ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Thanks guys for the MOTM!! That is awesome! Made my day to open up M6G and see my car on the front page. :D

Holy cow that is ALOT of wiring, lol!
Seriously man, its unreal lol. No matter how neat I tried to make it there was just too many thick wires in too small of a space, especially trying to connect them all to the battery in the corner.

Well damn that is a lot of equipment stuff back there! I'm sure we'll find out when you post the final pics, but are you putting the backseat back up when you're finished? Covering the brace or wiring for the amps? Can tell a lot of work went in to this and I bet it'll sound insane.
The seats are back in the car, the left side seat back goes back and latches. The right side does not. You can see that the amp on that side extends past the wood boards that I cut to size. There was no other way to orient the amps so I had no choice. One back seat works ok for me, but I may try to cut a notch in the back of the right side seat for the corner of the amp to fit into, so I can latch it.

While driving I like to keep one or two of the seats down anyways though as to not muffle the sound, which is why I mounted them forward facing.

Congrat's with the motm Allen. :cheers: Looking good.
Thanks alot!
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my XLume GT badge
Installed vibration dampener into the whole trunk area (for upcoming sound system)
Installed my Redline hood struts...AFTER being almost done with all the aftermarket engine work lol.
Deleted the prop rod (+40hp)
Installed my rear speakers (but not hooked up yet, Hertz Millie Pro Coaxial)
Installed anti-theft hidden GPS tracker (not hooked up yet).

Vibration damper used was Sound Deadener Showdown CLD Tiles. The tiles have been tested and shown better performance over the traditional systems, pretty impressive.

Great Build! I am thinking about the Xlume GT badge for the back and the pony for the front. Did you go with a Red color GT badge? How was the install?

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Likely already asked, but, how much?

Sweet ride!

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Spent a couple hours tonight tuning my sound system with the Helix DSP software. Got a windshield tablet mount since I didn't feel like holding that thing for hours. No I don't drive like that,
Lol. Just used for tuning when I was parked (In a empty commercial parking lot so I could turn it up)

Amazing how much difference time alignment makes. Made me a believer in sound processors. Speakers didn't seem to need a whole lot of EQing either, just some minor adjustments based on my taste. The Helix has two profiles so I plan on making a setup for two different genres. Only set up one for now, the other will be another day. Had to cut my time short as I blew the small fuse for my amp fans and some other accessories. Fused it at 10A upping it to a 15A tomorrow.

IMG_20171122_210456.jpg

Great Build! I am thinking about the Xlume GT badge for the back and the pony for the front. Did you go with a Red color GT badge? How was the install?
Thank you, Yes I went with the red badge, matches the brake lights nicely. Really adds an awesome look to the car at night. Very unique. Install wasn't hard, just be careful removing the decklid. Also when you are drilling out the plastic welds for the OEM GT, one of them looks a little different, dont drill that one. Ask me how I know. :lol: It was actually slightly outside the area of the badge. The incorrect hole I drilled left a very small gap above the badge that I filled, so it's basically invisible, but I still know it's there lol

Likely already asked, but, how much?

Sweet ride!
Thanks! How much what?

Last edited:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on MOTM, quite an endeavor & audio as well.

Sponsored

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Congrats man! Awesome build. Well deserved.

You know we don't disappoint, we will be making a thread soon about it.
I wasn't disappointed! Just placed my order for cat deletes, hurricane inlet and Vibrant resonators :D

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Semi-final pics of the sound system!

In person I couldn't tell, but now that I see the pics, the box looks crooked. Even though it looks ok from the car, it's now making me twitch :lol: I'll have to fix that one day. Possibly from the battery on the other side, but hopefully I can straighten it.

Some notes/explanations...

As pictured you can see I used several brackets to hold everything together. There are straight brackets holding the amp walls to the box in the rear, and brackets holding the front of the amp boards to the board in front of the box, which is then L bracketed to the box. Also L brackets on the top of the boards and to the box. Keeps everything nice and secure and holds everything together. Feels very sturdy.

