Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
This is pretty cool.

I just picked up my R, same color, same stripes, same package, from Tomball Ford, northwest of Houston.

Tomball Ford is owned by the same owners group as Port Lavaca Ford.

Congratulations!

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
This is pretty cool.

I just picked up my R, same color, same stripes, same package, from Tomball Ford, northwest of Houston.

Tomball Ford is owned by the same owners group as Port Lavaca Ford.

Congratulations!
That's awesome man!! I was listening to the stories that the GM and sales manager were welling me. The owner is an old Lemans driver. Hell of a dealership group! Congrats on the R btw!

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
That's awesome man!! I was listening to the stories that the GM and sales manager were welling me. The owner is an old Lemans driver. Hell of a dealership group! Congrats on the R btw!
Thanks! You too.

Did you end up finding spacers that needed to be removed? Just seems to sit a tad bit too high, but I don't know.

Mine is at the detailer for a laundry list of paint protection, window tint, and rear seat installation. I have yet to really drive it. It went about 3 miles to the detail shop, but was in dealer transport mode and still has the spacers installed.

I'm worried about getting it in the driveway.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Thanks! You too.

Did you end up finding spacers that needed to be removed? Just seems to sit a tad bit too high, but I don't know.

Mine is at the detailer for a laundry list of paint protection, window tint, and rear seat installation. I have yet to really drive it. It went about 3 miles to the detail shop, but was in dealer transport mode and still has the spacers installed.

I'm worried about getting it in the driveway.
No not yet unfortunately. I really need to get PP and Cquartz done for sure!!

Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Congrats on the R and for securing one at MSRP!

My brother did the same, went from a 16 Track Pack GT350 to a 17 GT350 R. I got mine last October, and paid an ADM as I didn't think I'd get one.

Make sure to take it to the track...

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'm not sure you will need a re-calibration after you pull them out. Not sure how that works, if it has a memory or not. Some of the guys on the forum will know.
I didn't need a recalibration - road the first 150-200mi with them in.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It seems most R owners replace the wheels, purportedly to "save" them.

I dunno, if I bought an R, I'd enjoy the benefits of the carbon fiber wheels. Otherwise, why bother owning one? Granted, an R will likely hold value later, but I don't buy cars to save them for a future owner.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

I dunno, if I bought an R, I'd enjoy the benefits of the carbon fiber wheels. Otherwise, why bother owning one? Granted, an R will likely hold value later, but I don't buy cars to save them for a future owner.
Agree 100%.
It's like having a hot girlfriend and not banging her out to keep her tight, only to save her for the next guy.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Its not so much about saving the wheels, but more about saving the tires. Nevermind trashing a wheel would be a 4k mistake. The 6gr wheel is very close to the CF wheel anyway. For the street, it is a wash.

To me, it's more about saving the tires. Have a track weekend? Slap on the CF wheels and the cup 2's. Talk about a waste..... cup 2s on the street.

So now with the second R within days of delivery, I guess I'm in the market for a set of forgelines. I guess its time to pick up another trip.....

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

I think some take them off to "save" them. But there's another reason to take the cf wheels off..

If u street drive the car a lot you'll probably end up on street rubber vs the cup2's or other comparable super soft compound. Doesn't make a lot of sense to put street rubber on the cf's, imho. You're making a statement by downgrading contact patch that you're not going to push the car to its fullest for starters and.. if u track the car, you're not going to want to constantly swap tires on and off the same set of $4000ea wheels.

Others don't want to damage the wheels on track etc. I'm not really in that camp - track day insurance should cover that.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I'm daily driving my R and just ordered a set of P6GRs so I can throw on a cheap set of tires that'll last over 10k miles. If I go to the track or a show I'll slap the stock wheels on.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Its not so much about saving the wheels, but more about saving the tires. Nevermind trashing a wheel would be a 4k mistake. The 6gr wheel is very close to the CF wheel anyway. For the street, it is a wash.

To me, it's more about saving the tires. Have a track weekend? Slap on the CF wheels and the cup 2's. Talk about a waste..... cup 2s on the street.

So now with the second R within days of delivery, I guess I'm in the market for a set of forgelines. I guess its time to pick up another trip.....
Those soft tires probably have a short shelf life. I guess if I had an R, I'd wear them out in a couple thousand miles then put more street oriented rubber on the CF wheels. But I wouldn't pull the wheels and replace them. I've never hurt a wheel in 40 years of driving, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

But, I get the concern. Plus, having to worry about theft. But, you have to live, and I'd want to experience those light weight wheels whenever I drive.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Those soft tires probably have a short shelf life. I guess if I had an R, I'd wear them out in a couple thousand miles then put more street oriented rubber on the CF wheels. But I wouldn't pull the wheels and replace them. I've never hurt a wheel in 40 years of driving, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

But, I get the concern. Plus, having to worry about theft. But, you have to live, and I'd want to experience those light weight wheels whenever I drive.
Dont worry, come this December, those cup2s will be ahot. I hope they get me through all 3 days or I'll have to Rob the wheels from the other car ;)
Sponsored