Sponsored

Gas stops filling up prematurely almost everytime

Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 (Ruby Red)
Whoa crud a month??? Phew.....

Yeah I am gonna wait until (Cough Cough - Uhem Ford Service) a TSB comes around...

Welp its good to hear you have it mostly fixed. Please let us know how this does over the course of time please!

Certainly not anything that big to worry about - Costco pumps don't do that to me only the "cheap" eco green vapor recover jobs at some of the other chains.
Its been over 2 months since I had dealer replace the easy fuel system and fuel lines. I have not experienced anymore shutting off at any pump even at the notorious Mobile gas stations around town.:thumbsup: For some reason Mobile gas stations around Southwest Florida pump gas at such a rate that it would click off instantaneously making fill ups a major hassle at those stations.:tsk: It all works fine now ive filed up around 12 times at various stations included my local Shell Station. It all works now the way it was intended. :hail:

I can honestly say if you have click off/ shut off prematurely with your Stang the issue isn't going to go away by itself. I posted the warranty repair log above so people who have this problem can go to your local ford dealer with this info in hand and tell them what parts to order and replace to fix this problem. :cheers:
Sponsored

gallopingmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 Ecoboost Premium
So, the solution is getting the easy fuel system and fuel lines replaced? My dealer told me that the issue is mostly with California gas pumps. It has to do something about the way the capless fuel system is designed. He said there's not really a solution to it. Its annoying. Any help from Ford?

Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 (Ruby Red)
So, the solution is getting the easy fuel system and fuel lines replaced? My dealer told me that the issue is mostly with California gas pumps. It has to do something about the way the capless fuel system is designed. He said there's not really a solution to it. Its annoying. Any help from Ford?
In fact, a Ford Rep did step in the get this moving when I first started complaining about the problem.

I would like to disagree about your dealers assumption.:paddle: My easy fuel system was having the problem since I first bought the car and would always instantly click off despite the fact the tank was nearly empty. :shrug: The issue inst limited to just California gas pumps as I had consistent trouble with every gas station I tried here in South Florida. It seemed to be something defective with the easy fuel system neck that caused the problem everywhere, all the time.

(I tested 6 different brand stations @ multiple locations throughout South Floirda): Mobile, 7 Eleven, Shell, Sunono, BP, Racetrack, Speedway. The solution was to replace the Fuel Filler neck and fuel lines attached to it. When they replaced my fuel tank they thought it would fix the problem but, it still had the same premature fuel click off issue. It was complete resolved when the Easy Fuel filler Neck Assembly & hose lines was replaced.

Rizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Any way to just remove the capless thing and upgrade to a normal fueling mechanism? This is really annoying on my 2015 GT, it not only stops at half tank but it refuses to fuel until I've driven the car around. I have to go to the gas station twice for just one tank

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
I rented a 3.7 MKZ in San Diego and drove it 2000 miles in California and had a heck of a time filling it up. I had no trouble in Ontario, Canada or right out to Portland, Maine. But still, the Ford capless filler is unnecessary and just DUMB.

Sponsored

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I've been having this issue as of late on my 2016 GT... Not sure if it's the gas pumps or my car. Going to give it some time to see what's up. Anyone else having this issue with their 2016?

*edit* My 2015 didn't have this issue (same gas stations).
my 2015 had this issue. my 2016 has this issue also. you would think they would have fixed it by now. today i got it to stay on though, i somehow unconsciously slanted the pump / <-- like that and it worked...will try it again when I need to fill up to see if I just got lucky with that pump.

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
All of you guys should book a service appointment, this would be such an annoyance.

Stangman21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 Premium
I've been having this issue as of late on my 2016 GT... Not sure if it's the gas pumps or my car. Going to give it some time to see what's up. Anyone else having this issue with their 2016?

*edit* My 2015 didn't have this issue (same gas stations).
It just happened to me yesterday on my 2016. It hadn't happened in awhile so I thought it was gone. Nope, it's back and I couldn't fill up a full tank. I'm considering mentioning this to the dealer.

But I have so many things I'm waiting for approval for already (passenger side window weather strips, body work on factory mistake paint and misalignment on the trunk and rear quarter panels). I'll get to this another time I guess.

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
It just happened to me yesterday on my 2016. It hadn't happened in awhile so I thought it was gone. Nope, it's back and I couldn't fill up a full tank. I'm considering mentioning this to the dealer.

But I have so many things I'm waiting for approval for already (passenger side window weather strips, body work on factory mistake paint and misalignment on the trunk and rear quarter panels). I'll get to this another time I guess.
You bought a new vehicle, mention it right away and don't take no for an answer. I had to fix a charcoal canister and fill tube on my Chrysler Aspen after the warranty was over, and it wasn't cheap! Same exact issues as you are describing.

Stangman21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 Premium
[MENTION=21202]andrew.k[/MENTION] for sure. I have no worries with my dealership taken care of me. They're very cooperative unlike other members stories. I was smart enough to get the lovely Deysha on the forums to help push along up the chain on a few things. So definitely will get all these things done way before warranty is over. Right on Andrew for the heads up though!

Sponsored

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
my 2015 had this issue. my 2016 has this issue also. you would think they would have fixed it by now. today i got it to stay on though, i somehow unconsciously slanted the pump / <-- like that and it worked...will try it again when I need to fill up to see if I just got lucky with that pump.
tested this out today, slanted the nozzle handle end toward the front of the car, pushed nozzle in all the way and it stayed on. i took a pic too, but i shouldn't log into my photobucket account on a work comp...lol

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Calm down. He was just being reminded of the crap we had to go through 10 years ago. The first batch of 2005 Mustangs had to get the fuel tanks replaced cause of the same issue.
By the way this has nothing to do with cap-less easy fuel system. And as stated in this thread, it does help to hold the nozzle upside down.
Went on for many years, I never had any issues in the 09, but heard so many horror stories

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
I am having this problem too with my 2015 GT in the Philippines...

Dave2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
my 17 Gt does this. I dont see it as a problem though. Its just really annoying.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
my 17 Gt does this. I dont see it as a problem though. Its just really annoying.
Turn the handle upside down. I have this happen one out of every 7 or 8 fill ups.
Sponsored