Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

DarkKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT
so they were able to swap it out in 3 hrs? for the amount of work involved if they actually did it that quick thats impressive
It was 4 hours-- I'm betting they already had the dash off when they first told me what they found.

Considering how often they said this was happening and hearing about all the other instances here, I'm not surprised they had gotten to be experts in this repair.
Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
i know the dealers are good at removing them by now but 3 hrs seems shady..maybe they just wiped off your dash to fool you..lol

Believe what you want, but my dash was removed and put back because I can TELL it was removed-- they even removed the dust on it in the process!

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
they must have a 3 man team for these things now huh, pump out evap swaps in no time

DarkKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT
i know the dealers are good at removing them by now but 3 hrs seems shady..maybe they just wiped off your dash to fool you..lol

As I said earlier, they had it for 4 hours, and I was the *first* car they saw that day, so, not so shady.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
well, as long as the work order indicates that there's an evap core in there, you're good.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It was 4 hours-- I'm betting they already had the dash off when they first told me what they found.

Considering how often they said this was happening and hearing about all the other instances here, I'm not surprised they had gotten to be experts in this repair.
They probably are experts by now ... like a frickin' NASCAR pit stop team under the stopwatch during AC evaporator replacements.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Out of curiosity, which dealer did you take it to [MENTION=11699]DarkKnight[/MENTION]?

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
so has anyone who had the evap replaced more than 12 months ago NOT had to bring it back? It seems like everyone who starts down this path has had to go back in multiple times.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
If it was that long ago it was prob not the latest revision, hence why its breaks down again

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
so has anyone who had the evap replaced more than 12 months ago NOT had to bring it back? It seems like everyone who starts down this path has had to go back in multiple times.
Ford must be using customer cars in the field for their product "qualification testing" of the A/C evaporator - saves a lot of test lab costs. :headbonk:

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Service Adviser called and said it was the compressor that was leaking so they are replacing that so I guess I will see if the AC holds up after that replacement :shrug:

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
If it was that long ago it was prob not the latest revision, hence why its breaks down again
There have been multiple revisions, and aside from the latest they have all had confirmed failures on the forums. I'm quite sure if we wait long enough, someone will chime in with a failure of the most recent part, and this time next year we will all be talking about another revision.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
Yep. I did not imply that the latest rev of the part is 100% bulletproof. I’m pretty sure it isn’t. If you look far back enough, this has been an ongoing issue even before the S550

DarkKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT
Yep. I did not imply that the latest rev of the part is 100% bulletproof. I’m pretty sure it isn’t. If you look far back enough, this has been an ongoing issue even before the S550

----That makes me all the more contented with the decision to get the extended warranty up to 7 years.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
Mines got 5 years, and it will be gone on or before the day it expires. Can’t decide what’s replacing it yet tho
Sponsored