Sponsored

2017 R Model For Sale In Canada At MSRP - Chassis Number "HR115"

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
During a conversation with a Canadian SVT dealership yesterday they offered me a brand new 2017 GT350R model at MSRP.

This R model has the Electronics Package and is Oxford White with Blue OTT stripes and comes with a car cover.

Also the engine oil cooler tube assembly recall has already been performed on this car.

Anyone from Canada that is interested in this vehicle please PM your contact information after which time I will reach back out to you and will provide you with the dealership contact information.

At MSRP I would not expect this car to last long.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Harry

Did you conclude (from your other post) that Americans can NOT buy a car in Canada and transfer it back here?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Harry

Did you conclude (from your other post) that Americans can NOT buy a car in Canada and transfer it back here?
That is correct sir, it's a no go . I asksed the owner of my SVT dealership yesterday that same question and he confirmed to me that they are not allowed to do it.

They risk loosing their SVT banner if they do and Ford finds out.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harry

Tom, the key is not so much the citizenship of the individual as it is where the individual is living at the time of purchase regardless of the nationality.

This R model can be sold to someone from America but the U.S. citizen has to be living in Canada and must have permanent residency up there at the time of purchase.

No different than many Canadians living in the great country on a permanent basis and being able to purchase vehicles down here in America.

I sure that there are many Canadian citizens presently residing in the U.S. who would like to purchase this car but cannot even though they are Canadian citizens.

I was able to secure a copy of the Munroney Label for this car and based on today's exchange rate the MSRP for this car would be ~$67,970 USF.

Pretty fine deal IMO based on the Electronics Package, OTT stripes and car cover options.

;)

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
Seeing that multiple dealers up in Canada are sitting on 5 or more GT350's dating from 2016 to present tells me this isn't the brightest idea coming from our northern neighbors. These dealers are each sitting on 500,000 to 1,000,000 CAD of depreciating assets that they can't move while there are buyers down south willing to buy. With economic and business policies this short-sighted, it makes me wonder if there's a connection with Canada's stagnant economy of less than 1.2% GDP growth.

And in case you're wondering OP, after you stirred up a bunch of sh*t, I got a call from the dealer. They didn't cancel the sale though. The GSM said some very dishonest and unethical things to me on the phone. In spite of it all, the GSM agreed to continue moving forward with my sale -- which if "the internet" is to be believed, he was not allowed to do and was risking his SVT banner to do it. However, after thinking about it overnight and replaying the conversation over and over again, and thinking about the long string of incompetences and broken deadlines, I decided I could not do business with this dealer. I was willing to overlook the incompetence and broken deadlines, but I wasn't willing to overlook the dishonest and unethical comments made by the GSM. So I cancelled the sale, and am now experiencing another broken promise to refund my money via international wire transfer by today. As they did so many times in the past, when the action was on this dealer to do something they promised, they've gone radio silent and haven't kept their promise.

I can only assume the car mentioned by the OP is the same car I paid in full and released from contract. I would advise anybody considering this purchase to beware. The GSM is not a very honest person and the staff is pretty incompetent too. The staff will answer your questions by filling in the blanks instead of researching and giving you the honest answers. The only honorable person I found was the sales lady. You know it's not a good dealership when the sales people are the most competent and honest in the organization. The sales lady was awesome and I commend her just for putting up with the other people at her dealership. I suggest to protect yourself just as I did throughout this process. There are multiple ways I can suggest to do this. 1) Use email and text messages which leave a permanent audit trail (provided you save them of course). 2) Download cell phone software to record your phone calls. This will help you protect yourself when dealing with dishonest people.

To the OP: I see you've been taunting me for the past few days with posts and threads like this. Leaving the ethics of what you did aside, you actually did me a favor. I've now seen the Oxford White with OTT stripe in person at my local dealership and I didn't like it -- I didn't like it at all. I've also seen the Lightning Blue in person now too: that was my second choice. The LB looked even worse to me than the Oxford White. So I'm thankful I didn't purchase either of my top two colors. You also did me a favor for exposing a dishonest and incompetent dealership -- so let the next buyer beware.

Getting the window sticker isn't rocket science -- it's available on the Canadian Ford web site. The Canadian Ford search engine can also tell you which dealership has this car in Northern Alberta Canada. Nobody needs to PM other forum members who have vested interests in the outcome to get this information. My sincere best wishes to the next buyer. I believe the dealership will honor the MSRP price, because they did it for me all the way until I cancelled the sale. I just hope whoever buys it doesn't have to use this dealership for anything other than the purchase, and I hope they don't have to deal with the dishonest GSM or any of his incompetent staff.

