Sponsored

2017 CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL1 VS. 2017 FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT350R: THE FOREVER WAR

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
i believe the r comes stripped and costs extra to add the ac, radio, rear seat etc...
Correct, you can order the Electronics Package to the base 920A R model which will add pretty much everything that I listed as deleted except you cannot get a rear seat on an R model and all R models come resonator delete.

;)
Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I have to agree that the front end of my R model does look pretty bad compared to the beautiful front end of the ZL1.:headbonk:

But the rear end view of my R model does look a little better than the ZL1 with the CF rear wing and those CF wheels with the side view looking actually pretty good compared to the overweight ZL1 Camaro.:lol:

I just love the way my base R model comes with no rear seat, no rear view camera, no AC, no floor mats, no radio, no speakers, no Sync, no USB ports, no spare tire, no tire inflator and no sealant kit which saves a whole bunch of weight compared to the Electronics Package R model used by Motor Trend for the Head 2 Head comparison with the ZL1 Camaro.

With another ~100 pounds in weight savings I would suggest that the base R would have done even better than the fully equipped R model in the Head 2 Head comparison test.

I realize that I am somewhat of a dinosaur and from another generation but when I grew up all of the delete stuff was very cool back then and it is still very cool now at least for me.

Even though you may consider the front end of my R model similar to a big fat catfish I still love my R model and in spite of how fast your ZL1 is I will not go into detail as to my thoughts of the styling cues for the ZL1 front, side or back!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Have you even driven it? It still has the tag on it like Minnie Pearl's hat!!!

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I have to admit

I have to agree that the front end of my R model does look pretty bad compared to the beautiful front end of the ZL1.:headbonk:

But the rear end view of my R model does look a little better than the ZL1 with the CF rear wing and those CF wheels with the side view looking actually pretty good compared to the overweight ZL1 Camaro.:lol:

I just love the way my base R model comes with no rear seat, no rear view camera, no AC, no floor mats, no radio, no speakers, no Sync, no USB ports, no spare tire, no tire inflator and no sealant kit which saves a whole bunch of weight compared to the Electronics Package R model used by Motor Trend for the Head 2 Head comparison with the ZL1 Camaro.

With another ~100 pounds in weight savings I would suggest that the base R would have done even better than the fully equipped R model in the Head 2 Head comparison test.

I realize that I am somewhat of a dinosaur and from another generation but when I grew up all of the delete stuff was very cool back then and it is still very cool now at least for me.

Even though you may consider the front end of my R model similar to a big fat catfish I still love my R model and in spite of how fast your ZL1 is I will not go into detail as to my thoughts of the styling cues for the ZL1 front, side or back!

I have to admit, I do like the Ruby Red Metallic color. I had that color of a previous mustang gt

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1

I think both cars are stunning in person. I don't think pictures do the GT350R or ZL1 any justice. I think it's easy to dismiss the Camaro if one hasn't seen it in person. I hope some of the posters here have actually seen one before judging, though of course looks are very subjective. But, You just can't capture the extra width of the body and the stance very well on camera. Similarly, something about the R doesn't come across well in pictures for me. The first time I saw one in person, I was impressed much more than I was with the pictures. I'll throw in a few pics of mine at the dealer and right before my paint protection film install.
20170528_142035.jpg
20170528_141827.jpg
20170528_141642.jpg
FB_IMG_1495895858854.jpg
IMG_0642.jpg
IMG_0608.jpg

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I still like the shape of Gen5.... But that's just me...

Are you planning to keep that one piece "suitcase" muffler?

BTW, how do you like dealing with Active Fuel Management???

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I think both cars are stunning in person. I don't think pictures do the GT350R or ZL1 any justice. I think it's easy to dismiss the Camaro if one hasn't seen it in person. I hope some of the posters here have actually seen one before judging, though of course looks are very subjective. But, You just can't capture the extra width of the body and the stance very well on camera. Similarly, something about the R doesn't come across well in pictures for me. The first time I saw one in person, I was impressed much more than I was with the pictures. I'll throw in a few pics of mine at the dealer and right before my paint protection film install.
Good looking car.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Found the entire video. 9:30min GT350R chosen over a 150k German and a 250k Italian, HMMMMM
[ame]

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Very nice, I especially like the wheels, but they look like a nightmare to clean. I got my wheels ceramic coated and I'm hoping that helps make it much easier to clean the brake dust off.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Found the entire video. 9:30min GT350R chosen over a 150k German and a 250k Italian, HMMMMM
I watched that awhile back. One has to be proud to be an American

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I love my GT350, but if I went German again and didn't need back seats, I'd be all over a MB GTS:love: Not in yellow though, dark blue or something like that.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I love my GT350, but if I went German again and didn't need back seats, I'd be all over a MB GTS:love: Not in yellow though, dark blue or something like that.
I ordered a MB C63 AMG 507 awhile back. But changed my mind because it was an automatic. I just have to have a manual.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a MB C63 AMG 507 awhile back. But changed my mind because it was an automatic. I just have to have a manual.
I thought you could still get a GTS in a manual, no? I know the new C63s don't have that option anymore.

Edit: Never mind I just checked and I guess you can't.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I thought you could still get a GTS in a manual, no? I know the new C63s don't have that option anymore.
I didn't think the C63's were anything but an auto. I was just looking and there is the GT and GT-S and GT-R. which one would you get?

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated