Which IM is best for what kind gains

JC'sGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT, PP
From what I have read, the GT350 IM is best suited for higher rpm hp gains. Which IM's make low to mid range hp gains if any? I want to make more hp, by staying NA. I don't want to have to get into the higher rpm range to see the best benefit from power adders. Basically, how to make NA power without have to rev the crap out the engine all the time.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Stock GT IM. Can't beat it.

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
From what I have read, the GT350 IM is best suited for higher rpm hp gains. Which IM's make low to mid range hp gains if any? I want to make more hp, by staying NA. I don't want to have to get into the higher rpm range to see the best benefit from power adders. Basically, how to make NA power without have to rev the crap out the engine all the time.
You can't have our cake and eat it too. If you want NA power, aside from the usual suspects, you have to spin it. RPM's are power. Period. Put on a CJ or GT350 and rev it to 8k or don't touch it.

Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
LOL how can people say power comes with rpm.

To a certian degree i agree however this is a small cube engine so the question is WHERE in the rpm band do you want the power.

Then pick what Intake manifold youd like accordingly.

Yes this engime will make more hp in the higher rpm with say a gt350 or CJ intake manifold, however it will make MORE TQ downlow with a F150 manifold at the expense of HP and top end at the top of the rpm band.

Sorry saying you have to spin ot or dont touch it is only half the story. There is more it than just RPM........

Last edited:

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
LOL how can people say power comes with rpm.

To a certian degree i agree however this is a small cube engine so the question is WHERE in the rpm band do you want the power.

Then pick what Intake manifold youd like accordingly.

Yes this engime will make more hp in the higher rpm with say a gt350 or CJ intake manifold, however it will make MORE TQ downlow with a F150 manifold at the expense of HP and top end at the top of the rpm band.

Sorry saying you have to spin ot or dont touch it is only half the story. There is more it than just RPM........
LOL, power absolutely comes from RPM. You obviously need proper supporting mods but that is 100% correct.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You can't have our cake and eat it too. If you want NA power, aside from the usual suspects, you have to spin it. RPM's are power. Period. Put on a CJ or GT350 and rev it to 8k or don't touch it.
You think the stock cams will pull to 8k? :D Don't think so. Get a set of comp stage 3 NA NVS cams and that stock GT intake will sing to 7300+ rpm. Right around where the comp cams max out.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You think the stock cams will pull to 8k? :D Don't think so. Get a set of comp stage 3 NA NVS cams and that stock GT intake will sing to 7300+ rpm. Right around where the comp cams max out.
What do you mean by "pull"?

-make peak power at 8k? -no

-make more power "under the curve" (in each gear) by raising the rev limit, thus resulting in faster acceleration with the higher redline vs shifting at the lower stock redline? -of course.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
This sort of talk is what originally kept me from getting a GT350 manifold, I didn't feel like changing out the OPG to be able to rev it to 8k.

Came across several threads where people were reving their GT350 manifolds to 7500 RPM and still getting great gains compared to stock.

If you can safely rev it to 8k go for it, but its not a necessity. There's plenty of gains even at 7500 to make it worth it.
Sponsored