GLWP

Sponsored

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Sure sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me and obviously from someone that did not have his facts right.

Keep in mind that you were the one that originally posted on here how you were buying a 2017 R at MSRP in Canada and boasting about how you had this all figured out. Obviously you did not.

Just to set the record straight I called this dealership two days ago based on a recommendation from a friend of mine who is storing my 2017 R model and who works out of Fort McMurray and knows this dealership very well and mentioned that they will probably be getting some 2018 R model allocations very soon.

During my conversation with this dealership I focused on the 2018 allocation after which time the GSM asked me if I was interested in a 2017 R model and of course I said no as I already have one.

I won't get into the rest of the conversation but he made it very clear during our discussions that he had already cancelled selling the 2017 R to someone in Northern California a number of days earlier as he did not want to lose his SVT license from Ford by selling a car directly to someone living in the U.S.

Bottom line was my call with the dealership happened well after they cancelled the deal with you.

End of story.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Seeing that multiple dealers up in Canada are sitting on 5 or more GT350's dating from 2016 to present tells me this isn't the brightest idea coming from our northern neighbors. These dealers are each sitting on 500,000 to 1,000,000 CAD of depreciating assets that they can't move while there are buyers down south willing to buy. With economic and business policies this short-sighted, it makes me wonder if there's a connection with Canada's stagnant economy of less than 1.2% GDP growth.

And in case you're wondering OP, after you stirred up a bunch of sh*t, I got a call from the dealer. They didn't cancel the sale though. The GSM said some very dishonest and unethical things to me on the phone. In spite of it all, the GSM agreed to continue moving forward with my sale -- which if "the internet" is to be believed, he was not allowed to do and was risking his SVT banner to do it. However, after thinking about it overnight and replaying the conversation over and over again, and thinking about the long string of incompetences and broken deadlines, I decided I could not do business with this dealer. I was willing to overlook the incompetence and broken deadlines, but I wasn't willing to overlook the dishonest and unethical comments made by the GSM. So I cancelled the sale, and am now experiencing another broken promise to refund my money via international wire transfer by today. As they did so many times in the past, when the action was on this dealer to do something they promised, they've gone radio silent and haven't kept their promise.

I can only assume the car mentioned by the OP is the same car I paid in full and released from contract. I would advise anybody considering this purchase to beware. The GSM is not a very honest person and the staff is pretty incompetent too. The staff will answer your questions by filling in the blanks instead of researching and giving you the honest answers. The only honorable person I found was the sales lady. You know it's not a good dealership when the sales people are the most competent and honest in the organization. The sales lady was awesome and I commend her just for putting up with the other people at her dealership. I suggest to protect yourself just as I did throughout this process. There are multiple ways I can suggest to do this. 1) Use email and text messages which leave a permanent audit trail (provided you save them of course). 2) Download cell phone software to record your phone calls. This will help you protect yourself when dealing with dishonest people.

To the OP: I see you've been taunting me for the past few days with posts and threads like this. Leaving the ethics of what you did aside, you actually did me a favor. I've now seen the Oxford White with OTT stripe in person at my local dealership and I didn't like it -- I didn't like it at all. I've also seen the Lightning Blue in person now too: that was my second choice. The LB looked even worse to me than the Oxford White. So I'm thankful I didn't purchase either of my top two colors. You also did me a favor for exposing a dishonest and incompetent dealership -- so let the next buyer beware.

Getting the window sticker isn't rocket science -- it's available on the Canadian Ford web site. The Canadian Ford search engine can also tell you which dealership has this car in Northern Alberta Canada. Nobody needs to PM other forum members who have vested interests in the outcome to get this information. My sincere best wishes to the next buyer. I believe the dealership will honor the MSRP price, because they did it for me all the way until I cancelled the sale. I just hope whoever buys it doesn't have to use this dealership for anything other than the purchase, and I hope they don't have to deal with the dishonest GSM or any of his incompetent staff.

GLWP
Wow that's strange to hear. The owner is actually really stand up, does a lot for the community.

He sold his personal R last year at auction and gave all the money to the Red Cross during the fire relief effort.

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Wow that's strange to hear. The owner is actually really stand up, does a lot for the community.

