Sponsored

2018 mustang

Mustang_18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35
Hello people,

I am thinking on pulling the trigger on a 2018 Mustang GT. I have done quiet a bit of research on Mustangs and keep coming across drive shaft vibration issues. I have read many of the post on this topic including the big one in this forum. It sounds to me there is no real fix for it. It's a crap shoot. You either get a good one or a bad one. I read somewhere that the 2018 comes with a new/updated drive shaft. Can anybody confirm this and the more important question, should I go ahead with the purchase? Any Canadians had this issue?

THX:)
Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Luckily my 17 GT has no drive shaft issues. Yet... I'm only at 7100kms.

One common issue is A/C evaporator core. Mine is definitely not blowing very cold air... on hot days 25+ deg i have it set to 5/6 out of 8 on MAX. Even then its mediocre.

All my other cars(which this is my 12th, even my 2002 Ford Taurus blows way colder which my dad still drives today with 220k)

Hopefully it breaks i'm running the AC hard so Ford can fix it under warranty. This evap core is NOT cheap either.

Last edited:

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
I've got the same problem with my A/C as above. Had my A/C recharged in early August after a very hot summer here in B.C. It still blows and not in the good way. They put in the dye in the A/C this past recharge. The wife's Escape is much colder. I still have warranty until next July but will be bringing it back in before then to see if there is any leaking going on. My usual dealer in Maple Ridge is totally incompetent so will be going to a different dealer too.

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
Just had a chat with a buddy last night about his Blue '17.

Driveshaft issue.

85km/h. Tech didn't notice an issue on test drive. Had to do further diagnostic testing with Transmitters.

Ford's suggested fix?

Worm Gear Hose Clamps....to balance it.

Yeah, he opted for a new driveshaft.

To add to the convo.

I've spun mine up to the limiter a bunch of times. No wobble....nothing.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have no issues with my driveshaft.
My cars supercharged aswell.. Still running stock d/s.

Every car has its problems, you can't buy a new car assuming something will be wrong with it.

Majority of Mustang owners don't have any major issues with there cars.
Sponsored