Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer is giving me a hard time about changing my order to PP2. They say it can't be done because I have a VIN and build date of November 27th. That's over 5 weeks away, when did you edit yours? The ordering manager at my dealer is kind of a prick. If he doesn't want to do it I'll tell him to keep or cancel my original order and I will reorder. The thing is if I can't get PP2 on the original order I just won't buy the car, it's that simple. They're not going to force me to buy a car that's not exactly what I want.
The car was originally ordered in Aug, and I made the change about 3 weeks ago. The guy did say he wasn't sure if the changes would be accepted - but he sent the request in anyways.
Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
The car was originally ordered in Aug, and I made the change about 3 weeks ago. The guy did say he wasn't sure if the changes would be accepted - but he sent the request in anyways.
I ordered my car on 8/9. On 8/26 I called and got my car changed to a coupe. They didn't have a problem and actually they ended up deleting some stuff I wanted. I felt bad for annoying them but my dad told me its your car they want to order it your way. If they won't do it cancel the order and get your deposit back(if you gave them one) and go to another dealer. My dealer has been nothing but nice to me. I even texted my salesman about if they could accept a SUV for a trade and he said they could. But as far as I know my car hasn't been accepted.

Saddled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 5.0 Coupe
This is my first and last time special ordering a car I think. Easier to just track one down and travel to it
Same here. In the Philly area, six-months after dealer debut, there are dozens. My repeat dealer says, "Nothing showing." Good thing I kept my '13, but I can't for the life of me figure out why. :cool:

Saddled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 5.0 Coupe
You cannot convince me waiting until January for a car I ordered in July is worth the wait.
Plus, winter will be half over and you will have missed an awful lot of the snow and ice... oh, wait, Arizona. Never mind. :thumbsup:

JimG_AZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium (RIP - 3/19)
The only thing is I don't really want to spend 80k on it. And I did not call it an old person car my parents did. I actually like how Mercedes look. And I'm sure they hold their value !! I might have to take my dad to look at one. Every time I see one I check it out.
Just Check Kelly Blue Book on that Mercedes. Look at a 4 year old one and you will see that they do not hold their value well at all. In 4 years, that Mercedes would depreciate more than the total cost of my 2017 GT. They are great cars, but they are geared towards a totally different market. Almost across the board, high end luxury cars do not hold their value well. If you really want a Mercedes, have you considered the used market for one? You should be able to negotiate a good deal on a used one. You will save a lot of money on a used one but make sure you can afford the upkeep and maintenance, because it will be high. While you are looking at the Mercedes, another car to look at would be a BMW M4. My boss has one and it is an awesome car. It would smoke my 2017 GT in a race.

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just Check Kelly Blue Book on that Mercedes. Look at a 4 year old one and you will see that they do not hold their value well at all. In 4 years, that Mercedes would depreciate more than the total cost of my 2017 GT. They are great cars, but they are geared towards a totally different market. Almost across the board, high end luxury cars do not hold their value well. If you really want a Mercedes, have you considered the used market for one? You should be able to negotiate a good deal on a used one. You will save a lot of money on a used one but make sure you can afford the upkeep and maintenance, because it will be high. While you are looking at the Mercedes, another car to look at would be a BMW M4. My boss has one and it is an awesome car. It would smoke my 2017 GT in a race.
I've looked at used Mercedes. And I can afford the upkeep. I agree that they are geared more towards a different market. A lot of older people drive them. Mostly because younger people (where I live) can't afford them. I've also looked at the M4. The dealer around me has one. I always want to go see it. Maybe I will soon :)

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy that ordered his 2018 Mustang GT premium 401A automatic the same day I ordered mine just got a vin # today. He's a retail order priority code 10. The vin # is 1FA6P8CF1J5123658
Hopefully, I'll receive my VIN soon! Fingers crossed!!

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
My buddy that ordered his 2018 Mustang GT premium 401A automatic the same day I ordered mine just got a vin # today. He's a retail order priority code 10. The vin # is 1FA6P8CF1J5123658
Wow, that’s so early in he day.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea it didn't show Friday but today at 330 am Pacific Time I checked and it popped up.
dang,:thumbsup: I wish mine will show up. And it's on cotus I assume?

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
dang,:thumbsup: I wish mine will show up. And it's on cotus I assume?
When I check the VIN on cotus it doesn't come up... Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pretty sure the last name part can be anything, since I did the same thing for the other order from my dealer and typing random stuff in that box gives same results.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
pretty sure the last name part can be anything, since I did the same thing for the other order from my dealer and typing random stuff in that box gives same results.
It worked the third time I put it in. It'd be nice if I could see if mine comes up. But I share my order number with a truck!

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It worked the third time I put it in. It'd be nice if I could see if mine comes up. But I share my order number with a truck!
you can always try the inventory search. I think they refresh it every Tuesday.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
you can always try the inventory search. I think they refresh it every Tuesday.
Mine isn't on there. It shows an 18 Ecoboost and a GT. As well as a couple 17s. Aren't they done building 17s?

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine isn't on there. It shows an 18 Ecoboost and a GT. As well as a couple 17s. Aren't they done building 17s?
those 17's should be just left overs. the 17 build and price site has been taken down when they updated their website a few weeks back.
Sponsored