Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Think about that real hard... Consider the fact that they put people in space.

Or they contracted out the eye-pro to some other company and NASA doesn't have a thing to do with developing the protection.

Also, astronauts don't typically stare into the sun, so probably not the experts in what is needed to protect people's eyes while staring into the sun for minutes.
Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Im in the direct path of the total eclipse. I will be at work that day so it will be like night shift for a few minutes.

WileECoyote79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost w/performance pack
ill have my telescope out to check it out. wish i was in the path of totality but oh well. should still be a good show. im going to try and get some pics with my scope...if i do ill try and post some on here.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I'm taking a couple days off of work and driving to stay in Nashville. Won't watch from Nashville though, plan to drive out a little to get right in the middle of the path. I've always been enamored with space and I'm kinda excited. =)

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
people are freaking out here. apparently here it will be the best place to see it in the whole country at 100%. so everyone is preparing like it's dooms day because of all the traffic coming in. 1st day of school even got cancelled because of it

people are even renting out rooms in their house for it.

Sponsored

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
people are freaking out here. apparently here it will be the best place to see it in the whole country at 100%. so everyone is preparing like it's dooms day because of all the traffic coming in. 1st day of school even got cancelled because of it

people are even renting out rooms in their house for it.
Every hotel here in the Charleston area has been booked for months the local news reported. We have family coming in from Georgia and North Carolina to see it.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Every hotel here in the Charleston area has been booked for months the local news reported. We have family coming in from Georgia and North Carolina to see it.
They said we would be getting 1 million people for the event. That is like bridge run weekend x10. If I had open rooms, I would definitely consider renting out 1 or 2.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I screwed up and didn't book my room in Nashville until last week. Travelocity showed everything there sold out. Took me some searching but finally found something. I knew people were going but think I underestimated things for sure.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I screwed up and didn't book my room in Nashville until last week. Travelocity showed everything there sold out. Took me some searching but finally found something. I knew people were going but think I underestimated things for sure.
Well I'd say you done real good. You will only be an hours drive from Hopkinsville Kentucky, the top viewing spot in the country.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Will it be okay to use dark sunglasses and #11 welding lens combo to view the eclipse..any opinions on that?

Sponsored

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
Using a solar filter I use with a Celestron C8 telescope. I will be using a Canon D50 camera with a 100-400mm zoom. Hope they come out well. Here's a shot a took 2 days ago as a test.
sun2-1.jpg

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Will it be okay to use dark sunglasses and #11 welding lens combo to view the eclipse..any opinions on that?

The sunglasses will be of absolutely no use. I don't know for sure about the welding goggles but I would say officially you need the proper ISO-certified solar glasses to reduce your risk of vision damage.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
This is all I'll be able to see where I am at but I'm still gonna check it out. Someone at work gave me a pair of glasses this morning.
solar.PNG

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
It was cloudy and rained here during the WHOLE eclipse. It was sunny this morning, but when the eclipse started, everything took a turn. Typical shitty weather here.
Sponsored