Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Even at 2700-1500 they aren't worth it IMO. There are plenty of aftermarket solutions that look better and are way cheaper. Yes, they won't have airbags but when life is racecar you die in racecar.
Sponsored

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
The only way to purchase NEW seats from Ford is one piece at a time...they don't offer a complete assembled drop in option, with one rare exception - insurance (theft) or, like some of you may have read - a regular F150 recently delivered to a dealership with one Raptor seat - in that case, ford would build a seat and send it whole. Other than that, build your own. It's expensive. I work in Ford parts, so, out of curiousity, I made an invoice with all required parts and quantities using my VIN for my 2015 Mustang GT with factory Recaro seats.

Are you sitting down?

Out the door, with tax...

$25,426.83

Two Recaro Seats...you could buy a 2015 GT with lower miles than mine for that, or less.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The only way to purchase NEW seats from Ford is one piece at a time...they don't offer a complete assembled drop in option, with one rare exception - insurance (theft) or, like some of you may have read - a regular F150 recently delivered to a dealership with one Raptor seat - in that case, ford would build a seat and send it whole. Other than that, build your own. It's expensive. I work in Ford parts, so, out of curiousity, I made an invoice with all required parts and quantities using my VIN for my 2015 Mustang GT with factory Recaro seats.

Are you sitting down?

$25,426.83

Two Recaro Seats...you could buy a 2015 GT with lower miles than mine for that, or less.
Parts for "new" cars and their retail prices seems like an insurance scamming racket to me. No way is the cost for any of it anywhere near what they are charging.

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L

Are you sitting down?

$25,426.83

:eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:
Curious, is that pricing for cloth or leather? How can they stand by that quote lol :crazy:

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
:eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:
Curious, is that pricing for cloth or leather? How can they stand by that quote lol :crazy:
My car has leather, so, yes... cloth may be a few thousand less. Still probably 18-20K for the cloth version

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Read the thread, nobody can find a link for OE Recaros, the OP wants OE Recaros if they can be sourced. Closest anyone can find is the Ford racing seat.
Which is the OE seat from the OE with just a different logo.

If the Ford Racing seats are sold as a pair, that's not a bad price at all with the mounts. The leather Recaros are a $1600 Premium only option. And a set of standard seats out off a crashed car with the airbags fired were $500 last time I checked. A good set, with airbags intact should be worth twice that.

Personally, I wouldn't get the Recaros in the Premium because you lose the heated and cooled seat functions that you just payed $4k for. But then again, I wouldn't buy a premium anyway.

Last edited:

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
[MENTION=11399]Grintch[/MENTION] #StreetCar wanna look as OEM as possible
You will look plenty OE with aftermarket Recaro Speed or Sport seats. While saving money, weight, and if you want it, gaining headroom (very important if you need to wear a helmet for the track or autocross and are above average height).

I have a set of Evo 8 Recaros (very close to the Speed model) in my car, and everyone thinks they are OE until they sit in them. When they realize something is up because they are ~2" lower than stock, and don't have the stock height adjustment.

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
Read the thread, nobody can find a link for OE Recaros, the OP wants OE Recaros if they can be sourced. Closest anyone can find is the Ford racing seat.
I did jack **s. I was going to say how there's a simple way to get OE Recaro's but because of keyboard jerks like you I have no reason to

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Triggered

Sponsored

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
My factory leather Recaros are very comfortable. No sliding around on track or autocross. I find the Gs auto crossing are ore intense and more often than on track. But you give up power everything with the Recaro option; no power adjustment, lumbar, cooling/heating. They are manually height adjustable but unlike aftermarket Recaros (or at least the ones in my 86), the seat back tilt is not infinitely adjustable. And as mentioned above, the bolsters are not designed for a hefty waist. Regardless, getting in and out requires me to move the seat back as far as possible and then readjust position each time. Still worth it to me.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Love mine but I did have the thought of upgrading to a Carbon Fiber race seat when I go full blown track slut status.

I promised my bud [MENTION=17084]MANDARK[/MENTION] that I would give em my cloth recaro's for a 15 year old bottle of Japanese scotch when the time comes:lol::cheers:

FWIW OP, the cloth units are great if your into motorsports however, I had to go to 5 dealerships trying to find my PP car with Recaro's.

Best of luck:thumbsup:

-Todd

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
You know...if somebody wants leather Recaros badly enough, I'd be willing to trade mine straight up for some power heated/cooled leather seats (any color as long as you swap the rear with me to match) Local only, I live in Houston.

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I did jack **s. I was going to say how there's a simple way to get OE Recaro's but because of keyboard jerks like you I have no reason to
LOL relax pal. You come on a day later saying I was going to say you knew a way to source these... but you didn't. Seems like you should have said it then? Seriously why does everyone take shit so personally? I was pointing out that it was stated. I miss shit that is stated too, and I don't get my panties in a bunch when someone points it out (in fact I think its helpful since I'm hear to learn about the car not pound my chest with what I think I know). Next time I'll check in with my local safe space to make sure that my words won't send you to yours

Last edited:

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
My car has leather, so, yes... cloth may be a few thousand less. Still probably 18-20K for the cloth version
So, in theory, a car could be totaled in you had to replace factory recaros through insurance? Am I understanding this right? Thank you for humoring my curiosity, this pricing just blows my mind.
Sponsored