Sponsored

Exhaust noise via radio speakers

350buyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Taco
Did I read in another thread that some of the exhaust noise in the cabin is being piped in via the speakers, like the Raptor? I thought I did, but can't remember where I saw it.

Maybe it was the OBD-II tweak thread. It is something I'd want to disable, and I'm assuming that would be the only way to do it.
Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Yes, the exhaust noise is piped in through the speakers. It can be disabled through the ForScan tweaks. Most of the people who have disabled it have turned it back on afterwards, though, stating that the car seemed to be missing something without it.

OP
OP

350buyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Taco
Yes, the exhaust noise is piped in through the speakers. It can be disabled through the ForScan tweaks. Most of the people who have disabled it have turned it back on afterwards, though, stating that the car seemed to be missing something without it.
Thanks, that was it.
here's the link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0ZBnLT5CnHuL6BbkKg0AxhCmNlE_0Zev3zVnyz-5_A/edit#gid=0

there is also a Forscan tutorial post stick on top of the forum.
That's a very short list of changes, and aside from the piped-in noise, nothing I consider worth getting the tool for. Are there others not in that file? I'll scan the sticky thread.

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
The one I'd like is exhaust closed in track or sport mode with toggle. Running Laguna Seca you need ALL the help you can get!

Sponsored

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
... exhaust noise in the cabin is being piped in via the speakers, like the Raptor? I thought I did, but can't remember where I saw it.

Maybe it was the OBD-II tweak thread. It is something I'd want to disable, and I'm assuming that would be the only way to do it.
Drive with the windows down and you will never ever notice it!! ;) :D

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
is there a video showing the difference?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I've never noticed it and I still suspect that it's a sound tuning thing as opposed to piping in actual sound. The car doesn't need extra noise pumped in - I'd put money that it tunes out a particular unpleasant resonance or something like that.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I've never noticed it and I still suspect that it's a sound tuning thing as opposed to piping in actual sound. The car doesn't need extra noise pumped in - I'd put money that it tunes out a particular unpleasant resonance or something like that.
I'm inclined to agree that it's more of a resonance tuning. Anytime you start or run the car with the windows up the exhaust is far louder. Plus the non-electronics package R's wouldn't even have speakers and no one calls those quite in the cabin.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The one I'd like is exhaust closed in track or sport mode with toggle. Running Laguna Seca you need ALL the help you can get!
Agreed, I've been debating to splice into the oem valve connections to be able to override them.

So far however my "Laguna pipes" are working well.

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Turned it off and happy without it. No intent to turn it back on...ever...

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
I also turned it off and have No intent to turn it back on the difference after I disabled it was like my ears cleared after high altitude pop.
sometimes I drive around with the rear seat down and holy crap it gets loud

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I was wondering does it make stereo sound be with it off?

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I also turned it off and have No intent to turn it back on the difference after I disabled it was like my ears cleared after high altitude pop.
sometimes I drive around with the rear seat down and holy crap it gets loud
Is it a volume difference or a tone difference?

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
The sound from the speakers is most notable from idle to about 3k when there is lack of sound from the exhaust sounds like this
Sponsored