Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Seat Swap ....

A chance to move up. Only issue is Recaros. 6-1 and 265,

Any thoughts besides lose weight?
I am sure someone will help you with that one if you can't lose the weight.
I opt'ed for the premium leather seats instead of the Recaros for the very same
reason. It was like trying to fit into a size 35 jeans - having realized afterward they were not 38's. Too bad you can't adjust the Recaros to fit our waist line.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
6'0" 225 and first thing i thought was ah oh this ain't gonna work. and coming from a 16 GTPP i knew i was already giving up heated/cooled seats(gf loves them) so i was concerned to say the least.

have 2k miles now and i love them, still a little snug on my lats, but i feel its necessary and couldn't imagine going back to something that'd allow me to slide around.

i just look at it as my car loves me and i get a hug every time i hop in:D

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
155 and the recaros feel like they were custom made for me, so take that as you will. Even if you wanted to swap the seats out I'm sure another mustang owner would jump at buying the recaros.

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
155 and the recaros feel like they were custom made for me, so take that as you will. Even if you wanted to swap the seats out I'm sure another mustang owner would jump at buying the recaros.
I have been trying to do just this, even to the point of literally just giving my convenience package seats in trade for the Recaro's. Have found that the wiring harness will not work so the guy coming from the Recaro's won't have a way to power the Convenience Package seats. I'm sure there are plenty of ways to run your own wiring, just haven't gone down that complicated road yet.

I'm sure there are people that want the Recaro's, I know I sure do also, but to my knowledge I don't think anyone has done the swap yet, so no telling what is entailed.

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
I'm your size and have sat in both. The recaros were great at the Track Attack in Utah but they were well broken in as those cars have had a lot of use. Couldnt handle them 100% of the time - too narrow and the side bolsters are both firm and harder to get over when entering/exiting the vehicle. . The leather seats are very comfortable and a day trip would not be a problem with them. Good luck!

Sponsored

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
6'6" @330 here... with Recaros.... the first 2000 miles rather tight, after that - no more issues. I wouldnt want the car any other way. Sure, a 10 hour trip wont be the most comfortable, but youll have to stop for gas at least once, probably twice, not to mention food and other breaks. Recently drove down to Key West from Ft Myers, except for gas in Miami, straight through. 6 hours, and only the very was I noticing it.

EDIT: Any shorter trips, Miami, Orlando, no issues.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I have been trying to do just this, even to the point of literally just giving my convenience package seats in trade for the Recaro's. Have found that the wiring harness will not work so the guy coming from the Recaro's won't have a way to power the Convenience Package seats. I'm sure there are plenty of ways to run your own wiring, just haven't gone down that complicated road yet.

I'm sure there are people that want the Recaro's, I know I sure do also, but to my knowledge I don't think anyone has done the swap yet, so no telling what is entailed.
Ah I didn't realize the harness wasn't there. Thanks for the correction.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
6'1" and 210 here. I actually really like them myself, better than the Recaros that are an option in the GT. Like others have said, they will break in some. My only complaint with them is getting in and out of the car. That big thigh bolster sticking up can be rough on the ole coconuts.....

Jdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Recaros are the only option listed on the ford "build your own" site. Anyone know if the convenience package comes back for 2018?

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
won't know till they start taking orders for MY18

Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
6'1" and 210 here. I actually really like them myself, better than the Recaros that are an option in the GT. Like others have said, they will break in some. My only complaint with them is getting in and out of the car. That big thigh bolster sticking up can be rough on the ole coconuts.....
Next time put on your underoos and some pants:D