Exhaust Smell In Vehicle

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
Sounds like a leak, I remember there was a TSB for the 2015s y pipe or something manufactured incorrectly... Shouldnt get exhaust smell inside the cabin if the exhaust is sealed correctly.
Sponsored

OP
OP

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Yeah, it sounds like there were a couple of issues going on that San Tan Ford are too incompetent to deal with.

They can't even return a phone call, much less diagnose a vehicle. I would recommend going anywhere but there.

351MachOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
No, you made up a scenario that’s irrelevant to the discussion and you’d like to pretend you’ve given valid information. I was politely trying to point out that you were missing very key components of your response, but you still can’t seem to get that so let’s just stop here since I can explain this to you until I’m blue in the face, but I can’t understand it for you. :)

At any rate, I seem to have a resolution! After no contact from the service advisor (Jesus at San Tan Ford) who assured me he wanted to get me taken care of and was totally on my side (lmfao). No call from the “manager” that Jesus assured would call me last Monday, then Friday, then... we’ll, you get the idea. And NO RESPONSE from [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] I took care of it.

Traded my foul smelling health hazard sloppy handling grabby brakes GTPP for a Camaro 1LE that open-mouth shits down the Mustangs throat in every conceivable way. Ford sucks, and these cars are only good if you haven’t driven the clearly better competition. TR6060, eLSD, front and rear Brembo (painted the same color too you cheap asses!) magnetic shocks and Recaros for the same money as a GT Premium with PP. Buying a Ford was one of the worst decisions I’ve ever made as they don’t care a bit about their customers... but lesson learned, and I’m planning to teach my learnings to thousands more :)
That escalated quickly. I have the exact same issue, only i can replicate it at any speed just by applying the brakes abruptly.

I have been trying to find this problem for a few weeks. Today i found it.

I have an oil leak on the passenger side. I cant find the source. But there is oil dripping off a bolt (motor mount maybe) and it is all over my starter. It will go in for service Moday.

I have pictures will post them and updates.

351MachOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Passenger valve cover gasket being replaced. Also, I have a leaky waterpump, which accounted for my coolant loss.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
So let's see if the your smell goes away with the new gasket...

351MachOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
So let's see if the your smell goes away with the new gasket...
So far so good.

Replaced both valve cover gaskets.

Replaced water pump.

No failure cause reported on either issue. I pressed. The only answer I could get was "It had to be a defective part."

I am very underwhelmed at the quality of service from the dealership. I am very disappointed that are allowed to operate in this manner.

They also completed the door latch recall while it was in for service.

Also, my car was returned to me covered in a fine metal dust. It's as if it was left next to a steel fabrication department. This includes in the door jams. They left my interior a bit of a mess too. Grease finger prints all over the door, handle, insert, and grease on the leather seat, AND the weatherstripping doesn't fit back into place properly.

I'm operating the car now with worry. What will fail next? How many defective parts did they use to build the damn thing?

I'm just disappointed.
Sponsored