OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I have one with cat delete, it's pretty dronish but in a cool way. Videos probably wouldn't do it jistice.
Hmmm I'm guessing with resonator and cats still installed it'd prolly be toned down a fair bit.
Sponsored

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Have you guys heard videos or in person. I've heard both and had muffler deletes. There's almost no difference at all. Not even sure how you would expect a difference considering it's just a bullet style muffler. Now I have a cutout so best of both worlds. Quiet as stock closed and nice and loud with it open.

I rather just spend $80-100 on a muffler delete instead of 400+ on an outlaw system. But to each their own

Last edited:

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Muffler delete did not sound good to me either. I purchased the MF mufflers/tips and had a shop weld them.

Magnaflow mufflers and tips: SummitRacing.com: Magnaflow #10415 ; Tips: #SUM-690032. Total cost: $200. Cost to install: 150 (tip included): $350 total. I left the resonator after speaking to a Ford tech who recommended I not delete for warranty purposes (if I took the car to them). The mufflers sound great, exactly what I wanted. BUT, if I had it all over to do again, I would leave the mufflers stock. Shop who performed the job: Fast Lane Performance Muffler, 12409 Crain Hwy, Brandywine, MD 20613, 301-782-3737

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muffler delete did not sound good to me either. I purchased the MF mufflers/tips and had a shop weld them.

Magnaflow mufflers and tips: SummitRacing.com: Magnaflow #10415 ; Tips: #SUM-690032. Total cost: $200. Cost to install: 150 (tip included): $350 total. I left the resonator after speaking to a Ford tech who recommended I not delete for warranty purposes (if I took the car to them). The mufflers sound great, exactly what I wanted. BUT, if I had it all over to do again, I would leave the mufflers stock. Shop who performed the job: Fast Lane Performance Muffler, 12409 Crain Hwy, Brandywine, MD 20613, 301-782-3737
Curious, why would you have not done any exhaust? That's my biggest complaint about the ecoboost haha.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Curious, why would you have not done any exhaust? That's my biggest complaint about the ecoboost haha.
I love the way it sounds... and I go back and forth on the mufflers (some days I love it, some not so much).

My reasons are....

It is a vert... can get loud at times.

I would have pushed more toward the turbo sound, if I had it all over to do again.

It is not a V8 (I know, please don't burn me)... my car sounds great until I pull up to a V8... then it sounds like it is trying too hard. (Don't get me started on that damn CAI that comes with the FP tune :D)

After hearing some other "sports cars" I realize there are all kinds... loud noise pollution does not have to define "my" experience. With that said, yes, it is a Mustang and that is what most expect.

I love the sounds my car make... with the FP tune (CAI), it sounds like a turbo with just enough sound in the cabin. My female friends seem to love it... so that is all that matters. This past weekend this lady said how she loved the hissing sound... no one ever said that before... so there you go.

Sponsored

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
I love the way it sounds... and I go back and forth on the mufflers (some days I love it, some not so much).

My reasons are....

It is a vert... can get loud at times.

I would have pushed more toward the turbo sound, if I had it all over to do again.

It is not a V8 (I know, please don't burn me)... my car sounds great until I pull up to a V8... then it sounds like it is trying too hard. (Don't get me started on that damn CAI that comes with the FP tune :D)

After hearing some other "sports cars" I realize there are all kinds... loud noise pollution does not have to define "my" experience. With that said, yes, it is a Mustang and that is what most expect.

I love the sounds my car make... with the FP tune (CAI), it sounds like a turbo with just enough sound in the cabin. My female friends seem to love it... so that is all that matters. This past weekend this lady said how she loved the hissing sound... no one ever said that before... so there you go.

Same here.... Some days I want loud and some I don't. Catless downpipe with a cutout with stock exhaust and love it. Sounds stock with a hint of more turbo whistle when closed. With it open nice and loud with ALOT of turbo whistle lol. Only thing I did was cut off the stock tips on the stock mufflers and put 4" ones.

iEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost Performance Pack
I ran the outlaw axle-back for awhile, loved the deep tone and occasional pops and crackle. It was still quiet for me so I installed the flowmaster y-pipe resonator delete. Tone sounded the same with the deepness, however volume and crackliness increased slightly. Now I run the outlaw catback with a 3" catless downpipe and I released a hive of bees, super loud, super obnoxious, yes it drones. If loud isn't for you then Axlebacks only would be good. If you want to be mildly louder, go for the catback.

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ran the outlaw axle-back for awhile, loved the deep tone and occasional pops and crackle. It was still quiet for me so I installed the flowmaster y-pipe resonator delete. Tone sounded the same with the deepness, however volume and crackliness increased slightly. Now I run the outlaw catback with a 3" catless downpipe and I released a hive of bees, super loud, super obnoxious, yes it drones. If loud isn't for you then Axlebacks only would be good. If you want to be mildly louder, go for the catback.
Haha your videos are one of the reasons I even thought about this exhaust! I actually seen them before I even got the ecoboost.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Agreed.
If you don't mind me asking what are you running?
I'm running MBRP Race with catless downpipe. It's not that loud and has a deep tone on idle and lower RPMs

PS Don't trust videos on youtube too much. They make exhausts sound raspier on the EB

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm running MBRP Race with catless downpipe. It's not that loud and has a deep tone on idle and lower RPMs

PS Don't trust videos on youtube too much. They make exhausts sound raspier on the EB
I definitely agree, videos make exhaust comparisons a complete pain. It never captures any of the sound you ACTUALLY want to hear haha.

Here's a video of them compared and the owners kinda bantering back and forth about the difference.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]MOqtmjxIyCY[/MEDIA]"]

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grrr so close to just saying screw it and picking up the outlaws. So hard to choose!

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I said F**k it. Bought the outlaws!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Same here.... Some days I want loud and some I don't. Catless downpipe with a cutout with stock exhaust and love it. Sounds stock with a hint of more turbo whistle when closed. With it open nice and loud with ALOT of turbo whistle lol. Only thing I did was cut off the stock tips on the stock mufflers and put 4" ones.
Would it be possible to get a video of the cutout open vs closed? I'm curious to hear the difference.

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You won't regret it! Also great exhaust cuz if it's too quiet you can buy the y-pipe and it'll fit right on.
Trust me...Already eyeing it just incase!
Sponsored