Sponsored

2017 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just put in my order today.

2017 Mustang GT Premium
Grabber Blue
401A
Enhanced Security
GT Performance Pack
Premier Trim
Navigation

Priority Code 19

Got my order code too. Very excited.
Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Rumble, Rumble ....

Ok I've got a 16 350 and my wife's 17 GT premium pp. neither one has any vibration @ any speed. So what is the problem ?
of an American Muscle Car V8 that is the only vibration you will get
Plus the earth shaking when you lay some serious rubber on the pavement. :thumbsup: :lol:

:ford:

Last edited:

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
On order '17, but still looking at '18
Been back and forth on the 17 and 18, left to right, cancelling and re-ordering. Finally sticking with the order for 17. I am a super techie guy, so all the new gizmos were appealing to me on the 18, but not that look. I think the 15-17, are just brawny modern muscle car look. Loved the 15 when I first saw it.

So placed a factory order for a 17 LB GT PP. If the 18 is that much nicer, then I can always trade. If not at least I'll have a 15-17 forever!

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
On that note, I do have a question for the forum. The dealer has been very nice with my flip flopping. So they took my credit card for a $500 deposit to place the order. They haven't charged my card yet, and also we haven't discussed any pricing or such. Just gave them the build printout from the Ford site.

What price do I get the vehicle for? Whatever the deal is at the time of arrival at the dealership. Build says ~$45k on paper. Is that what I will be paying?

No pricing was discussed with the dealer at the time I filled out the credit card form.

Sponsored

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I knew what my car was going to cost, but the incentives and interest rate (knew what my bank was going to give me... as it turned out I got a better rate) were up in the air. They were all nailed down after the car came in and I test drove it.

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
Mine MSRP At 46 got it at 40 but they told me invoice plus what ever offer they had at delivery

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
On that note, I do have a question for the forum. The dealer has been very nice with my flip flopping. So they took my credit card for a $500 deposit to place the order. They haven't charged my card yet, and also we haven't discussed any pricing or such. Just gave them the build printout from the Ford site.

What price do I get the vehicle for? Whatever the deal is at the time of arrival at the dealership. Build says ~$45k on paper. Is that what I will be paying?

No pricing was discussed with the dealer at the time I filled out the credit card form.
As for incentives, you will get whatever they are at time of delivery OR you can take cash-back incentives from the time you ordered the car instead BUT the dealer may have to take steps to lock that option in.

As to what you will pay for the car, that is completely up to the negotiations. Some people pay MORE than the sticker. Some pay many thousands less than the sticker. It all depends on how good you are at making a deal. Placing an order or putting a deposit down BEFORE negotiating a price puts you at a big disadvantage.

Start by researching what the dealer will pay for the car. Since its a special order they won't be selling it for a loss like they might with some undesirable car that's been sitting. Its pretty easy to find the so called invoice price which is about what a dealer that sold one car all year would pay for the car. But the dealer also gets compensated by how many cars they sell, so a dealer that sells a lot of cars, can sell one for less than a dealer that sells a few. Note the word CAN. Negotiations is a little like playing poker and the dealer will only offer as much as think you will take, which is one reason ordering before setting a price is bad for you.

After you have some idea of what the car costs the dealer, add in taxes and maybe a few hundred (at most) for govt paperwork and start with that offer. The offer should be an out-the-door price because that keeps them from springing surprises later on.

The more they are convinced you will walk or go somewhere else, the better their offer will be. After back and forth if you get to a number you are happy with, place the order. You should have that number in mind before you start though and stick to it.

And order brochures for Ford models a month or so before the car arrives. They sometimes include additional $500 or $750 discounts on most Ford models purchased in the next x weeks. Order enough brochures and you will likely get one with the coupon.

Since it sounds like you are new to the game, I think you can get an X-plan price by joining the Mustang Club of America. X-plan is a non-negotiable price for friends of Ford employees. A good negotiator can often beat it but a lot of buyers pay more than that, so something to think about.

Pedal2Metal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2010 Shelby GT500, 2019 Explorer
Have read much discussion on whether to buy '17 or wait for improvements on '18. Since mine is
to be a daily driver, figured color would be important..and already heard Grabber Blue would
not be available at start of MY2018. I had 2011 Grabber Blue and got more compliments on that
car (color) than any other I have owned. So, I ordered my car on 2/27/17. Dealer said they tell
their Mustang customers to expect 8 week delivery...but...some had been delivered in as few as
6 weeks. Dealer told me to return in a couple weeks and they could probably give me some idea
as to production date and possible delivery time frame.
Well, dropped in the dealer yesterday afternoon for my "update". Much to my surprise, car was
built 3/21/17; turned over to rail depot Wednesday; left rail depot yesterday and on it's way!
Guess the delivery date will be determined by how long it sits at railyard waiting to be loaded on
delivery truck. Could possibly be the quickest "ordered" car for me, ever.
Oh, there were $2700 in incentives at the time I ordered. Dealer guaranteed these even if they
had expired when car arrived. And, guaranteed (in contract) that if incintives have increased
when car arrives...will apply those. Sounded like a win/win situation.
For those of you who have already ordered...or those thinking...this might help you to overcome
your anxiety.

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Have read much discussion on whether to buy '17 or wait for improvements on '18. Since mine is
to be a daily driver, figured color would be important..and already heard Grabber Blue would
not be available at start of MY2018. I had 2011 Grabber Blue and got more compliments on that
car (color) than any other I have owned. So, I ordered my car on 2/27/17. Dealer said they tell
their Mustang customers to expect 8 week delivery...but...some had been delivered in as few as
6 weeks. Dealer told me to return in a couple weeks and they could probably give me some idea
as to production date and possible delivery time frame.
Well, dropped in the dealer yesterday afternoon for my "update". Much to my surprise, car was
built 3/21/17; turned over to rail depot Wednesday; left rail depot yesterday and on it's way!
Guess the delivery date will be determined by how long it sits at railyard waiting to be loaded on
delivery truck. Could possibly be the quickest "ordered" car for me, ever.
Oh, there were $2700 in incentives at the time I ordered. Dealer guaranteed these even if they
had expired when car arrived. And, guaranteed (in contract) that if incintives have increased
when car arrives...will apply those. Sounded like a win/win situation.
For those of you who have already ordered...or those thinking...this might help you to overcome
your anxiety.
Depending on how far your rail yard is from the dealer you could convince them to go grab it without waiting for a delivery truck. I know back when I sold cars I went and picked up customer cars at the yard and saved a week or two.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My dealer told me they would beat invoice and not to worry. Good they know that because I mentioned the 2018 Mustang and they want a guaranteed easy sale. MSRP was around 44k. Going to see if I can pull 37k or maybe less with incentives and I'd be thrilled. 38k I'd be okay with both being before TTL.

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
My dealer told me they would beat invoice and not to worry. Good they know that because I mentioned the 2018 Mustang and they want a guaranteed easy sale. MSRP was around 44k. Going to see if I can pull 37k or maybe less with incentives and I'd be thrilled. 38k I'd be okay with both being before TTL.
$44k on the build MSRP? Mine was $45K.

You really think they will get it in the high $30k?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
$44k on the build MSRP? Mine was $45K.

You really think they will get it in the high $30k?
Yes.

MSRP $44,470.

I'm positive they will or I walk.

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
Looks like same incentives for the period of 4/4/17 to 7/1/17 from Ford.
Sponsored