Sponsored

Silly options I wish I had

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Wait.

What kind of engineer is doing a Technical Writer I or II's job? Problem number one...
My boss was like well you designed the product and you took technical writing at school so you should do it. :shrug:
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the memory seat was a frivolous option since no one drives the car except me.
But, the auto slide back on key off has made getting in and out of the car much easier.
For those without it, when you turn off the car, the drivers seat goes to a fully back setting.
When you start the car, it slides forward to memory position 1.

OP
OP
panhandler62

panhandler62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My wife's Lincoln does that.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
The Convertibles come with Active Security standard. It includes a locking console lid. At least the 16's and up, my vert has the locking lid just not a auto locking glove box.

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Targa top would suit our body style quite nicely, I think. :cheers:

10bcfe3da8fe5896c68b43f0faac0a2a.jpg

20161031_111938_1024x577.jpg
You wouldn't catch me driving a convertible mustang in a million years, but that targa is great. :love:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
The Convertibles come with Active Security standard. It includes a locking console lid. At least the 16's and up, my vert has the locking lid just not a auto locking glove box.
I thought that was stupid. Lid locked automatically, but not the glove box:shrug:

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
So... um... how do you get the key out of the key fob?

As I tend to leave the top down on the convertible while sitting at Starbucks and while I usually park where it'll be in my line of sight, I'd rather be able to lock the glove box just incase.

Things my Acura SUV has that the Mustang doesn't that I'm now missing:
-- Seat memory - I let very close friends and family drive it if they haven't been in one yet / have to run to a corner store and they always move the seat on me :(
-- Sunglass holder - the hidden compartment next to the steering wheel holds an Easy Pass...
-- Hood struts (I found them online, will probably buy)
-- Much better sound system, even over the Stroker (will probably fix this myself)
-- Blind spot warning - not a huge deal, but kinda got used to it on the RDX. Coincidentally, the wife got into an accident tonight in the RDX and she must not have noticed the big amber icon right next to the passenger window (she merged from left lane into right lane, into the drivers door of a Chevy Tahoe) that says, it's not clear, lol...

Things the Mustang has that the RDX doesn't
-- cooled seats - those are niiiiicccceeee.
-- a lot more power - the RDX isn't a slouch but the Mustang is quite a bit more powerful
-- I've had people literally stop me and tell me what a beautiful car it is. Never, ever had that happen in the RDX. A 50k SUV gets no love; a 35k convertible gets my neighbor whom has never said 2 words to me shout at me from 2 houses down - awesome car! It's happened at least once a week since we bought it a month ago. The first time was 2 days after I got it, in a parking ramp at 11pm coming out of a movie by a guy. Um... I may start carrying a weapon, just in case...

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I wish it had the ability to have a digital speedometer in the center display to read the speed at a quick glance like my 5th gen Camaro had.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So... um... how do you get the key out of the key fob?
Look at back of key fob -
There is a small tab, press and hold that tab in, then simultaneously pull on the silver loop where you would attach other key rings. It may take a bit of effort, but be sure to pull the hoop straight up/outward. That is the hidden key inside of the fob that can be used to unlock the doors or glove box door.

It's a royal PIA to getting the key out of the fob...

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just for fun .. things I would add if I could snap my fingers --

• Touch pad under the deck lip so I don't need to grope in my pocket for the fob to open the trunk.
  • I wish the pony hologram changed color along with the ambients and instruments
  • Lock on the console lid on convertibles
  • Gas cylinders for the hood instead of a prop rod

One of these might be fairly easy. Not sure about the other 3 ... lol

Any little features anyone else thinks are missing/nice to have?
Back on topic, as a matter of fact, yes:

A S550 that LOCKS itself automatically after the owner has EXITED the vehicle and is walking inside the house or walking across a parking lot to/from work or stores.

I've read TONS of threads on here where everyone says this feature is non-existent... WTF, why couldn't that simple feature have been implemented into the current "autolock" features?

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
-- Blind spot warning - not a huge deal, but kinda got used to it on the RDX. Coincidentally, the wife got into an accident tonight in the RDX and she must not have noticed the big amber icon right next to the passenger window (she merged from left lane into right lane, into the drivers door of a Chevy Tahoe) that says, it's not clear, lol...
My 16 has Blind spot detection...makes lane changes so nice...

Things I want in my Mustang.

Mycolor lighting that actually works on all the buttons... Drives me nuts to have red and blue buttons...wtf did the QA testing on that garbage and that it was ok needs to be fired...

Seat backs that cool like the bottoms do..

Height adjustment for seatbelts...tired of them rubbing my neck.

Set the rear backup sensors to stay on...yes I want to use them...stop asking me everytime I turn on the car ffs..grrr

Cooled drink holders to keep my...soda...cold :)

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
Has it ever baffled you how many man hours went into writing and then perfecting the manuals for cars which no one reads? As someone who writes tests and "manuals" (much much shorter than car ones) as part of my job it blows. my. mind.
If the manual just covered the car you bought instead of every different sub model and every conceivable option that you don't have it might just be readable.