Sponsored

Suggestions on Orbital Polisher and Polishes?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I use the Porter Cable 7424, it's great for beginners and almost impossible to mess up your paint with it. I mainly use Chemical guys pads and compounds/polishes. To get out light scratches you can use an orange pad with their VSS (compound/polish in one), for heavier stuff an orange pad with their V34, and for polishing a white pad with the V38. I just hit my car today with the Porter Cable and V38 on a white pad, it came out great. You can get 2 orange pads, 2 white pads, and the 3 polishes/compounds listed above for about $100 total ($10 per pad, and $20 per polish)
Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I've used a cheap craftsman buffer with terry bonnets for 30 years and got show-winning results with Meguiar's compounds. You really don't have to go upscale for good results.

That said, I just upgraded to a Griot's G15 kit with all the matched pads and compounds... wow. That was money well-spent. This thing has the raw power to do things I used to have to resort to a straight-cut buffer to get, like scratch removal.

Wait for Autopia or DI to have a sale on buffers if you want an expensive one. I got mine from Autopia for 15% (nearly $100) off.

Jhull1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
I also bought the BOSS (G15) from Griot's Garage, after using the $60 Harbor Freight polisher for a few years. The BOSS is unbelievably smooth, powerful, and easy to use. I'd definitely recommend it!
Sponsored