OP
OP
Mustang Mikes Queen Creek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Will the cobb allow you to moniter the HpFp at,Afrs are showing 9.73 still at wot with the factory tune,Knock detect is 0/1 Ineont understand all the values on the cobb What is StFts? Thanks for education id like to learn more about it.
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Will the cobb allow you to moniter the HpFp at,Afrs are showing 9.73 still at wot with the factory tune,Knock detect is 0/1 Ineont understand all the values on the cobb What is StFts? Thanks for education id like to learn more about it.
FRP Actual is the actual fuel rail pressure on the high pressure side. Are you monitoring AFR on the gauge cluster in the car or the Accessport? The gauge cluster in the car reads in AFR (SP) or AFR (Stoich Point). That shows the AFR based on the stoich point setting of the fuel you are using. If you want standard AFR, like on a wideband O2 sensor kit (that's calibrated for E0 gas), then you'll want to monitor AFR only. 9.73 would be about right for the stock calibration because it will dump fuel in to prevent knock and decrease combustion temps, especially with the junk stock intercooler.

Knock PI Detect, if that's what you're referring to, is to show the intensity of a pre-ignition event. For monitoring detonation (knock), you want to monitor Ign Corr. Cyl 1 - 4. If you see those numbers in any of the 4 cylinders go into the negatives, then the sensors are picking up knock and pulling timing.

STFT is the Short Term Fuel Trim. On a calibration that's dialed in for the car, you normally want to see it within ±5%.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Yes im montering afr on the cobb,ignition correction on number 4,I will add the stfts on the cobb and watch for that as well.Car has 26000 with the original plugs too,ig may be time to change and gap a peach tighter.The cars been bomb proof so far.oar is always relearned to -1.00 and I dont pound on it until it is relearned.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
As [MENTION=13694]Juben[/MENTION] has eluded to the Access Port allows you to continuously monitor up to 6 different parameters at a time. You can datalog a lot of additional parameters that can be reviewed via excel spreadsheet or other programs such as datazap.

It's important that you align yourself with a tuner that not only understands what all of that data means, but is willing to share with you how to interpret that data. The link I provided you in my previous post has a lot of good information on the tuning insights and technical info regarding the ecoboost platform and the Cobb AP.

Unfortunately, it's tough to find good technical info in regards to tuning here because the mustang is such a competitive market. I came from the Mazdaspeed forums which was more willing to share with the community. Please feel free to continue to ask questions here and I will try to answer as accurately as I can, but remember a good tuner will help you more than you will experience here on the forums.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Im familiar with the excel software,as I have run files from tune+,I have a 91 octane etune life time tune plus trans tune,Im just more in love with the oem tune with some octane and potentially a couple more bolton parts,Im in tthe process of building a turbo 331 car and that has top priority financially in terms of car fund allocation,But im always open for tech time and learning especially with all the functions cobb has to offer.Im perfectly fine with someone trying to explain to me what these functions do and how they work as I know tuners time is hard pressed, so any information thats solid is good to me.Much appreciated.Thank you!

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Im familiar with the excel software,as I have run files from tune+,I have a 91 octane etune life time tune plus trans tune,Im just more in love with the oem tune with some octane and potentially a couple more bolton parts,Im in tthe process of building a turbo 331 car and that has top priority financially in terms of car fund allocation,But im always open for tech time and learning especially with all the functions cobb has to offer.Im perfectly fine with someone trying to explain to me what these functions do and how they work as I know tuners time is hard pressed, so any information thats solid is good to me.Much appreciated.Thank you!
It sounds like you appreciate the low end grunt of the stock tune on good premium fuel. I would imagine with the auto trans, you never need to rev it out past normal shift points, therefore it probably does feel more fluid that way.

I have a manual trans, so I need every bit of additional rev in the powerband I can get. Lol.

