Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
I went ahead and put in a sizable (by me) bid on some ford stock tonight.
I may lose some from this but I think the upside is better than the down, long term.
Good time to buy for any of those who were forced into putting money into an ira.;)

It does offer a 5%+ yield in the meantime.....
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
There is/was a debate here about whether Ford designed a street legal race car or a street car that can be brought to the track.

Any way, I just got done with the GT350 Track Attack this week, which was obviously awesome! I found it interesting that the lead instructor for the day and few other ones throughout the day said flat out that we are driving "race cars." That Ford designed the GT350 to be that way and added blinkers and headlights to make them street legal.

Like I said, I thought it was interesting in regards to this overall discussion.
It's their job to make it exciting. They aren't Ford PR and they don't even actually work for Ford, so...

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
agree with lemers and murdock 2112. ..However, I'll admit I did do what research I could in advance and still went with the tech pack offering, which they said was "most" of the Track pack.
Who is "they"?

I've also since gone into limp mode twice on the street. Its dangerous, never mind embarrassing.
Doing what on the street? Tell me you're hooning it on some canyon roads and I believe you. Tell me it does it in traffic, I'll say bring it to the dealer. Tell me that all or even a large number Tech packs overheat on the street, I'll call BS. I hope people aren't starting to make this stuff up...and if they do, I hope they realize that Ford will be able to discredit it when they connect up to your car.

All I want now is a reasonable solution from Ford, even if its a few more bucks, and that doesn't result in weird noises, devalue the car, or void the warranty.
I hope that for you, too. We've always had a lot of Ford "extras" available through Ford Performance. This one will obviously be in high-demand, regardless of who is perceived to be at fault. They've already developed the kit - I think the only thing left is to offer a warranty with it, which makes sense to me.

GT 350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350, 2008 Shelby GT/SC convertible
agree with lemers and murdock 2112. ..However, I'll admit I did do what research I could in advance and still went with the tech pack offering, which they said was "most" of the Track pack. Nobody with automotive and track expertise that I consulted with believed the tech pack car wouldn't be capable of handling one or two track school weekends a year for a novice like myself.

My first and only weekend at VIR I couldn't complete one 20 min session without going into limp mode, and I am well aware of the importance of not using the engine/downshifting for braking etc.. I've also since gone into limp mode twice on the street. Its dangerous, never mind embarrassing.

And so, fine, I am willing pay for cooling mods, but where are the obvious solutions?? Some promising DIY posts in this forum suggest possible solutions, but there are no doubt several of us out here without the time or expertise to pull off any of these mods ourselves. Ford has now made the track mods standard, an indirect acknowledgement it was a mistake to offer versions of these street legal 'race cars' without reasonable temperature control.

All I want now is a reasonable solution from Ford, even if its a few more bucks, and that doesn't result in weird noises, devalue the car, or void the warranty.
This pretty well sums it up. I bought my car Nov 2015 (a 2015 model) and at no time was anything mentioned or discussed that indicated I might need a tranny/rea end cooler or a cooling package for the track. It was never mentioned in the Shelby brochure or the Mustang brochure.

So, the issue now is, Ford placed a caveat in their Shelby owner's manual supplement that indicated a transmission cooler or whatever verbiage they used, was recommended for the track if you had a Tech car. Well, isn't that just wonderful. I've been purchasing new cars for over 40 years and have never been given the owner's manual to read before a purchase. Absolutely moronic and not a defense for the Motor Company. If this was the best track car ever, the particulars regarding tracking the car should have been fully disclosed and discussed with potential buyers.

If it was so important to have these coolers, why hasn't Ford stepped up to the plate and offered a cooling package solution. There are no aftermarket cooling kits for these cars and I for one am not going to have someone try and cobble one together for me. I've now learned that a cooling package for the rear end is pretty much non existent due to the wiring and computer controls for the car.

