JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Driving down the highway my check engine light came on. Pulled over, stopped it and restarted and the CEL was still on. Luckily not far from my favorite service department, so I dropper her off and was given a Fiesta to borrow.

Once I have more information, I will update here.

Crossing my fingers it is something simple. I did get gas Monday, but that was 150 miles ago, so that's likely out as a culprit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeffreyDJ

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Yeah, that's definitely 100% it.

OP
OP
JeffreyDJ

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Not that anyone cares, but the official word was "Unable to duplicate the concern."

Said when they pulled it into the bay the only code present was for a battery disconnect and the service engine light was off. The service advisor didn't have the exact code, but said P1000. So, who knows at this point. I guess I either wait for it to come back on, or hopefully it stays off.

OP
OP
JeffreyDJ

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Agreed, glad it was nothing serious. The frustrating part (and only a minor frustration) is no one disconnected the battery, nor has it been tuned. I suppose that means it's "an OBD monitor concern occurred before completion of a drive-cycle." I just don't know why/how that'd happen.

Either way, since I don't have a tuner, I ordered a wireless OBD2 reader from Amazon for $12.99 on a special of the day in case it comes on again and I can read the code myself.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeffreyDJ

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
https://www.amazon.com/Dr-meter-Scanner-Diagnostic-Android-Windows/dp/B075R3ZKB3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508515534&sr=8-1&keywords=Dr.meter+OBD2+Wifi+Car+Code+Scanner%2C+Car+Diagnostic+Code+Reader+Works+with+Most+Models+of+Car+and+APP+for+ios+Android+and+Windows+System

And then use code HSHLH9BA at checkout to get $5 additional off for $12.99 total and no tax (at least in Texas). If a prime member, free shipping as well. I think this only works today, but I ordered mine for a Sunday arrival.
[MENTION=12349]JeffreyDJ[/MENTION] - Nice, I just ordered one and the $5 discount code worked. So what APP are you using on your smartphone with this device?

OP
OP
JeffreyDJ

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I won’t get mine until Sunday but I downloaded the three free ones I mentioned. I’m trying to avoid buying the $9.99 one that has great reviews and hoping those 3 star reviews for the free ones make it worth working around any quirks. If not I’ll get the paid one. When it comes in tomorrow I’ll let you know.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I won’t get mine until Sunday but I downloaded the three free ones I mentioned. I’m trying to avoid buying the $9.99 one that has great reviews and hoping those 3 star reviews for the free ones make it worth working around any quirks. If not I’ll get the paid one. When it comes in tomorrow I’ll let you know.
I didn't see where you mentioned which Apps you might try. I've been looking at them and there are many to choose from. Seems "Torque" and "OBD Auto Doctor" are pretty popular ones. Anxious to hear how it works after you try it out.

There is also a way to read and clear codes right from the dash by going into "Engineering Test Mode" (see video below). The screen shown at time 0:32 with "DTC" in the upper LH corner is the screen that will show any Current or History trouble-codes.

But having the OBDII scanner that will show real time data, etc is also nice to have.

[ame]

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Torque Pro is only $4.95 and gets pretty good reviews. Plus I think it doesn't have ads, etc in the App which is a plus.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

To determine if the App works OK with the OBDII scanner, the ones that are paid for recommend trying out their free version first for compatibility. Torque has a free version too.

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Watch the video in this link (scroll down a bit to see the vidoe), which shows an App called FORScan Lite which is geared towards Ford and Mazda vehicles.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vga...ostic-Interface-Code-Scanner/32314111281.html

FORScan Lite (full functionality) is only $4.61.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.astech.forscanlite&hl=en

Here's the FORScan Demo free app to test for compatibility if interested in buying the full version.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.astech.forscandemo&hl=en

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JeffreyDJ ... did you get your OBD2 port scanner from Amazon, and did you have a chance to try it out?
Sponsored