Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Reciprocating saw and a large course file to deburr. I used a cheap $25 one from Walmart. I also have the SLP LM2's. Are your tips perfectly centered? My left one is fine but the right one is nearly touching the valence. I tried adjusting it, trimming the pipe twice and its still off.

How did check for leaks? You put your hand around it while it was idling to feel for air?
Hmm my right one is pretty close to the valance as well, the outer part. I kind of buzzed them on because it was cold though so I didn't spend a whole lot of time aligning them.

As for the leaks, you got it right. Just let it idle and put your hand near where the clamps are to check for any air escaping. Like I said mine is just a tiny bit probably due to me cutting it slightly angled, but I'm looking to fix that tomorrow so I'll let you know what happens and how I fix it. The good thing is it doesn't make any sound whatsoever from where it is leaking so at least I know I did it 90% correct.

Now my question to you is, are your mufflers stamped with SLP? Mine were blank but all the pictures online show SLP on the muffler body. Tips say SLP though.
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Another trick is to put a length of rubber hose (automotive or garden) up to your ear and listen for the sound of air leaking.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Does anybody know how to remove light scuffing on the black finish of the splitter on the front of our cars? I'm not sure if I can use a polish or something on the black textured plastic, but there's a spot that's a little worn down and looks faded in the sunlight, probably where some contact was made with something.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Does anybody know how to remove light scuffing on the black finish of the splitter on the front of our cars? I'm not sure if I can use a polish or something on the black textured plastic, but there's a spot that's a little worn down and looks faded in the sunlight, probably where some contact was made with something.
Pics? You can usually buff out a scuff on a texture surface with a brush and some sort of trim spray.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Now my question to you is, are your mufflers stamped with SLP? Mine were blank but all the pictures online show SLP on the muffler body. Tips say SLP though.
Mine aren't stamped either. Roush bought SLP a few years back. The LM2's are just Roush axlebacks with fiberglass packing, so they probably got rid of the logo to streamline manufacturing.

I just switched out the SLP tips to Roush tips and they look a lot better. The steeper angled slash cut is a lot more aggresive looking and the chrome stands out a bit more.

Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pics? You can usually buff out a scuff on a texture surface with a brush and some sort of trim spray.
It's hard to see unless in direct light or staring super close, but this is what it looks like. I tried using a quick detailer and a rag and couldn't even get those white parts out. Maybe try a claybar?
scuff1.jpg

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
It's hard to see unless in direct light or staring super close, but this is what it looks like. I tried using a quick detailer and a rag and couldn't even get those white parts out. Maybe try a claybar?
Looks like white residue from polish. I'm still trying to get marks off mine. Tried eraser helped but still nothing works completely.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's definitely not polish, it looks like the faded area is where the plastic got partially removed/scuffed. It's smoother than the surrounding area. I just tried claybarring and using a trim restorer, and it looks a lot better, but still very slightly noticeable.

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Installed my jms pedalmax today. I'm over six feet so it was not easy, I had to do a contortionist act to get up behind the accelerator. I have to say though the results are awesome. The car feels like it has more torque throughout the whole rpm range, makes rev matching way easier and the car just feels like it has more oomph (balls :D)

Between that and the frpp track pack I had installed last week my car feels completely transformed in the best way (and still warranty friendly). Will probably need some new rear tires soon to really get max benefits of new suspension, but for my dd I couldn't be happier. Next when my mod piggy bank fills up again I'm doing some big worm racing stripes :headbang:

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Mine aren't stamped either. Roush bought SLP a few years back. The LM2's are just Roush axlebacks with fiberglass packing, so they probably got rid of the logo to streamline manufacturing.

I just switched out the SLP tips to Roush tips and they look a lot better. The steeper angled slash cut is a lot more aggresive looking and the chrome stands out a bit more.
Ah good to hear I didn't get knock offs. Ordered from an ebay vendor which is why I ask. Good rep, but had to make sure that $450 I spent was legit.

Those Roush tips look pretty damn good, may have to consider them in a future purchase. Maybe if I get sick of that dual wall look of the SLP ones. I wish they were both 4.5" however, to really fill out those holes.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I have some of those as well, most likely cat-piss residue... after a good wash I rub it and use CG Silk Shine Sprayable Dressing, this does the trick for a while.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
I'd hit it with a trim restorer and a brush to get in between the texture.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Looked at COTUS to see my car is finally in production! :clap2:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Use a big pink eraser and thank me later.

soft-pink-beveled-eraser-blick-art-materials-2gkQbE-clipart.jpg

Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hash
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT
Recent Mods:

Project 6GR wheels Gloss Black 20x10.5/20x11
Nitto G2s 275/35/20-305/35/20
Steeda Wing