2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Since BmacIL worked at Ford and posted this here, it doesn't look like 800hp will be an issue
If it does come with 800+, it would be astonishing really, regardless of how it is achieved. Yes, id rather have it come in a more unique way, but at long as its proven and durable it will be acceptable. The DCT is whats gonna be the thing unique for a muscle car.
I may not buy one but id like to see ford back in the lead with at least power to weight on pump gas.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
If it does come with 800+, it would be astonishing really, regardless of how it is achieved. Yes, id rather have it come in a more unique way, but at long as its proven and durable it will be acceptable. The DCT is whats gonna be the thing unique for a muscle car.
I may not buy one but id like to see ford back in the lead with at least power to weight on pump gas.
Anyone wanna start bets on how many heat exchangers it will have?

I think the ZL1 has 10 or 11...

Anybody ever dated and talked to a woman with big boobs?... since she has to keep them covered and supported, they sweat. Ask a woman how much they offset weight distribution. They’re fun as hell to play with but a damn challenge to go live with... and voila, there’s your screw-type SC analogy for the day.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yes, we know it wont be light and fun like the 350R is. We know its gonna be like the zl1 but on steriods. Weigh probably just a bit more...around 4000 lbs which is still 300 lbs less than a demon, give or take.
We know this thing isnt going to win driver car of the year or maybe even place in the top 5 but what we do know is that it will follow the same path as the latest GT500s and thats all out power for the street.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
A 350R is a 350R... anyone expecting that out of a 500 will be selling themselves short of their desired goal.

Weight is not the issue here, as much as where it’s being utilized, and with what means. Sure, 800hp is impressive, but getting it to the ground and making usable and livable is the goal here.

I’m sure Ford will have it done right whichever means of achieving their goals they use.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The type of power producers and power does not bother me,what scares me is I may not find an allocation for purchase. All that horsepower does me no good if I cant get my hands on the car.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
but what we do know is that it will follow the same path as the latest GT500s and thats all out power for the street.
Bingo Jim!!! Street and drag strip warrior.

I can see this car costing people between 80-100K when they officially come out. I'm guessing the sticker price will be about 70-75K, then you add the outrageous and disgusting ADM and then it's out of control. People will still buy them though, like they did with the Hellcats/GT350 cars when they first came out.

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
This.

It's possible and it would put the Mustang in the power lead.

It would also spank the best out of Dodge and Chevy.

That's why.

Anyone asking why we need more power is in the wrong forum.

this is the Cobra/GT500 ultimate destructor mustang.

It needs to be very very special.

If it was just a supercharged car with bigger tires, it could have come out a couple years ago.
Who cares about the power lead? Give me a 10 second capable car over a car with 800HP or a car that will outright spank a Hellcat or ZL1. There are two kinds of car guys, those who would rather see a high number on a dyno and those would rather see a great time on the track. Let the GT500 spank the ZL1 and the Hellcat, if it can't do that then all of this wait was for naught.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Who cares about the power lead? Give me a 10 second capable car over a car with 800HP or a car that will outright spank a Hellcat or ZL1. There are two kinds of car guys, those who would rather see a high number on a dyno and those would rather see a great time on the track. Let the GT500 spank the ZL1 and the Hellcat, if it can't do that then all of this wait was for naught.
I do for one. And so do many others. Sure performance itself (effective power) is the real desire. But having an engine that's better than what is at the heart of the competition is a bragging right and you can bet the farm anyone who care about power and performance wants that. It's part of the enthusiasm.

Let's stop pretending we are at a vegan smoothie bar with the way we talk about the top of the line Fire breathing Godzilla Mustang.

Do we want it refined and efficient? Heck yes. That's pretty much standard in any car we buy now. We aren't sacrificing those things. We are simply adding a beastly roar, razor sharp fangs, with fresh, red meat in the digestive system.

Heck yes power matters! Give us huge power. And huge performance. Destroy the zl1. Don't just compete with it.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I dont think there is any question this will beat a zl1 or hellcat.
The question is, will it beat any of the top performers of the segment.
I think it will the zl1 - l1e, as thats more its competitor and where ford is concentrating.
It would be totally awesome if ford offered a track pack to rival the zl1- L1e and and a drag pack that rivals the demon. Its fine by me, whatever they offer. I know it will be a very good performing car.
Just make it look nice.

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
By the time the GT500 is debuted, nobody is going to care. In fact, within a few weeks, nobody is going to care about cars at all. S is about to HTF in ways that are beyond human comprehension

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
By the time the GT500 is debuted, nobody is going to care. In fact, within a few weeks, nobody is going to care about cars at all. S is about to HTF in ways that are beyond human comprehension
What do you mean exactly?? lol :shrug:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I do for one. And so do many others. Sure performance itself (effective power) is the real desire. But having an engine that's better than what is at the heart of the competition is a bragging right and you can bet the farm anyone who care about power and performance wants that. It's part of the enthusiasm.
Let's stop pretending we are at a vegan smoothie bar with the way we talk about the top of the line Fire breathing Godzilla Mustang.
Do we want it refined and efficient? Heck yes. That's pretty much standard in any car we buy now. We aren't sacrificing those things. We are simply adding a beastly roar, razor sharp fangs, with fresh, red meat in the digestive system.
Heck yes power matters! Give us huge power. And huge performance. Destroy the zl1. Don't just compete with it.
My man,..............:thumbsup:

:cheers:
Sponsored