Sponsored

Detailing Process

RedRaider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
I just washed my car in my driveway tonight and parked it in the garage. I am being picked up and headed out for the night soon. Is it alright to pick right back up detailing the car (clay, polish, wax) tomorrow? It is supposed to be raining here all day and it seems like that would be a productive use of my time.

I am just unsure if that is alright, or if I should only do it as soon as I finish drying the car.
Sponsored

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
give it a waterless wash ,as long as it dont have a lot of dust and other junk u never know

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Should be fine if it's kept in garage. You will have to clay the car in sections anyway and it's best practise to just clean the area using a quick detailer (which I also use for lubrication of clay bar) before you start claying the car.

To be fair you probably don't even need to do that if your garage is clean and if you really must, just do it on the flat horizontal surfaces like hood, roof and trunk.

Good luck. Get comfy! It's a big car and it takes forever to clay, polish and wax!

I currently have a black metallic car. I promised myself I would never buy a black car again. It is clean for all of five mins after I finish washing it and even with 2BM it's a pain in the backside to maintain. Hence I bought a white mustang.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
If your garage is clean and there isn't a layer of dust or something on it just from sitting in there overnight I don't see any reason to have to spray it down again. If anything maybe just wipe it down with a microfiber cloth or use a low pressure blower to just get the dust off.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
23 months?
I think he probably traded in the car by now.........
Sponsored