Sponsored

Steeda 2 point brace install - review

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Don't lay them on their side when putting them in, keep them upright, then you don't have to turn them (which I'm not sure is possible due to space constraints).
Exactly. I tried to turn them upright after putting them in horizontal. Not going to happen. Put them in straight up and down and slide them into position. I had no problem getting them to go in standing straight up and down (vertical) until I got to the lip of the punch-out. Then used a screw driver to pull them over the lip and centered them.
Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Thank you. That makes sense. I just can't seem to turn the spacer after it's inserted. Will try again with a small screwdriver.

Punching out the slugs was pretty easy, and I just used a magnet to get them back.
Nice, I actually used a toothbrush to get the slugs out, the rear most part of the frame that the brace mounts to is actually open, so was easy to fish one out that way. Even if they were left in, they will eventually just bounce out onto the ground while driving. If your spacers still have the wire attached you won't need any other tools, just have to insert it at the right angle into the right place (that's what she said).

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
I installed the brace this weekend. Easy install... will just need to torque it good to 60 pds-ft next time car is up on stands.

Tramlining is reduced significantly but still present enough to have to keep both hands on steering. What changed drastically as mentioned before is the "stiffness" of the front end. Steering effort is increased/modified. Its hard to describe but not unpleasant. At first drive on Monday morning I thought that power steering was broken... until I remembered the brace install! I did so much thing on the car last week end that the brace install slipped out of my mind!

For the price its a great mod!

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I also installed the brace this morning... Took me all up 45 minutes.... Went out for a test drive on crappy MA roads... Definitely an improvement. Roads where I would wrestle the steering to keep it straight I could now easily maneuver it with one hand on the wheel.

The tramlining is reduced. I have not felt any influence on the steering though ?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Sure is interesting how so many people experience reduced tramlining with this snake oil, placebo device. ;)

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Sure is interesting how so many people experience reduced tramlining with this snake oil, placebo device. ;)
I hear ya on not understanding why it works, but it DOES. It is NOT placebo effect. I use to avoid taking the car on the highway downtown because it felt very unsafe pulling like a mofo to left and right when I changed lanes to one that was higher or lower due to construction, now feels like all my other cars... If it only improved things a quarter of what it actually did, would be easily worth the $75. What's the downside? Crickets, that's right, there isn't one.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya on not understanding why it works, but it DOES. It is NOT placebo effect. I use to avoid taking the car on the highway downtown because it felt very unsafe pulling like a mofo to left and right when I changed lanes to one that was higher or lower due to construction, now feels like all my other cars... If it only improved things a quarter of what it actually did, would be easily worth the $75. What's the downside? Crickets, that's right, there isn't one.
Couldn't agree with you more... I'm just joking at the naysayer who commonly comes on here and says it doesn't really reduce tramlining because his friend said it didn't. :cheers:

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Looking forward to installing mine tomorrow. No doubt I'll make my opinions known...

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Couldn't agree with you more... I'm just joking at the naysayer who commonly comes on here and says it doesn't really reduce tramlining because his friend said it didn't. :cheers:
I haven't changed my opinion. Sorry you're still hurt by my posts. Ordered one - so I'll let you know.

I think what you guys aren't considering is that if you drive 1/4" off of whatever line you drove before, it's going to feel different. If the suspension or steering settings are different, it's going to feel different. If the temperature outside is different, it's going to feel different... There are too many variables to say with the blind confidence you convey and IMO too much engineering logic on the table to automatically believe there's that much slop in the suspension.

Don't worry - scientific test pending. Someone is going to owe someone else a steak dinner and eat some crow while they're at it...and I'm not too proud to admit if it's me.

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I haven't changed my opinion. Sorry you're still hurt by my posts. Ordered one - so I'll let you know.

I think what you guys aren't considering is that if you drive 1/4" off of whatever line you drove before, it's going to feel different. If the suspension or steering settings are different, it's going to feel different. If the temperature outside is different, it's going to feel different... There are too many variables to say with the blind confidence you convey and IMO too much engineering logic on the table to automatically believe there's that much slop in the suspension.

Don't worry - scientific test pending. Someone is going to owe someone else a steak dinner and eat some crow while they're at it...and I'm not too proud to admit if it's me.
Will be looking forward to your testing results; simply curious as to whether there is any TRUE benefit.

Your points are all spot on, and considering the brace does nothing to affect the geometry of the suspension, so I am a little doubtful of just how much an effect a simple brace can have on the steering... Considering just how wide and sticky these tires are, particularly the Cup 2's, I find it a little hard to see how adding a very minute amount of Chassis stiffness would overcome the contributions made by the massively wide sticky front tires to the effect of tramlining.

Would love for the doubt to be proven wrong though :) :cheers:

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I love Steeda products and this one works exactly as described by Steeda. However; having said that, not one time is there mention of reduced tramlining in the discription for this part on the Steeda website. Have you ever stopped to wonder why?

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech

Make mine a Ruth's Chris gift card please. :)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Lol... I appreciate your humor brother. Steak dinner's on me, even if you like it!:cheers:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love Steeda products and this one works exactly as described by Steeda. However; having said that, not one time is there mention of reduced tramlining in the discription for this part on the Steeda website. Have you ever stopped to wonder why?
A point well noted!... and why should they? It wasn't designed with the elimination of tramlining in mind, at least from the outward appearance of their stance on the matter.

Word of mouth seems to have benfitted then here.
Sponsored