Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Ok but I find that strange. I have been able to change the blinking amount on all my other cars (BMW, VW) using vagcom and mycarly. Seems like this would be the same as all the other parameters being changed by forscan but I really don't know. Thanks for the feedback. I guess touch to lock honk is a no go to. Damn.
Is there another market where Ford sells this car (or other cars that may use the same subsystems) where the number of blinks for a half-press of the stalk is different from the three we get in the U.S.?

If so, then it may be possible that it's something you can change with a simple As-Built mod. That is what the As-Built is for - they're configuration parameters for all the various uses of the same modules and software across different markets and trim levels.

If not, then it likely will require modifications to the firmware of one or more of your modules, which is beyond the scope of this thread. FORScan is not capable of making software changes and even if it could, you're likely to find that many niche features like the one you're requesting will go unfilled simply because the time to develop them would vastly outweigh the reward.

The software itself is an order of magnitude more complex to program than the settings the software relies on (a.k.a. As-Built) which Ford makes easy to change so replacement modules can be quickly setup for your car during warranty service. It's also likely encrypted. This is why you pay money to have your car tuned (firmware change) instead of doing it yourself for free.
Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Ok I found the axle change code. I had 3.55 and put in 3.15. Now if I change the tire size (305/35/20) according to the spread sheet this is the change. Do I enter it and hit write all if no other changes? My speedo is off 5 mph at 80.
2017-03-15 (11)_LI.jpg

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you could just write the 726-12 block.
Thats all I want to change. There is not a write on that line so I assume my only option is write all at the bottom

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Thats all I want to change. There is not a write on that line so I assume my only option is write all at the bottom
The write button is just below the 5500 in your image.

The individual block write buttons write everything between the horizontal lines that contain that particular write button.

Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THANK YOU! Now I see.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Ok I found the axle change code. I had 3.55 and put in 3.15. Now if I change the tire size (305/35/20) according to the spread sheet this is the change. Do I enter it and hit write all if no other changes? My speedo is off 5 mph at 80.
Change your axle ratio first, drive the car and measure your speedo against GPS, then make any necessary changes to the tire size section.

Both the axle ratio and the tire size affect your speedometer output.

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
Is there a way to disable all outside lighting when unlocking the car or opening the doors while still having the dome lights operate like normal?

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
The write button is just below the 5500 in your image.

The individual block write buttons write everything between the horizontal lines that contain that particular write button.
when i do this i get an error " invalid..... are you sure you wanna do this" what am i doing wrong?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
when i do this i get an error " invalid..... are you sure you wanna do this" what am i doing wrong?
The last Bytes are a checksum which will be wrong, but automatically adjusted.

The incorrect checksum throws that "invalid" message. If you allow it to continue you will notice that the checksum changes after the write event.

Sponsored

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok.. i am trying to change my tire size.. i only need to change part of the line and kept getting that error..... so its normal? i dont wanna mess it up..lol

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Is there anyone around Ohio that has the ability and willing to change As-Built for me?
Figures, I was in Columbus Monday and Tuesday for a conference and had my OBDlink and everything haha. I am in Cleveland if you want to have something done.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Figures, I was in Columbus Monday and Tuesday for a conference and had my OBDlink and everything haha. I am in Cleveland if you want to have something done.
Thanks for the offer! I ended buying a modified elm32 unit, so I'll be able to do the couple things I need done.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last Bytes are a checksum which will be wrong, but automatically adjusted.

The incorrect checksum throws that "invalid" message. If you allow it to continue you will notice that the checksum changes after the write event.
worked great..... thanks!!
Sponsored