Sponsored

WARRANTY BEWARE

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I don't know what to tell you, called the 3 biggest dealers in the Houston area.
all will not cover.. only ford racing certified dealer.. and not all dealers are ford performance
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Beware,
This is coming from a salesman and service tech at a local high volume dealer. Ford, in March 2017, released an updated policy and said that ANY addition to the engine or drive-train that was NOT a Ford part and was NOT installed by a Ford tech WILL void your warranty.
If Ford denied any engine warranty because I have a UPR catch-can and a Moroso coolant tank, I'd have to say "F*#k You Ford", I'm never buying another Ford product ever again.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I'd beg to differ, but opinions vary. When an OPG fails on an 8k mile engine, while cruising at 30MPH, and its never seen the strip, or WOT, with the exception of data logging.... I feel I have the right to do what I have to do when the heart of my engine ( thats is made from compressed powder! ) fails, to get it replaced.
You can differ all you want, but OPG doesn't fail on stock engine. You committed a fraud, whether you want to admit or not (ironically you did in public).

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
You can differ all you want, but OPG doesn't fail on stock engine. You committed a fraud, whether you want to admit or not (ironically you did in public).
Exactly. How this guy doesn't realize it was his fault blows my mind.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Exactly. How this guy doesn't realize it was his fault blows my mind.
Agreed. Fraud is fraud if you are intentionally hiding something. The extra power clearly caused the failure.

And yes dealerships are not always honest either, but this is not eye for an eye nor does it make it right.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My catch can says "FORD" on the cover and has a Ford part number. Ford sells catch cans.
How is that relevant to whether or not ford sells catch cans?
Ford PERFORMANCE (FRRP) is NOT Ford MOTOR COMPANY (FMC) who built/sold your car; FMC does own FRRP in some capacity, but rare not the same entity. This has been discussed as nauseam around here.

ANY Ford Performance part is AFTERMARKET, period. Now some dealerships install these FRRP parts/package and some have warranties under a contract with FMC.

From Ford Performance's own website:

"All Ford Performance Parts are aftermarket parts. Ford Performance Parts are not Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories."

Last edited:

Rob0381

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang RS1 Premium W/PP
I have a 2015 Roush RS1, probably a dumb question. But I assume a Roush tune/CAI would not void the factory warranty, is that correct?

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Ford PERFORMANCE (FRRP) is NOT Ford MOTOR COMPANY (FMC) who built/sold your car; FMC does own FRRP in some capacity, but rare not the same entity. This has been discussed as nauseam around here.

ANY Ford Performance part is AFTERMARKET, period. Now some dealerships install these FRRP parts/package and some have warranties under a contract with FMC.

From Ford Performance's own website:

"All Ford Performance Parts are aftermarket parts. Ford Performance Parts are not Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories."
Not disagreeing or trying to say otherwise. My point was: IF Ford did sell catch cans for the car, how is a catch can not being on the car from the factory relevant to that fact?

If they don't sell them, then they don't.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
It seems like in the long run it would be cheaper if you need more hp than a stock ecoboost has you would just step on up to the GT.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Beware,
This is coming from a salesman and service tech at a local high volume dealer. Ford, in March 2017, released an updated policy and said that ANY addition to the engine or drive-train that was NOT a Ford part and was NOT installed by a Ford tech WILL void your warranty.
If Ford denied any engine warranty because I have a UPR catch-can and a Moroso coolant tank, I'd have to say "F*#k You Ford", I'm never buying another Ford product ever again.
Relax GT. First, the post you are reacting to was from someone with an agenda who was hiding the actual cause of the failure. Second, even if a Ford dealer employee actually said that, since when are dealer employees automatically assumed to be right.

That said..... A Camaro owner who's engine died due to a lack of oil, claims the dealer denied his warranty because he had a catch-can. He claimed the dealer believed the catch pumped the engine oil into the intake.

There are no guarantees against stupidity no matter what brand of car you buy.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Not disagreeing or trying to say otherwise. My point was: IF Ford did sell catch cans for the car, how is a catch can not being on the car from the factory relevant to that fact?

If they don't sell them, then they don't.
Oh I agree, was just quoting the chain of back and forth. I think he meant more that catch cans dont come on any factory model and thus not an OEM part though. But FFRP already states that which the catch can is a FRRP part.

So its a non-issue

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have a 2015 Roush RS1, probably a dumb question. But I assume a Roush tune/CAI would not void the factory warranty, is that correct?
Nope, the warranty only applies to what came on the car from the dealership. I believe the RS1 is all aero stuff and they dont touch the engine.

So no, despite having a real Roush you cannot add more Roush parts under the same warranty.

I do agree, this scenario makes a bit less sense if the dealership did the install; it's already a modified car by Roush and you are using Roush parts, again as long as you had a tech install it. But I get it's all contractual and thats how Ford wanted it.

But just get a Ford Performance Power pack which is the same thing and when a dealership installs you keep your warranty. Same thing really