First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
anybody find S and S+ not comfortable with bad road condition ? I have to lift off my foot otherwise it keeps lurching in the 1st or 2nd gear.
After the 3rd, it's okay.
Yeah it can be, but I think its more if you're being bounced at all your foot moves on the peddle which causes it.

Basically the smaller movements are mostly ignored in D but change the acceleration in S/S+ which causes the lurch

Mqrko

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marko
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016
Yes this is why i lift off my foot. Cant keep it steady when on shitty road so i switch back to D.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I daily drive in sport plus, Gt auto paddles only. Much smoother than standard through the box. Might have to give track a try, after all I swear my car has no traction control at all.
i daily in D, and i dont think it has traction control. in 2 weeks, i did a 75-80 degree turns from a stopping position and the rear swing around, and people think i was trying to drift. making me look like a knob head. im pretty sure its because of the p zero when its cold/wet

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
it does have traction control, you'll feel the throttle lift off no matter how hard you push on it, the thing is in these cars you are sitting over the rear wheels pretty much, most of the sports cars out there dont have the driving position so far back, therefore by the time it loses traction on the rear wheels the weight over them is sliding along with it, the tyres arn't too bad, not the best, but you can't blame them, a bad craftsman blames his tools :D.

Sponsored

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
it does have traction control, you'll feel the throttle lift off no matter how hard you push on it, the thing is in these cars you are sitting over the rear wheels pretty much, most of the sports cars out there dont have the driving position so far back, therefore by the time it loses traction on the rear wheels the weight over them is sliding along with it, the tyres arn't too bad, not the best, but you can't blame them, a bad craftsman blames his tools :D.
I have driven a lot of pretty fast cars over a lot of years and I have never had a car that spins the rears like the Mustang. Not once have I felt any throttle management by the car indicating that traction control was kicking in. Not that I am complaining at all, it makes you respect the car and the potential "outcomes" of getting carried away.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
That's very strange!!! i find my stang has plenty of grip, it grips to the ground and pulls like a train.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
I have driven a lot of pretty fast cars over a lot of years and I have never had a car that spins the rears like the Mustang. Not once have I felt any throttle management by the car indicating that traction control was kicking in. Not that I am complaining at all, it makes you respect the car and the potential "outcomes" of getting carried away.
I'm exactly the same. I've never felt the esc/traction control even as the arse end of the car was sliding past my window :shrug:.

IMHO it has the worst traction of any car I've driven in the last 20 years. I just cannot ever drive it in D, its just sloshes into 5th gear by 50kph and drones like an old jumbo, so in Sport in the wet I have to drive like Miss Daisy's mother. It jumps, slides and slips about when you hit a rough patch when cornering in the wet. just scary!

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
I'm exactly the same. I've never felt the esc/traction control even as the arse end of the car was sliding past my window :shrug:.

IMHO it has the worst traction of any car I've driven in the last 20 years. I just cannot ever drive it in D, its just sloshes into 5th gear by 50kph and drones like an old jumbo, so in Sport in the wet I have to drive like Miss Daisy's mother. It jumps, slides and slips about when you hit a rough patch when cornering in the wet. just scary!
why would you be driving it in sport in the wet in the first place? i normally switch mine to wet in the wet and don't have a problem unless i do something stupid like try to catch a light or something, torque based control on a short wheelbase is quite unforgiving if in the wrong mode, if you're spinning wheels well you obviously have too much torque or not enough grip, sure they spin the rears, every good car should, but it's not a hard equation, lots of torque + short wheel base + very far back siting postion, it's gonna be fun if you press the "go fast" pedal. however i did come from a holden ute with no traction control or anything either.

Sponsored

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
One big difference in Sport+ or Track is brake respons. In track mode, the brakes bite much harder.

Mcgyver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic 6 Spd Manual
i daily in D, and i dont think it has traction control. in 2 weeks, i did a 75-80 degree turns from a stopping position and the rear swing around, and people think i was trying to drift. making me look like a knob head. im pretty sure its because of the p zero when its cold/wet
I think that the tail happy stuff at low speed is a result of the Torsen diff. It will break the loaded tyre loose rather than spin up the unloaded tyre. This is more pronounced at low speed as the Torsen is very effective in these circumstances but less so at higher speeds.

The Torsen is also the reason the diff clunks going from acceleration to deceleration. I installed Steedas stop the hop solution and it is much more pronounced - but much more fun !!!!:cheers:

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
I think that the tail happy stuff at low speed is a result of the Torsen diff. It will break the loaded tyre loose rather than spin up the unloaded tyre. This is more pronounced at low speed as the Torsen is very effective in these circumstances but less so at higher speeds.

The Torsen is also the reason the diff clunks going from acceleration to deceleration. I installed Steedas stop the hop solution and it is much more pronounced - but much more fun !!!!:cheers:
Our Australian version of the Mustang does not have the Torsen Diff.

The Torsen Diff is an option on some of the USA spec cars.

We have a standard LSD.

If your Diff is clucking, bring it to the attention of your Dealer.
The Diff may have excessive backlash, which a Diff expert can shim out.

If it is clunking on the acceleration / over-run, it will wear and become very noisy in a short period of time.

Mcgyver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic 6 Spd Manual
Our Australian version of the Mustang does not have the Torsen Diff.

The Torsen Diff is an option on some of the USA spec cars.

We have a standard LSD.

If your Diff is clucking, bring it to the attention of your Dealer.
The Diff may have excessive backlash, which a Diff expert can shim out.

If it is clunking on the acceleration / over-run, it will wear and become very noisy in a short period of time.
:eyebulge:bloody service technician bullshitted me! When I complained at the 3k service he gave me the banter about it being a Torsen diff - and the clunking being part of the deal .:frusty:

Not happy Jan

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
It's there job to talk $#¡T and try not to cover anything.
Sponsored