The left back seat goes back, the right one does not since the two amps on that side are longer. I may try to make a notch in the seat for the amp corner to sit in so I have the ability to close the seat. I usually ride with it down anyway though.

Subs, front of the box, and amps are all secured with square or pin-in torx screws, making them very hard to steal if someone tries, as it's a very rare bit. Also going to use these on the amp wall brackets. Also hooked up my Anti-theft GPS tracker in the car. This thing is near impossible to remove anyway though, without removing all the seats and two people struggling to move it with no leverage, I know from installing it lol.

The gap in the back of the trunk, and the cutouts are for my upcoming methanol injection tank. Left cutout is for the hose to run through and allows some access to the pump, right cutout is for the wires. I may have to move the box slightly forward to fit the tank and condense the wires to the right side.

Fuse holders for the driver-side amps are mounted on the board in front of the box, the passenger side amps fuses are near the battery. I would have rathered put them all out of sight but there was not enough space to do it any other way. Same with the terminals on the front of the subwoofer box.

Helix DSP is mounted on the opposite side of the driver-side amp board.

IMG_20171123_130155.jpg
IMG_20171123_130109.jpg
IMG_20171123_130612.jpg
IMG_20171123_130618.jpg
IMG_20171123_130625.jpg
IMG_20171123_130703.jpg
IMG_20171123_130243.jpg

Congrats on MOTM, quite an endeavor & audio as well.
Thank you! :cheers:

Congrats man! Awesome build. Well deserved.
Thanks alot! :ford:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Took some awesome pictures this weekend!

IMG_20171125_113811.jpg
IMG_20171125_113814.jpg
IMG_20171125_113756.jpg
IMG_20171125_113750.jpg

Last edited:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That Magnetic Gray is such an awesome color! definitely in my Top 3!

Sponsored
OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Got my methanol tank finally! PSI Proformance in PA does some great work.

This will fit directly behind the sound system box in the trunk. Weight will rest on the shelf built into the box and it will screw into the box with the brackets pictured. Should be around 4 gallons.

Hope to get this in next month and then it can be tuned and dyno'ed!

IMG_20171219_215447_01.jpg
IMG_20171219_215447_02.jpg
IMG_20171219_215447_03.jpg

Last edited:

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
OMG - this car is a beast. Most be fun to be able to do everything yourself and afford it hah. I would had never guessed this car had (10k?) worth of mods underneath it all driving next to it. How did you learn to do all the mechanics on this? Use any reference material? Experience?

You will need to make a dash cam video of how exhilarating it is to go from 0-100mph under 6 seconds.

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
OMG - this car is a beast. Most be fun to be able to do everything yourself and afford it hah. I would had never guessed this car had (10k?) worth of mods underneath it all driving next to it. How did you learn to do all the mechanics on this? Use any reference material? Experience?

You will need to make a dash cam video of how exhilarating it is to go from 0-100mph under 6 seconds.
Thanks! It's been fun installing everything myself and is definitely a proud accomplishment of mine. I'm actually an industrial equipment mechanic, and was an auto mechanic for a couple years prior to that. I went to school for automotive and have been working on cars since I was a kid :thumbsup:

I'll see if I can get that. I'm thinking about taking it to the track in the spring/summer too.

On a side note, I found one E85 station near me (only one in the state). So I'm putting a Fore Stage 1 on my to-do list once my finances are looking a little better.

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Over the weekend I was able to prep for my methanol injection and boost controller.

Ran the methanol line and electrical for meth kit MAP sensor. Ran boost/vac hose and electrical for boost control solenoid. All through the sound tube hole. Protected in wire loom and secured away from the engine.

At the same time installed GarageLine's gas pedal spacer to give me more room between the pedal and sound tube hole allowing me to run all those lines. At the same time it made it more comfortable for me to find a good position of my leg, I've always found this car to have comfortable seats but an uncomfortable seating position, this helped that for me.

IMG_20180127_184353_01.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: