Sponsored

Any Interest In a Compact Spare for Brembo Equipped Cars?

Would you be interested in a compact spare that clears front and rear Brembo's?

• Total voters

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Same diameter of tire should mean no issue with any diff. But the diameter of an inflated PP tires is larger than the opening in the trunk floor. People have managed to get one in uninflated and planned to pump it up when its needed.

I'm not sure when a smaller diameter becomes an issue. With a clutch diff, obviously any difference in rear wheel diameters will cause clutch wear. But since there are no clutches to wear out with a Torsen I THINK the impact at a steady speed would just be that some parts are slowly rotating rather than standing still. There might only be additional stress (heat production) when accelerating or slowing down. Hopefully an expert will chime in (no Holiday Inn Express customers please).
See my link above on the Torsen diff for an answer straight from a Torsen rep.

Ford already includes the spare on non-PP cars that are equipped with clutch diffs, and that spare is obviously smaller than the factory tires. So it must not be a huge issue.

BUT.

I think the caveat that the Torsen guy included probably applies just as much to the clutch diffs: "Assuming you stay within the limitations of the spare tire, you will not cause any damage."
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Levittown, if you are looking at using some existing wheel, be aware that the thickness of the pad might be an issue. The S197 spare kits from Ford were thinner than some of the road wheels. So thin that even a grain of sand in a factory lug nut might cause the stud to bottom out in it (e.g. not allow proper torquing). Worth checking to make sure the factory lug nuts are deep enough that the stud isn't close to bottoming out in them.

Rubedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Magnetic 5.0 Redline Recaro
I'm in, when can I order?

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
Is the price you quote $ or ÂŁ which ever Ford say that No saver is suitable as it may damage the Differential Why we don't have a Paid option is beyond me
The approximate costs are in U.S dollars. The overall diameter would be within allowable specs not to cause any strain or damage to the differential.

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
Any idea of fright to Australia
Not at this time but there will certainly be options to source the Australian market

Can we get clarification on this? I'd assume that the overall diameter is the same so it won't damage anything ... right Levittown?
That is correct, It may not be spot on but due to the limited compact tire size options but it will be within spec.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
Levittown, if you are looking at using some existing wheel, be aware that the thickness of the pad might be an issue. The S197 spare kits from Ford were thinner than some of the road wheels. So thin that even a grain of sand in a factory lug nut might cause the stud to bottom out in it (e.g. not allow proper torquing). Worth checking to make sure the factory lug nuts are deep enough that the stud isn't close to bottoming out in them.
This would be exclusively manufactured for the 2015+ Mustang

-Benny

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This would be exclusively manufactured for the 2015+ Mustang
Okay. Make sure the center pad is as thick enough so factory studs aren't close to bottoming out in the factory lug nuts.

Last edited:

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/PP
How many people need to be on board to make this happen? Planning on a lot of long multi-state cruises this summer and would love to not have this as a worry.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LevittownFordParts

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
How many people need to be on board to make this happen? Planning on a lot of long multi-state cruises this summer and would love to not have this as a worry.
With the current interest we are more and more confident we will be able to make this happen. There is still research to be done in regards to a tire supplier and logistics.

Thank you,

Benny

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB, Manual, PP, Navi, 201a etc.
Id totally buy one.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I want one now

Sturty91

Threads