Ford, you need to offer a solution...and soon. These cars going into limp mode on the street and at the track which is a liability for you, but more importantly, to the owners or drivers of these cars.

Why Ford would have two separate transmissions in the same car for the same engine is utterly moronic. I can't believe that the Track Pak transmission and rear end cooling package would have added more than $1500 to $2000 retail to the price of a Tech car.

Damn Ford, let's move on this now.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
This pretty well sums it up. I bought my car Nov 2015 (a 2015 model) and at no time was anything mentioned or discussed that indicated I might need tranny cooler for the track. Not in the Shelby brochure or the Mustang brochure.

So, the issue now is, Ford placed a caveat in their Shelby owner's manual supplement that indicated a transmission cooler or whatever verbiage they used, was recommended for the track if you had a Tech car. Well, isn't that just wonderful. I've been purchasing new cars for over 40 years and have never been given the owner's manual to read before a purchase. Absolutely moronic and not a defense for the Motor Company. If this was the best track car ever, the particulars regarding tracking the car should have been fully disclosed and discussed with potential buyers.

If it was so important to have these coolers, why hasn't Ford stepped up to the plate and offered a cooling package solution. There are no aftermarket kits for these cars and I for one am not going to have someone try and cobble one together for me.

Ford, you need to offer a solution...and soon. These cars going into limp mode on the street and at the track is a liability for you, but more importantly, to the owners of these cars.

Why Ford would have two separate transmissions in the same car for the same engine is utterly moronic. I can't believe that the Track Pak transmission and rear end cooling package would have added more than $1500 to $2000 retail to the price of a Tech car.

Wrong.
It was published before the order banks even opened. I have a October 2015 GT350 track pack. I ordered mine in June 2015. All the info was available at that time.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
This pretty well sums it up. I bought my car Nov 2015 (a 2015 model) and at no time was anything mentioned or discussed that indicated I might need a tranny/rea end cooler or a cooling package for the track. It was never mentioned in the Shelby brochure or the Mustang brochure.

If it was so important to have these coolers, why hasn't Ford stepped up to the plate and offered a cooling package solution. There are no aftermarket cooling kits for these cars and I for one am not going to have someone try and cobble one together for me. I've now learned that a cooling package for the rear end is pretty much non existent due to the wiring and computer controls for the car.

Ford, you need to offer a solution...and soon. These cars going into limp mode on the street and at the track which is a liability for you, but more importantly, to the owners or drivers of these cars.

Everyone ignores facts that don't support their opinion. Dealer literature did specify that there were different cars for different performance demands.

After this, in a way, I hope Ford just stops making cool cars.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone ignores facts that don't support their opinion. Dealer literature did specify that there were different cars for different performance demands.

After this, in a way, I hope Ford just stops making cool cars.
Its not aboit making cool cars.

Its about being more honest and up from.

There was NO information from Ford about limp mode and how it affects different trims.

There was no expectation of the limiter because other mistangs dont have it.

Ford talked about all these great capabilities on and off the track the arent really availible to me.

If Ford new heat this much more of an issue then the Mustang GT then ford could had addressed it in otherways besides being lazy and throwing a limp mode on it.

Ford could had gone with a 53K base price or different transmission.

Finally; how will all you factory coolers feel that at 61000 miles your transmissions start to fail because of added wear and tear due to the trans fluid not being warm enough?

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
What exactly happens when the car goes into limp mode? I hope nobody gets hurt because of limp mode. I was sold the incorrect size tires for my Frontier. A few days later, I lost all power on the busy I-10 Freeway, and BARELY made it to the side of the road without getting plowed over by a Semi Truck. The power loss was due to traction control, and the incorrect size of the new tires. If limp mode is in any way a safety concern, I think Ford has dropped the ball twice, one time for not installing the coolers on every car, and two for not coming up with a solution FAST. They have admitted their guilt by adding coolers to all of the new cars.....