He sold his personal R last year at auction and gave all the money to the Red Cross during the fire relief effort.
I know, after the fire he sold it for something like $600k and donated the proceeds to charity. I'm sure the owner is totally stand up guy. My experience is no reflection on the owner. The owner probably isn't even aware what happened IMO.

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Sure sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me and obviously from someone that did not have his facts right.
Nope, I'm thankful like I said. I'm a straight shooter. I just wish others were too.

Keep in mind that you were the one that originally posted on here how you were buying a 2017 R at MSRP in Canada and boasting about how you had this all figured out. Obviously you did not.
Looking back on the conversations, I think the dealership incompetence is what killed it. They weren't supposed to sell the car with my USA address, they were supposed to use my relatives address in Fort McMurray. The GSM's staff called me all proud of herself that she managed to go around the Canadian restrictions and sell the car with my USA address. If there was anything that made this unravel, it was her incompetence.

If I really wanted the car, I could still get it; that's the funny part, and nobody could stop the way I could legally get it. If you want a hint, it wouldn't even involve my relative in Fort McMurray; there's other much better ways to get it that would put control completely out of the dealer's hands. If I did it, I could really put the dealership is a serious bind with Ford-CA. But I was serious when I said I don't like the color. I'm also not the type of person who would intentionally try to harm their relationship with Ford. I've now got flights booked to go pick up another one tomorrow, different color.

Just to set the record straight I called this dealership two days ago based on a recommendation from a friend of mine who is storing my 2017 R model and who works out of Fort McMurray and knows this dealership very well and mentioned that they will probably be getting some 2018 R model allocations very soon.

During my conversation with this dealership I focused on the 2018 allocation after which time the GSM asked me if I was interested in a 2017 R model and of course I said no as I already have one.
Why should anybody trust what you say? It would be funny if my relative and your friend knew each other, or lived nearby. My relative knows where an R is stored in Fort McMurray. Would be funny to send this to the address. http://www.shitsenders.com.

I won't get into the rest of the conversation but he made it very clear during our discussions that he had already cancelled selling the 2017 R to someone in Northern California a number of days earlier as he did not want to lose his SVT license from Ford by selling a car directly to someone living in the U.S.
I think you're telling us that both of you are even more unethical than I originally thought. For the GSM to be discussing my personal situation is highly unethical, and for anybody not to stop the discussion is equally unethical. This is more proof I did the right thing cancelling the contract.

Bottom line was my call with the dealership happened well after they cancelled the deal with you.
That's probably not true since they didn't cancel it and wouldn't be able to give any proof that they did, and I didn't cancel it until Tuesday this week -- which I can prove. That should give everybody an idea just how far this went and how long the sale was still active even after the GSM called me. I'd release them from discussing my privacy if they could prove me wrong, but of course I'd want them to release me from discussing their privacy if I could post their phone calls.:cheers:

End of story.
It can never be "end of story" from somebody who wasn't involved and isn't offering anything more than uninformed speculation. But if the dealership wants all of the emails and phone calls aired in public, I'll be happy to oblige.

Now THAT would be END OF STORY.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I don't want to get in the middle of this debate, but why would the dealer offer you the 17 (or an 18) if he also said he didn't want to lose his SVT banner? Do you have a relative in Canada that you intend to list as the owner? I'm just curious since your profile says you are in the Sotheast.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I don't want to get in the middle of this debate, but why would the dealer offer you the 17 (or an 18) if he also said he didn't want to lose his SVT banner? Do you have a relative in Canada that you intend to list as the owner? I'm just curious since your profile says you are in the Sotheast.
Very simple as I have a son living in Canada who is also a car enthusiast such as myself.

Both him and I bought our 1969 1/2 SC/Rambler together almost 21 years ago and we still share the same passion for that car and other HP cars.

:cheers:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Oh you can just feel the love in this thread...mods you know that to do. :)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I think magnetic is just terrible looking, that's why I didn't get black. The red is just to bright, that's why I didn't get the Ruby red, and that yellow is hideous that's why I would never get avalanche grey. Anything else sounds like a winning combination.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5

End of story.
Sounds like more than just sour grapes. It sounds like the dealership didn't have their facts right for even entertaining selling it to a US address. Why would they have to cancel the deal with him if they weren't able to sell it to them in the first place?

Sounds and smells fishy all the way around, including your involvement in it.
Sponsored

Last edited: