Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
Im betting the new duel injection will be a tuning nightmare. It'll also most likely require a more complex fuel system over stock to run boost. The 6gen Camaro & BMW guys have struggled so far.
The gen 6 camaro guys should have that shit down pat as the corvette guys have had ~2 years to sort it out.

Lowside pump/Z06HPFP and injectors with meth is good for ~1100 on gas, less on E85
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The gen 6 camaro guys should have that shit down pat as the corvette guys have had ~2 years to sort it out.

Lowside pump/Z06HPFP and injectors with meth is good for ~1100 on gas, less on E85
I think it's because the computer is different between the Camaro6 and the C7's..not necessarily the injection situation.

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
I think it's because the computer is different between the Camaro6 and the C7's..not necessarily the injection situation.
Sounds like they just need to go to a better tuner. LMR has made over 900 on a gen 6 so far I think, and that was a while ago. When I had my camaro I was looking at vengeance building me a 850rwhp combination, but ultimately had to trade the car off for a truck.

Hoping to pick up a ZL1 at the end of this year, so that'll be fun.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Its gotta be more than just a computer? Any tuner worth their salt can crack a pcm in 30 seconds.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Funny how you drive a Saab, have 19 posts, and think your opinion matters here. Get back to us once you buy that 'stang..if you even do.

Guys that don't even own Mustangs, dismissing and dissing on current Mustang owners opinions..:crazy:
Why be a dick?

Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I don't see 40 grand as that big of a deal. My car stickered for 39.8 and and it's a run of the mill gt premium. Auto trans with 3.55 gears. New sports cars are expensive now a days.
You're right that this price range is typical now.
Unfortunately, unless this car really surprises everyone with ~475hp or a weight reduction, the competition will still be faster and no longer more expensive.

Personally, I think Ford will hold the line on the price pretty close. They have a good thing going, they've improved their product to keep up and they'll likely want to occupy the same space in the market.

Just my guess...a 2% increase?

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't feel that old, but I remember when a late-80s LX 5.0 Sport had a base price of like $11-12k. Of course that was stripped--no AC, no power windows/locks/seats, AM/FM radio probably not even cassette, cloth seats, bad plastics, no ABS or airbags or traction control, probably drum brakes in the rear.

40k for "just" a Mustang GT is a pretty big mental barrier to me; in my mind, that 40k level still represents "luxury import money" or "Corvette money". I know times have changed, I just wish my salary had kept up.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
You're right that this price range is typical now.
Unfortunately, unless this car really surprises everyone with ~475hp or a weight reduction, the competition will still be faster and no longer more expensive.

Personally, I think Ford will hold the line on the price pretty close. They have a good thing going, they've improved their product to keep up and they'll likely want to occupy the same space in the market.

Just my guess...a 2% increase?
I was looking at a nice 2017 2SS ragtop the other day and the sticker was $51K.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
[ame]

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I don't feel that old, but I remember when a late-80s LX 5.0 Sport had a base price of like $11-12k. Of course that was stripped--no AC, no power windows/locks/seats, AM/FM radio probably not even cassette, cloth seats, bad plastics, no ABS or airbags or traction control, probably drum brakes in the rear.

40k for "just" a Mustang GT is a pretty big mental barrier to me; in my mind, that 40k level still represents "luxury import money" or "Corvette money". I know times have changed, I just wish my salary had kept up.
Funny, I was just recollecting how my first "new" car was almost an 1989 5.0 LX (I didn't like all the fake scoops on the GT). With power windows and AC they were running around $13K. I ended up getting a used MkIII Supra with 30K on it instead for the same price.

Sponsored

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
Funny, I was just recollecting how my first "new" car was almost an 1989 5.0 LX (I didn't like all the fake scoops on the GT). With power windows and AC they were running around $13K. I ended up getting a used MkIII Supra with 30K on it instead for the same price.
My first stang was a nicely equipped '87 LX 5.0 5 speed in medium yellow with cloth interior. That car took down IROC-Zs all day long and I think I only paid $10,700 for it! My '92 GT rang in at about $16K, the '02 GT WAS $25K, and my current '07 GT vert was $35K. I fully expect my '18 GT coupe to be well over $40K. Like the other poster said, it's not a big deal to me as long as I order and get it exactly the way I want it, especially since I don't go around trading cars every year. My problem is I fall in love with what I buy and end up keeping them forever. I guess that's why I have 8 cars in a family of four!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Only just realised that the new 2018 hood accent line kinda looks like the one on the 2015 Saleen hood:
life_2017_16-009_S302BL_06.jpg

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Only just realised that the new 2018 hood accent line kinda looks like the one on the 2015 Saleen hood:
I don't see any resemblance. The Saleen looks way better though. They are more integrated and less of a snap in part.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I don't see any resemblance. The Saleen looks way better though. They are more integrated and less of a snap in part.
He is talking about the body line that forms the cowl on the hood, not the vents. It does look very similar, the only difference is that the 18MY hood isn't at a right angle.