My next upgrade is the Pumaspeed turbo and supplemental injection to get me.north of 400whp with stock like spool. I think 420whp and 400wtq is as much as I'm comfortable running on the stock block.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Got some data I can send you a quick pic of the moniters on a text if thats cool 480 430 5968

Actual afr wot
Ign cor cyl 4
Stft
Hpfp
Charge air temp
Oct adj Ratio Lrn

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Got some data I can send you a quick pic of the moniters on a text if thats cool 480 430 5968

Actual afr wot
Ign cor cyl 4
Stft
Hpfp
Charge air temp
Oct adj Ratio Lrn
Here's a list of parameters to log to determine if your tune is on point. It is recommended to perform a 3rd gear pull from about 2500rpm to 6500rpm. Turn traction control off and just do a pull in 3rd gear until you reach 6500. If you want to send me that log file, I can put it on VD just as a reference for you.

As far as what to monitor, I usually log:

Charge Air Temps F
Boost Pressure PSI
Ign Corr. Cyl 1
Ign Corr. Cyl 2
Ign Corr. Cyl 3
Ign Corr. Cyl 4

Feel free to send
Recommmended Log Parametes.png

Sponsored

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Does anyone else feel regardless of tune ,Cobb stg 1 91 93 Stage etc etc,Tune+ 91,Trans tune or otherwise etc etc,That the tuned version makes the cars feel soggy on tip in power and also trans responsivness when letting the car upshit,I feel like my oem tune is absolutely dead on for bottem end and midrange power,Trans shifts beautifully as well.A much more enjoyable daily driver experiences.My question is this,why cant these tuned cars runs as well or even better on the bottom end and still have the benefits of upper midrange power and torque.The hp tunes feel gutless for throttle response and spool time and much less refined.At this point id only run these tunes at the track for w.o.t performance.Ive decided long ago I cant really stand them for daily driving.Will purchasing a pedal max bring back all the oem crispness with the tunes?

Not interested in a pissing match just basic experiences.Thanks
Throttle response to me has never felt different. What you likely are feeling is the difference in timing curve between tunes. The stock tune is more set for your daily driving experiences. most poeple live in the low to mid rpm range, so your boost and timing will be in there to keep the car moving. Cobb's 93 tune basically is the same as stock but with a lot more of a punch, but it falls off at around 4200-4500rpm. My Tune+ tune the timing is brought it much more linearly and I honestly feel I have a much fatter power band. Granted I also drive in sport mode and keep my rpm's up even when daily driving as I just can't stand how the transmissions is programed from the factory in normal drive mode.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I'm curious about this. I've been considering a resonator delete, but I worry about cabin noise. I use my car for a daily 40-min commute. Do you get much drone without a resonator?
No drone at all. Just as quiet as stock when cruising. When getting on the throttle with the windows open you hear more exhaust but it's just noticeable with the windows closed.

I am waiting on one of the $50 coupons from Summit Racing and will purchase some mufflers to replace the stock ones.

I have a 50 mile round trip commute so I want something quiet while cruising with no drone. I take my Barracuda out when I want to make some noise.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
No drone at all. Just as quiet as stock when cruising. When getting on the throttle with the windows open you hear more exhaust but it's just noticeable with the windows closed.

I am waiting on one of the $50 coupons from Summit Racing and will purchase some mufflers to replace the stock ones.

I have a 50 mile round trip commute so I want something quiet while cruising with no drone. I take my Barracuda out when I want to make some noise.
Seriously, check out these Full Boar Max Flow SS mufflers. Select the 2.25" to fit up with the factory Ecoboost exhaust or 2.5" for the factory GT exhaust. You literally cannot beat these mufflers for the quality, price, and sound. These are just as good, if not better because of the price, as Magnaflows. I'm surprised more people don't know about them and/or use them. Get them and you won't be disappointed.

Also, the part number for the 2.25" is MF1225 and the 2.5" is MF1226. You can find them on eBay a lot of times for the same price with free shipping.
Sponsored