Sponsored

is there a way to identify which corsa cat-back I have?

mxdave91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt premium w/PP
To clear things up a bit, I have a 2017 gt and I got a good deal on a corsa cat-back that was sitting at a ford dealership. Trouble is, nobody knew which corsa system it was. Is there any way I can tell if I have the sport cat-back or the extreme cat-back? I even called corsa direct, and the woman said that there is no way to distinguish the two on physical appearance:shrug:.
Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
To clear things up a bit, I have a 2017 gt and I got a good deal on a corsa cat-back that was sitting at a ford dealership. Trouble is, nobody knew which corsa system it was. Is there any way I can tell if I have the sport cat-back or the extreme cat-back? I even called corsa direct, and the woman said that there is no way to distinguish the two on physical appearance:shrug:.
If I remember reading correctly. Corsa Extreme = Cat back. Corsa Touring = Axle back.

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
There's the Corsa Sport mufflers and Corsa Touring mufflers.

The Extreme catback setup gets it's name from the double X pipe but it's still the Sport mufflers.

The Corsa Sport catback setup is the touring mufflers with the double X pipe.

So technically there's no extreme mufflers/axle back setup.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I've read this a few places.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How loud is it? That's an easy way to tell.

OP
OP

mxdave91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt premium w/PP
The corsa extreme cat-back is really just the sport mufflers with the double x pipe, and the corsa sport cat-back is really just the touring mufflers with the double x pipe. I have a full cat-back system with the double x pipe, but since both the extreme and sport cat-back utilize the same double x pipe, I have no way of knowing which system I have (sport mufflers or touring mufflers). Everybody says that I can tell by how loud it is, but I've heard that both systems are pretty loud, and seeing how this is the only one I've ever heard, I have nothing to compare it to.

Sponsored

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Post up a video of a cold start up, couple of revs and maybe a drive-by?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The corsa extreme cat-back is really just the sport mufflers with the double x pipe, and the corsa sport cat-back is really just the touring mufflers with the double x pipe. I have a full cat-back system with the double x pipe, but since both the extreme and sport cat-back utilize the same double x pipe, I have no way of knowing which system I have (sport mufflers or touring mufflers). Everybody says that I can tell by how loud it is, but I've heard that both systems are pretty loud, and seeing how this is the only one I've ever heard, I have nothing to compare it to.
Yes, compared to stock, both are loud. The Xtreme is pretty much obnoxious, though, and the volume can really be noticed by the driver under bridges or next to walls/buildings. It also has a very exotic, higher-pitched note, despite being very throaty at low RPM. The Sport is deeper, and maintains a great, rich tone all the way through the revs.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Too bad they don't have the box it shipped in. Did the dealership order it? If so they should have a record of the purchase order.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
A video of cold start and a few revs like rambl3r said will tell us what we need to identify

OP
OP

mxdave91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt premium w/PP
Dealer pulled it off a trade in. I'll try to get some videos up, but I've never posted videos online before, so i'll have to try and learn how. The exhaust is pretty damn loud under bridges/underpasses, and you can also hear it ricocheting off of buildings. That said, it doesn't necessarily seem overbearing in the cab while driving.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer pulled it off a trade in. I'll try to get some videos up, but I've never posted videos online before, so i'll have to try and learn how. The exhaust is pretty damn loud under bridges/underpasses, and you can also hear it ricocheting off of buildings. That said, it doesn't necessarily seem overbearing in the cab while driving.
Corsa's catbacks are the mildest inside of anything I've experienced, particularly for their exterior sound levels. That is not surprising. If you could get some revving/start up video it'd be easy to tell. If you're happy with it, that's what matters most.

OP
OP

mxdave91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt premium w/PP
I'm pretty happy with it, but If I end up liking something else better and selling this system, I just want to make sure that I market it right. Also, I may want to try a different corsa system, but seeing how i'm clueless as to which one I already have, and as my luck would have it, I'll probably end up ordering the same system that I currently have:frusty:.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
A good rule of thumb is if the neighbors hate it they are extremes. ;) If you are going LTH you want the sports. My son has extremes with catless LTH and I swear when he drives by a grave yard bodies pop up to see WTH all the noise is about. They can literally wake the dead.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I believe if you look into the tailpipe/muffler the touring mufflers have a perforated section with fiberglass packing and the sport mufflers do not have the perforated section in the mufflers just the sound cancelation technology.

I may be mistaken though. On my touring mufflers there is the sound cancelation ports and a small perforated section inside the mufflers.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
"I even called corsa direct, and the woman said that there is no way to distinguish the two on physical appearance." That is strange. There should be a way to tell Sport from Extreme unless the only difference is they are the same mufflers and one is a catback and one is an axle back. Then they would be the same.
Sponsored