Sponsored

Corsa xtreme sagging

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Agreed. They should send you new clamps. In the meantime I would consider picking up some stainless ones from Summit Racing. Its possible the ones you have got yielded and now will not spring back and retain tightness because of the plastic deformation. That or the nuts on these are bad.
Bmac throwing out those engineering terms :eyebulge:
Sponsored

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
Agreed. They should send you new clamps. In the meantime I would consider picking up some stainless ones from Summit Racing. Its possible the ones you have got yielded and now will not spring back and retain tightness because of the plastic deformation. That or the nuts on these are bad.
Corsa hasn't answered the phone or called me back, so I don't see new clamps from Corsa in my future.

Guess I'll take it upon myself to fix Corsa's issue. :shrug:

FusionGT

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP / Jeep TJ
After I installed my Corsa Sport catback, I noticed I had one muffler box sitting lower than the other. All the pipework was neatly aligned, and everything was as tight as I dared go without crushing the pipework.

I pulled the mufflers off and noticed the rear hanger was at a different angle on each muffler box, hence the difference in how low they sat once installed. I ended up using some heat and slid a long piece of pipe over the rear hanger to give me adequate leverage to bend it so that they both matched up. I wanted the exhaust to be as tucked up and flush as possible, so I made them both mufflers tuck under the car as much as I could by making the angle pretty acute.

If you haven't done already, check the angle of your rear hangers on each Corsa muffler. If they are different, have the shop bend them to the correct angle.
Thanks for the idea. I have the same issue with my ARH setup on the drivers side as well. I use floor jacks to have everything nice and lined up before tightening down and it just eventually goes back to sagging. Such an eyesore. I'll try this and report back. Thought I was the only one having this issue.

OP
OP

5.0_Tyler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yes I thought i was the only one having this issue also. I made it a habit to check corsa fitment at carmeets now to see if im the only one ahving the issue. Ill check to see if the clamps are easy to tighten again, and if so then that is the issue.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
If it's moving around it's not tight enough sometimes you may need to readjust and check after like the first week but normally we don't have an issue with any of the exhaust sagging if they're done right the first time

Sponsored

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
I bought a Vibrant clamp and it hasn't moved in almost a month.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
If it's moving around it's not tight enough sometimes you may need to readjust and check after like the first week but normally we don't have an issue with any of the exhaust sagging if they're done right the first time
Correct, I torqued mine during install and went back a week or so later and re-tightened. No movement since.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Both of my hanger mounts just behind the diff were loose. This was causing a vibration and odd noise on cold start up and take off. Tightened both and the issues have gone away.

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
Mine has been tightened correctly. It's not lasting a week, it lasts a DAY. every night after work I have to realign it and tight n it again

SteveTheStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue LE #825 AT PP
Torque is supposed to be at 45lbs. I remember installing mine and tightening and tightening until finally at 45 lbs on Torque wrench.

My system hasn't moved and I have put 15,000 km's on since Corsa Sport Cat Back

Sponsored

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
I've tightened to 45 and beyond. This is not related to clamp tightness, trust me.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I also have this problem, but I have the Stainless Works exhaust. I believe it is the hangers also. I have ovaled the pipe a bit tightening it so much and they still sag. I think I'll have a shop work on the hangers.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I've tightened to 45 and beyond. This is not related to clamp tightness, trust me.
I tightened mine down to 45 ft-lbs with jacks under the mufflers to hold everything in place. The passenger side dropped about 1/4" when I removed the jacks, but the driver side dropped about 1/2". Next weekend I'll take them off and check the hangers.

I have to say, this is one area that Borla had it right. My Borla touring cat-back sat perfect, even when I just ran the mufflers with stock resonator. I wonder if it has to do with the Corsa mufflers having both hangers with the coupling point ahead of the front hanger and Borla having just the rear hanger with the front hanger still being a part of the midpipe?

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
My son's and my Corsa cat backs have had no problems at all. Fit and finish are perfect.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
I'm going to check mine and will report back I've put about 1000 miles on my cosa quad xtremes
Sponsored