Sponsored

So, where are my tiny pulley Paxton folks at? 3.33 and smaller

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
In my somewhat limited searches there was little info out there about 3.33 setups and essentially none on smaller pullies so where are yous guys?

I'm likely to have a greedy moment if boost weather doesn't come soon, just curious on what you guys are running and getting away with (stock motor? additional fuel system upgrades? 8 rib setups?)

Currently on 3.33 and E and it's a great setup....but I wouldn't mind going micro pulley and using a boost controller on a wastegate to titrate to the desired gappage:D
Sponsored

DrDane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT A6 400A 3.55
I have the 3.33 on 6 rib with beefcake gate, gated to 12.5lbs so it peaks super low and flat, but its like a damn tow truck with the torque. I broke them loose the other night at 60-70 when I jumped on it and it down shifted from 6th to 3rd. Curious what you are getting for peak boost and dyno numbers, as Im thinking of blocking off the gate and doing a glory run and see what a difference it makes.

My setup: OPG/CG, Holley Sniper manifold, Sai Li fuel system on e85. Off road Long tubes to MBRP race.

RWHP 747 at 6350
Torque of 660 ftlbs at 5xxx

Havent tracked yet, thinking of getting some DR's and taking a shot

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I haven't put in on a dyno yet. But it runs hard, lol. I'm trying to get it on the rollers this weekend if my tires show up. If I were to jump down from 6th to 3rd it would just smoke the tires, especially with my gearing. I still get spin on the 3-4...but that is changing this week.

Peak boost is 16-17, although I rarely take it past 5500-6000 however the times I do the power just keeps building. It's a great combo and I suspect it's in the high 700's easy, but dyno numbers are really hard to pin down between dynos. The one I'm going to I have stoc and NA/headers/E85 dyno charts to compare.

I'm kind of curious about a 3.0 pulley for those times where I could use a little extra in Mexico..

DrDane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT A6 400A 3.55
Everyone's threshold is different, but somewhere around the 15-17psi range (depending on who you believe) the piston and crap ring lands won't last long (especially with any detonation), I think the 3.0 pulley wouldn't likely yield much, might actually lose as the blower will be overspun and less efficient generated warmer boost too :(

Sponsored

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Everyone's threshold is different, but somewhere around the 15-17psi range (depending on who you believe) the piston and crap ring lands won't last long (especially with any detonation), I think the 3.0 pulley wouldn't likely yield much, might actually lose as the blower will be overspun and less efficient generated warmer boost too :(

I was certain at that point the blower would be max effort, and likely I would convert it over to oil fed as well. It just seems everyone gives up on the little Paxton and goes JT-B/turbo, lol.

I also am aware that an intercooler change would be beneficial at that point, maybe sooner depending on usage.

I've been trying to find something to help with the math to determine impeller speeds vs pulley size with the Gen II balancer diameter. Just been distracted with so much other stuff I haven't looked too hard. I'm actually quite comfortable with the car on the 3.33 and E85, as I still think there is more in the combo without playing with the pulley, but curiosity is there as far as fattening up the curve and maybe bringing in the boost in a bit earlier.

In a perfect world I would just drop in some rods and pistons and send it, lol.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I was certain at that point the blower would be max effort, and likely I would convert it over to oil fed as well. It just seems everyone gives up on the little Paxton and goes JT-B/turbo, lol.

I also am aware that an intercooler change would be beneficial at that point, maybe sooner depending on usage.

I've been trying to find something to help with the math to determine impeller speeds vs pulley size with the Gen II balancer diameter. Just been distracted with so much other stuff I haven't looked too hard. I'm actually quite comfortable with the car on the 3.33 and E85, as I still think there is more in the combo without playing with the pulley, but curiosity is there as far as fattening up the curve and maybe bringing in the boost in a bit earlier.

In a perfect world I would just drop in some rods and pistons and send it, lol.
What intake mani are you running? Sorry if it's been mentioned but didn't see it in your sig.

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
What intake mani are you running? Sorry if it's been mentioned but didn't see it in your sig.
Stock. I have tested two revisions of the Holley NA and with nitrous and TBH I just didn't like the quality.

I'm not certain the GT350 would be worth the cost/benefit.

The only manifold that has a cost/benefit ratio that seems worth it is he boss and I'd likely end up with a Boss mani, just haven't really looked at it too hard.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
2200sl is rated to 52000 i believe. With a 3.33 its already being over spun if you rev to 7600 or so. Vortech has the calculator on their site. My JTB is rated for 65,000 rpm and run a 3.33 upper/20% od lower and that puts me at 61,000 at 7600 right now.

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
2200sl is rated to 52000 i believe. With a 3.33 its already being over spun if you rev to 7600 or so. Vortech has the calculator on their site. My JTB is rated for 65,000 rpm and run a 3.33 upper/20% od lower and that puts me at 61,000 at 7600 right now.
I'm assuming the low RPM is due to the SL function of the blower. I would assume that RPM could be extended to the typical V7 RPM limit if one were to add a drain and oil feed line..at least I would hope so. Id also love to see a compressor map for the Novi, but it seems illusive.

I don't intend to "blaze a new path" here, just kind of lining out future stuff to tinker with without playing the swap game. I have plenty on my plate for the near future, namely getting a transmission in the car that can take the abuse of this combo.

Sponsored

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
I'm assuming the low RPM is due to the SL function of the blower. I would assume that RPM could be extended to the typical V7 RPM limit if one were to add a drain and oil feed line..at least I would hope so. Id also love to see a compressor map for the Novi, but it seems illusive.

I don't intend to "blaze a new path" here, just kind of lining out future stuff to tinker with without playing the swap game. I have plenty on my plate for the near future, namely getting a transmission in the car that can take the abuse of this combo.
I called to have my 2200sl upgraded when i had one but its more than just adding an oil feed and drain. Its also upgraded bearings and stuff like that because the oil fed 2200 or standard JT trim are the same blower and are both rated to 60,000

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I called to have my 2200sl upgraded when i had one but its more than just adding an oil feed and drain. Its also upgraded bearings and stuff like that because the oil fed 2200 or standard JT trim are the same blower and are both rated to 60,000
I guess that's good to know, I just assumed the PRM limitations were due to oil cavitation/etc. I still have room for improvement in the motor so I'll likely look in that direction for tinkering.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Stock. I have tested two revisions of the Holley NA and with nitrous and TBH I just didn't like the quality.

I'm not certain the GT350 would be worth the cost/benefit.

The only manifold that has a cost/benefit ratio that seems worth it is he boss and I'd likely end up with a Boss mani, just haven't really looked at it too hard.
If you rev to 7500+ you'll love the Boss.

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Any other changes for fitment other than trimming the back area of the hood?
Just that small rectangular notch in the hood that you see everyone make. I saw one person who made a large triangular cut along the edge of the weather stripping, but not sure I want to make a cut that large.

As far as the piping goes, it's slightly different but all the included paxton piping fits. You will need to rotate the throttle body 90* extra. The motor sitting on top of the tb doesn't clear the hood. Side note: you need to remove the TB in order to change the blower oil because of how high it sits with the boss. I'm still probably going to make a 90* pipe from the MAF housing to the TB and ditch that silicone sleeve that comes with the kit. Obviously your vac routing will now be different too. Can't think of anything else.
Sponsored