a crash bolt (camber bolt). That worked but is a much smaller bolt than the factory spline strut bolts that are torqued to 184 lb ft. I'm not sure what the shop torqued it to, if you could even trust 184 on the thinner bolt but it seemed like when I got my alignment checked, twice with the crash bolt it had moved. I got the Steeda billet camber plates which makes it very easy to adjust the camber right where you want it by simply loosening the top 3 nuts and moving the strut where you want it and tighten the nuts back down. The alignment tech was VERY impressed with the design, saying it was much better than others he normally sees with the plates on the top. He was able to easily dial it in to -1.7 where I asked for it to be.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Personally, unless you have magnetic dampers, it's hard to balance between handling and smooth ride.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Maybe you should start with just the Steeda adjustable dampers. They have a pretty good range from really stiff to much softer than stock. You can easily tune the bounciness out of the stock set-up.

OP
OP

CompStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
anyone running the performce spring from BMR and steeda pro non adj? Thinking I might just go that route and steeda rear strut bracket.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
anyone running the performce spring from BMR and steeda pro non adj? Thinking I might just go that route and steeda rear strut bracket.
That would certainly be an excellent combo. The damping with those springs would be biased slightly towards handling over ride, but it would not ride poorly at all.
Sponsored