If all the literature BEFORE the car came out, read, without the Track Pack, you will not be able to drive your car on the track for more than 10 minutes or on the road if the ambient air temp is above 90 degrees, and you will get passed by old ladies in their Buicks....would you have still bought your Base or Tech car? Of course not.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Now we have uninformed non-buyers exadurrating and making things up. Fantastic. While it might be true for a few who actually want to track their cars, imo, the majority are just sore that all of the options were added in 17 and they want that same value.

This thread is exhausting. I hope you guys have the option to buy the coolers and have a warranty. The original car was cheaper for a reason and asking for this option upgrade for free is rediculous, IMO. If it does come for free, better give TP owners Sync and should give at owners a refund of some kind - because personally, I wanted Sync but I knew better than to get the tech..I would have likely bought a track if both options were available.

I'm out.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
It does offer a 5%+ yield in the meantime.....
I bought Ford stock when it was under a $1. Can't complain. :ford:

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Now we have uninformed non-buyers exadurrating and making things up. Fantastic. While it might be true for a few who actually want to track their cars, imo, the majority are just sore that all of the options were added in 17 and they want that same value.

This thread is exhausting. I hope you guys have the option to buy the coolers and have a warranty. The original car was cheaper for a reason and asking for this option upgrade for free is rediculous, IMO. If it does come for free, better give TP owners Sync and should give at owners a refund of some kind - because personally, I wanted Sync but I knew better than to get the tech..I would have likely bought a track if both options were available.

I'm out.
And if your sterio went into reduced power mode after 10 mins id agree with you that ford should give you a new sterio that worked.

I wouldnt make statements of " well they had a tech package for a reason" or "you should have kbown better than to play your sterio too loud"

Stop conparing apples to oranges

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
This thread topic is getting so out of hand and old it's ridiculous. Seriously tech and base owners have been complaining about this for over 2.5 years. Face it. Ford is not going to help you. The options were made public before the cars even went into production.
You can say ford is at fault for not putting coolers on all GT350's and I agree with that. But you also can not blame ford for your choice or options.
If you bought a Ford F-150,250,350 truck and knew you were going to use it for towing and didn't want to check the tow option box and bought the truck anyhow, you can't blame ford because the trans temps are sky high while towing.
They called them Base, Tech and Track packs for a reason.
I believe some buyers were so mind set on getting a GT350 they failed to read the options and just wanted the NAV radio and heated/cooled seats.
If ford gives the tech base buyers a freebie or deep discounted trans/cooler fix how many track pack owners will get a refund or discount on a sync NAV radio?
No thanks I'll pass.

Did any of you not see this in mid 2015?
https://lmr.com/products/2016-Shelby-gt350-options-specs

Heretoford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/tech
as others have mentioned, if you haven't gone through the process of purchasing a GT350, especially during 2015-2016, you probably don't really know what info was actually available, how it was available and when. From my own experience, I am fairly certain most dealers, and most sales people at those dealers, were also not knowledgeable about critical subtleties between track and tech during the first year and half.

In my case, nobody handed me a supplemental manual to read in advance that said I likely wouldn't be able to drive on around a track or even spiritedly in the street without risking limp mode. That just never happened and was definitely never conveyed in the available literature and reviews at the time.

The first time I went to a dealer in early 2016 to look at the one gt350 in the showroom I wasn't even able to open the car door, let alone test drive. The salespeople were more clueless than I was.

I researched what I could and nowhere in early 2016 did I ever find any info even in he blogesphere warning that a novice track day or spirited street driving would run the risk of limp mode. That just wasn't the massaging at that time. I vaguely knew the track pack was more 'track capable', but unaware the tech pack was completely track incapable.

The base and tech gt350 should have been able to handle a rare novice track day or spirited street driving, but in many cases they've proven they can't. Its frankly dangerous.

Ford could offer a reasonable solution that most of us would be willing to pay for, but they haven't -- and that's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.