Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
You can not beat A mustang hp per dollar. And no other car has the aftermarket following like the mustang. Period.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I agree with Ford doing the minimum. I'm just looking at the trends over the years. I dont care for Chevy's, never have, i'm just trying to be honest about the performance of the cars. Of course, you could get certain model mustangs that were faster, but at what cost? Cuz how much was the GT500? lol And that's why i say "traditionally" or "tends to", i try not to speak in absolutes. BUT, Dodge has the 6.4L Scat Pack, Chevy has a 6.2L 1LE that you can pick up for around 40k, if not a little less. Ford should do something with a 351 or a larger displacement engine in my opinion and get a 500 HP N/A motor with a good suspension package like the 1LE that uses a Tremec instead of an MT82. Then you'd have yourself a car, as long as it's still at the 40k price point, which should be doable.

I will say though, that in my opinion, when Ford brought back the 5.0 with "throw back" styling, that's when Ford and the other two brought back retro Camaros and Challengers with big engines a big power. Back to the Muscle Car days. So we do have Ford to thank for that!
The Mustang ruled the 80s, Camaro the 90s. 2000s that not a hard one to figure out. Coyote beat the LS3 and L99. You don't ask for much. A 500HP N/A power plant that handles like a gt350 for under 40. You cant get a 1LE for under 40 unless GM is running one of their 20% off sales.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Wrong!
The voodoo makes more power at lower rpm then a coyote I proven this more then I care to keep explaining.
Wrong!? Please explain to me where, in my entire argument, i said "the 5.0 makes more torque down low than the VooDoo". I never said that! I said the VooDoo motor is lacking in Torque down low, which it is. Compare it to a Z\28 Dyno graph, since both have roughly same HP. I then said the 5.0 is lacking in the torque department, which that's true too. Compare the torque of a Mustang vs a Camaro.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
The Mustang ruled the 80s, Camaro the 90s. 2000s that not a hard one to figure out. Coyote beat the LS3 and L99. You don't ask for much. A 500HP N/A power plant that handles like a gt350 for under 40. You cant get a 1LE for under 40 unless GM is running one of their 20% off sales.
I never said "a 500 HP power plant that handles like a GT350". I said "500 HP that handles like the Camaro 1LE". That could be done.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
And i believe a 20% off sale would put this 1LE around 35k with the optional Recaros. Buddy at work didnt get that good a deal, but he picked his up for 39.5k. Had to haggle some, but still got it at that price. It's not that outrageous to get one at that 40k price point, which is what i said.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Plus it doesn't have 500+ hp.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
It doesnt cost 60k either.
You're telling me a ZL1 1LE Isn't 60K? Yeah ok lmao. Nice! For a car you can't even buy yet.
The ZL1 starts at $61140.00

It's not unique either!!
How far you wanna take this?
Because a 17 GT350 starts at under $57k
With that you get:
Unique sheet metal.
Aero.
Brakes.
Interior.
Engine.
Trans.
Diff.
Suspension.
Limited production.
Style.
Performance.
A car people talk about and take notice.
It'll hold a better value than a camaro.
It's still in demand.

Last edited:

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
It's not unique either. How far you wanna take this?
Considering there are 2 GT350's and a GT500 just in my neighborhood alone, I suppose that's up to you. Especially when 2016 GT350 production numbers are about 2519 worldwide with the Camaro 1LE production numbers being 2468 according to a quick search :)

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
You're telling me a ZL1 1LE Isn't 60K? Yeah ok lmao. Nice! For a car you can't even buy yet.
The ZL1 starts at $61140.00

It's not unique either!!
How far you wanna take this?
Because a 17 GT350 starts at $57k
With that you get:
Unique sheet metal.
Aero.
Brakes.
Interior.
Engine.
Trans.
Diff.
Suspension.
Limited production.
Style.
Performance.
A car people talk about and take notice.
It'll hold a better value than a camaro.
It's still in demand.
And that's kind of my point here, you keep quoting things i didnt say to make your argument. I said "Camaro 1E", i never said "Camaro ZL1 1LE". You're kind of reading what you want to read IMO. And you seem to have already known that, since you said "It doesnt have 500+ HP", so clearly you knew i wasnt talking about the ZL1

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Considering there are 2 GT350's and a GT500 just in my neighborhood alone, I suppose that's up to you. Especially when 2016 GT350 production numbers are about 2519 worldwide with the Camaro 1LE production numbers being 2468 according to a quick search :)
Wow 2 gt350s in your neighborhood. You have all of them in your little circle. Sorry slick but your figures are off on both cars.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
And that's kind of my point here, you keep quoting things i didnt say to make your argument. I said "Camaro 1E", i never said "Camaro ZL1 1LE". You're kind of reading what you want to read IMO. And you seem to have already known that, since you said "It doesnt have 500+ HP", so clearly you knew i wasnt talking about the ZL1
Read the thread title.
Here's what gets me about guys like you.
You talk on a thread (this one being ZL1 1le) then you mention so many different cars you can't keep track of. You seem to like the camaro more. Go buy one and be happy.
Besides I quoted bluebeast on his 500na quote. Not yours. Everyone knows the zl1 isn't na. Follow along.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Read the thread title.
I understand that...but read what i'm actually saying and actually comparing. That's all i'm saying.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Read my edit
LMAO, yeah. I'm the one here having a problem following along. Whatever makes you feel better. I'll leave you be with your personal attacks "guys like you". Says a whole lot more about you than it does me.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.