Sponsored

Looking to Stiffen up the Suspension

NJDAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Platinum White
This is my first Mustang & I am looking to stiffen up the suspension. The stock suspension feels really soft to me. What is the best upgrade? Shocks & Struts alone or springs too? Not looking to lower the car just want a firmer ride that gives confidence when cornering.
Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
This is my first Mustang & I am looking to stiffen up the suspension. The stock suspension feels really soft to me. What is the best upgrade? Shocks & Struts alone or springs too? Not looking to lower the car just want a firmer ride that gives confidence when cornering.
I went with the Ford GT350R springs and Steeda Fixed valve dampers. the springs are dirt cheap the fronts I think were $35 each.
After that get rid of the rubber in the rear and the biggtest help for wheel hop and handlign is the Lower Control Arm bearings. They were the last thing I put on and helped the most.

After that either CB005 or the steeda IRS supports(what I have). will help hold the rear in place.

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I have the same dilemma. Scouring the forums reveals two main options: Steeda's "Stop The Hop" kit, or BMR's CB005 kit. My 2017 GT Premium will (probably) never see the track, but I want to tighten up the rear end. Decisions, decisions...

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get all the 'stop the hop' guys that thing subframe bracing is the solution to every suspension question.

OP check out the sticky thread on spring rates at the top of this subforum. Keep in mind you can add shims/spacers to raise a spring a bit if the rate is right but the drop is too low for you. Available springs range from cheap GT350 take offs to BMR handling springs to Steeda competition springs which are twice the spring rate of the stock parts. Check out that sticky thread and see for yourself.

With a base car, definitely look at some new shocks to dampen your stiffer springs, I'd recommend something like the Koni yellows or Steeda adjustables so you can fine tune things a bit.

Beyond springs and shocks, you may want stiffer swaybars (BMR make good ones) to control body roll with your stiffer shocks and springs, and maybe some rear shock top mounts from Steeda which have less play than the stock Ford units.

With the basics of Spring, damper, and swaybars covered, there are a hundred other suspension replacement parts from stiffer bushings to IRS braces, ball joints, etc.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What are your goals for the car? Happy to provide a host of possible options depending on what you want to do with the car. Feel free to message me :)
Sponsored