Sponsored

Best bang for buck supercharger?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Look at your graph..... The power hits HARD and all at once it seems. It just doesn't do anything until at least 3500 RPM. My positive displacement blower builds power at 2000 rpms. I'm not trying to say centris are junk, they are just not as good for a daily driver/street car. They are just better for track purposes.
That just looks like when the dyno operator hit the throttle. It's not all the sudden going to gain a few hundred lb-ft in a few hundred rpm.

Bang for the buck? Paxton all day.
Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
It was, as I stated.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
True. This thread is about the "best bang for the buck".
In this case, the Magnuson ($5500 or so) is the clear winner. Probably around the SAME $ as a centrifugal, but so much better as a street car/daily driver, etc. I like to daily drive at low to mid throttle most of the time. If I had a centrifugal, I'd never know it was even installed. I'd I hammer The throttle, hang on tight. The Magnuson PD blowers are also beasts on the 1/4 mile track just like the other PD blowers out there. They just cost less $. There are tons of GM guys running Magnuson blowers. High quality and built to last. They just dont have a huge following with the Ford crowd unfortunately. Probably only because Whipple and Ford Racing/Roush have basically cornered the market with the PD crowd.
Magnuson :lol::lol::lol::lol:

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Magnuson :lol::lol::lol::lol:
What is it with all the maggy guys coming to the coyote forums and facebook pages this week? They going to try and make an attempt to be relevant? :lol:

OP a paxton is by far your best bang for the buck. I'm a whipple guy but there is no denying the potential with the paxton.

Sponsored

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
What's wrong with the Magnuson?
Nothing. Just haters. Mine puts down more than OP. soooooooo. It’s not bad at all. Lol. It’s just not as popular as Whipple and proleaker. Please explain how 5500 installed for over 600 whp where is a cheaper deal. I’ll wait

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Nothing wrong with a magnuson but the room to grow hits a dead end fast compared to other kits.
You don’t have a maggy. I can upgrade to bigger injectors, smaller pulley , cai, fuel system like anyone else or any other system. 5500 install for 600 whp can’t be beat. Show me a better deal. This forum is full of people that don’t know shit about shit and give out info via Popularity and wrong info*♂

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Nothing. Just haters. Mine puts down more than OP. soooooooo. It’s not bad at all. Lol. It’s just not as popular as Whipple and proleaker. Please explain how 5500 installed for over 600 whp where is a cheaper deal. I’ll wait
Puts more down than who? Where’s your sheet to prove it? Also as Beefcake stated you can get a Paxton/Vortech kit with smaller injectors for 4800. That’s 700 cheaper than your set up. Not everyone needs their kit installed for them. You’re clearly the only one in this thread upset.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Most people that went with centrifugals only went in that direction because of their budgets. The ONLY REASON that they got one was because it's a cheaper option. Sure, they are powerful and fast. They are better suited/designed though for 1/4 mile racing and not daily driven street cars. Most people drive their cars 80-90% of the time at less than 4000 rpms. During this higher percentage, casual to slightly spirited driving, a PD has ACTUAL function since it builds power at 2000 rpms. If the centri crowd wanted a better choice for the same budget, the superior PD Magnuson is it. If they want a 1/4 mile only car, get a centri. case closed:cheers:

Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
How is it superior lol? Livernois has a thread where it put down 591/465. I’m sure it’s a decent blower given it was based on the Eaton 2.3 TVS architecture. I just think it’s fugly tbh. You two made this a Paxton hating thread and based on all the facts and data the Magnuson comes up short. Hundreds of members hitting crazy 1/4 miles times and high power #s on anything but the “Maggie”. Whether that be VMP, Whipple, Procharger, or Paxton/Vortechs. You all have a very small cult following and are obviously trying to stay relevant.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
DOB build??
department of boost. their manifold can accept most any type of PD blower (tvs, whipple, etc), so it’s really up to your goals to determine how mild or wild you want to go.

my build:
2.3L tvs w/ quick change 8-rib pulley
1.25” manifold inlet/outlet with matching ptfe lines and an fittings
25a water pump flowing 27gpm
1000cu inch heat exchanger
fore fuel l4 triple pump system w/ id1300x
pbdyno 68mm dual-blade tb
custom jlt cai
1 7/8” lth
3” exhaust

just waiting on the manifold and h/e to get built, will have it put together and on the dyno for tuning in late-jan (i hope). stay tuned :)

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
There’s no real bad option, it comes down to personal preference, budget, what type of deal you can get, and how you want the car to feel (because PD, Centris, and Turbos all have a different feel). Also ease of install, if installing yourself, might be a factor as well.
Sponsored