Sponsored

Convertible Problems?

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
That looks like its right at the edge of the parade seat. The part of the top the people sit on in parades. our cars have that hard part installed by ford it looks like maybe the edge of it is rubbing on the top . with the top up or half up look inside the top and see if you can find where its rubbing
Sponsored

Indylatenight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I have the same issue with my passenger rear window on my '16 V6. It's annoying, but in a sense, good to know I'm not alone. I'll have to see if a little lube fixes it.
Definitely not alone. I test drove a new 17 on Saturday and dropped the top during the test drive. When I put it back up, the rear passenger window stopped about 3/4 of inch before it actually closed. Had to raise it by hand the rest of the way. Brought it to the salesman's attention and he said, "Yeah, that happens some time." Really? :doh: For a car that cost in excess of 30K I find that totally unacceptable.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Possible answer

Please see my post by CVCashmere about the plastic tonneau covers that cut into the side of the roof when snapped into place. I wound up filing down the ribs on the inside of the plastic tonneau covers and placed electrical tape over the remaining ridges to act as a pad.

It seems my roof is slightly higher on the drivers side than the passenger side.

BTW...can't take any pictures right now as I am Maui, marveling at the tons of V-6 vert rental cars that populate the island. The most popular color???

You won't believe it...it's Oxford White! Yea!

CVCashmere

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
white cars sell faster as used cars, which is probably why rentals are white.

Im in Australia but I drove around a basic v6 ruby red vert last year... and bought the ecoboost with the aus/euro "kinda mostly but not all the way premium option" vert and Im loving it.

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
I am now experiencing the rear window with the top up problem of not fully closing.
Cleaned out the top seal seemed to help.

I had my top replaced by Ford due to the fabric defect. I noticed the problem developing again and I think it is related to the design and construction of the top.
With the top down if you place your hand inside from the rear trunk area or either side of the car and run a finger along the perimeter there is a sewn and plastic welded runner. Due to the plastic weld there are sharp hooks that rub against the fabric.
I cleaned up the area and applied a tape over the abrasive area.
_K5_7455-2.JPG

Sponsored

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
I am now experiencing the rear window with the top up problem of not fully closing.
Cleaned out the top seal seemed to help.

I had my top replaced by Ford due to the fabric defect. I noticed the problem developing again and I think it is related to the design and construction of the top.
With the top down if you place your hand inside from the rear trunk area or either side of the car and run a finger along the perimeter there is a sewn and plastic welded runner. Due to the plastic weld there are sharp hooks that rub against the fabric.
I cleaned up the area and applied a tape over the abrasive area.
Do you have pictures of the fabric defect?

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
Well took it to the ford dealership looks like it was the Tonneau covers Rubbing when the top was down ford saw it as there defect and replaced my top. As for the work by the dealership meh.

badboygt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015 convertible, GT Fastback 1968
My rear-passenger window just started doing this as well.
To be clear, it's not an issue with holding the button up a little longer...that window simply will not go up all the way. I tried for 10 minutes today with no luck. I had to get out of the car and manually lift up on the window, then it stayed in place.

Anyone have a fix on this before I have to take a whole day (maybe longer) dealing with the idiots at the dealership?
SO I had the problem on mine and the dealer did a fix initially which didn't work. I just had the car back in and they replaced the regulator and now its fine.

An alternate method I found to get the window up COMPLETELY (because it is a tight fit) is to lock in the roof, unlock it and then bring the windows up. You have to lock/unlock because otherwise the windows will not come up.

badboygt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015 convertible, GT Fastback 1968
Here's a pic of the top down so you can get an idea of the location
Just had my fabric roof replaces for the same thing - small nick (less than 1mm) but they changed it anyways under warranty. The issue is not the roof, but the plastic panel covers - they are badly made, with sharp ridges that rub against the roof more specifically against the seam. When the roof was replaced, they also shaved down the ridges on the plastic panels so that they wouldn't rub any more.

Sponsored

JocoRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang EcoBoost Convert
3 months/3 k miles in.
Had a leak on the top between the drivers window.
AC was dripping condensation on the wife's feet while driving.
Collision avoidance was way too sensitive. Said an up coming bridge was in our way.
Black trim/seal between the body and vert top was coming off on the drivers side rear.

All fixed under warranty. Happily too. The wife has it while i'm in stationed Germany, so I have appreciated the help the dealer has been. No issues dealing with them so far.

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
Does any buddy else have this problem?
I just noticed the exact same problem with mine on both sides.

Were they able to make a determination as to the cause and what is the fix?

Thanks,

RJ

lathamb

EcoBoost_Vert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
I had my rear passenger adjusted at the local dealer. It seems there is a "procedure" (service bulletin) to adjust the window. It only took an hour to fix.
Sponsored