NSW Mustang number Plates

KS50GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Coupe
Your dealer is having a lend charging the full retail predelivery, hen not getting off their butt to help. I paid 980ish fleet rate, and get t the full service.
Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
My dealer also had no problem with collecting the plates for mine from Service NSW at Penrith and also following my instructions not to drill the front bumper. (I did that when I fitted the Lakin's myself.)

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly what they said when I gave them another call.." no staff to go to RMS". Asked them isn't that part of the 3grand pre-delivery you are charging me? and he just spun some crap.
Name and shame the dealer? Or have you asked to speak with the dealer principal?

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Exactly what they said when I gave them another call.." no staff to go to RMS". Asked them isn't that part of the 3grand pre-delivery you are charging me? and he just spun some crap.
Well the RMS doesn't deliver so how do they get the plates for all the cars they deliver?

I agree with TeamDenno, name them. I don't know why when people receive poor or worse service from someone they don't want to name them which leaves other people to end up using the same ones and receiving the same bad service :shrug:

Of course you're probably better off doing it all yourself anyway. I've asked for the car to not be washed or detailed, plastic wraps and window stickers left in place, no plates or brackets fitted, no dealer stickers, badges, novelty bow, not covered for a big reveal etc etc. All just opportunities for damage to occur.

OP
OP

Mr_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0L
I dont think it will be a good idea to name and shame at the moment as this dealership roams these forums i think...and im sure they can come up with some way to make it hard for me getting my car...and its only 4-5weeks away ( on tarago)...and they got no idea...they are telling me july delivery lol

Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I dont think it will be a good idea to name and shame at the moment as this dealership roams these forums i think...and im sure they can come up with some way to make it hard for me getting my car...and its only 4-5weeks away ( on tarago)...and they got no idea...they are telling me july delivery lol
Most of the dealerships do and that's why their behaviour doesn't change. If they saw they were getting a bad reputation things might change but as it is they have no incentive to.

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT
This is what i was thinking, but the dealer told me" we don't have a guy that does that anymore ".
Next time I buy a new car, especially one I will be waiting nearly a year for , I sure as hell will be buying from the closest dealership to home. This dealer is nearly an hour away, recommended highly on forums. They are all the same. I've received one call all this time only because he called me back. Very poor.
My salesman said the same to me. I spoke to his manager, and it was sorted out.

Mind you, I think they charged me $50 extra, but in the end it doesn't bother me. Putting plates on, and then swapping them would have..

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
I did a plate swap when I bought the car.
The dealer registered the car in my name on standard NSW plates but did not fit them, I then collected these plates from the dealer and went to RMS service office to change over to my existing personalised plates from my existing vehicle. Dealer then fitted the personalised plates. I then fitted the standard plates on the old vehicle which I was keeping anyway.
RMS was close to dealer so no real time or effort involved other than a 15 minute wait to be served at RMS, and 10 minutes at home to refit the plates on the donor vehicle.
Previously I was charged $50 for the same service when I bought new and traded in. Either way no real dramas, just one of the things that needed to be done.
Sponsored