Sponsored

Close-call thread (Dash Cam)

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
First one is a bit of a close call. Notice that he ran the red light in front of an on-duty cop....who did nothing.

Second one shows what type of idiots I deal with daily. Pay attention to when the opposite light turns red.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
both seem to be no big deal

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mustang almost had a bad day.

I am not recording audio but I quickly noticed the red truck drifting my lane and started honking but the driver did not respond at all. Maybe the Mustang needs a more powerful horn ?

skip to 2 minute mark

[ame]

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Louder horn? Get a hellfire missile instead.....

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Louder horn? Get a hellfire missile instead.....
Or a train horn. That will get people's attention. I just think some people don't care. I honked at someone cause she was halfway in my lane during a dual turn. She looked at me. She was having trouble staying in her lane. I stayed far away from her.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
What a moron! I don't know how he didn't see you there?? :confused:
Probably driving drunk. Should have called 911 and reported a drunk driver and gave the location and plate number.
The signs say you can make a left turn or go straight over on the lane with the Mustang so the truck driver prolly figured he moved straight across instead of making the turn with him and turns like that create big blind spots for the car on the left. Something you should also been aware of driving on the right side in a double turn.

Nonetheless he shouldn't have moved over in the turn, too risky to just assume it's clear with a big blind spot like that.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The signs say you can make a left turn or go straight over on the lane with the Mustang so the truck driver prolly figured he moved across instead of making the turn with him ...
The truck driver figure wrong, and being an idiot behind the wheel like him cause wrecks. He should have stayed in his turn lane, then changed lanes after the turn when it was safe to do. So many people should be taking the bus instead of driving. :headbonk:

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
The truck driver figure wrong, and being an idiot behind the wheel like him cause wrecks. The moron should have stayed in his turn lane, then changed lanes after the turn when it was safe to do. So many people should be taking the bus instead of driving. :headbonk:
Yes ofc....

Just trying to expain the situation that might have happened

Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Trucks usually have over-sized side mirrors to improve visibility and help cover blind spots. In any case, it's probably safer to take the inside lane of double left turns. I was just surprised the driver didn't respond at all to a horn.

does make me wonder if the truck driver didn't respond to a horn, would they respond to the sound of metal scraping and crunching, or just keep on driving, totally oblivious.

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Yes ofc....

Just trying to expain the situation that might have happened
Yes, I know. I'm just saying there are a lot of people on the road who can't driver and should be on the frickin' bus instead. ;)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The signs say you can make a left turn or go straight over on the lane with the Mustang so the truck driver prolly figured he moved straight across instead of making the turn with him and turns like that create big blind spots for the car on the left. Something you should also been aware of driving on the right side in a double turn.
I disagree.
I think he/she just went over the lines without even checking the mirrors or glancing over that side. He/she was a moron.

Last edited:

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
After living in Florida which has double (and even triple) turn lanes all over the place, I try to position my car between 2 cars in the other lane, so if either drift they won't hit me. I know I shouldn't have to do this and they should just stay in their lane, but I'd rather this than have to deal with repairs.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
A lesson I learned decades ago in drivers education that has served me well on countless occasions; “Always(when possible) leave a way of escape”.
Sponsored