Sponsored

Shifting

17SHLB350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I don't know if anyone else has issued this...there's been a handful of times when shifting in the lower gears (1-3) around 3-4k rpm, there's been a "hesitation" after the shift (feels like im not giving enough gas after the shift) rocking of the car. Makes me feel like a newb! Again, this has only happened a few times, maybe driver error?:shrug:
Sponsored

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
The throttle is probably just less sensitive than you were used to. I definitely have to be more conscious in 1-3rd gear to make sure it isn't harsh, mostly shifting 1-2 with the 3.73 gears. In normal mode I feel I have to exaggerate how much I press the throttle as I release the clutch. In sport mode the throttle is so much more sensitive and it is effortless.

Try giving it slightly more throttle and see if you get the same result.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I've done it a couple of times. Its me being light on the throttle and it starts to act like a bull trying to buck me out of the seat. It is embarrassing and I have to jam the clutch back in.

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
I've done it a couple of times. Its me being light on the throttle and it starts to act like a bull trying to buck me out of the seat. It is embarrassing and I have to jam the clutch back in.
^^^^This^^^^
The more you try to be smooth the worse it is, lol. Drive it like you stole it! I read somewhere that dual plate clutches were more prone to this.

OP
OP

17SHLB350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
You all maybe right. After seeing the post about the difference in the drive modes, I've been driving in sport mode the past few days and don't think I've experienced it. But have been heavier on the throttle. Thanks.
Sponsored