2019 GT500 Mule? Front Gills/Louvers

Bigfoot53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
C7 Stingray Z51/past rides: Jaguar XKR/AMG C-63 Edition 507
I'm with Slow Shelby on this, with the GT350 for another year it would seem plausible/likely to follow it with the 500 in 2018. Like the gang here, I'm very interested in what the "500" will be, but we may just have to wait.
Sponsored

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
Once the 2015 GT350 was slightly delayed, it allowed Ford to extend the old GT350 into 2018 to fulfill the 10,000 or so non-PDI Voodoo engines.
This implies that an updated PDI Voodoo will be available at some point. Any insight? I would lov an updated PDI Voodoo with more torque and horses.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Surely Ford must have GT350 mules running around with Direct injected 5.2 liter Voodoo engines. The question is, how much more horsepower and torque does the DI engine have over the current voodoo engine ? I say about 30 more to make 560 horsepower. It would make for a nice 2019 GT350.

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
Surely Ford must have GT350 mules running around with Direct injected 5.2 liter Voodoo engines. The question is, how much more horsepower and torque does the DI engine have over the current voodoo engine ? I say about 30 more to make 560 horsepower. It would make for a nice 2019 GT350.
Let's hope :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Okay Folks.. TT 5.0 is back on the table. This is what I was told tonight. They are going to start releasing info on the new GT500 sometime in June. They've had oil consumption issues and a few other issues at the beginning but they are working on it. What sparked this? The demon.

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Okay Folks.. TT 5.0 is back on the table. This is what I was told tonight. They are going to start releasing info on the new GT500 sometime in June. They've had oil consumption issues and a few other issues at the beginning but they are working on it. What sparked this? The demon.
I hope you are right! It's about time!! Getting tired of hearing about the Demon already.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I bet it comes as a supercharged car still.
Wouldn't surprise me! I'm still hoping for the TT! With all the Eccoboost technology it only makes sense! It would also set it apart from the Demon/ZL1!
Maybe it's taking this long due to the TT? Wouldn't be that hard to do a supercharged version I think. Whatever it is I hope it's special enough to justify the cash and the wait!!

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Its far to late in design/production to try and compete with the Demon. Honestly I dont even want Ford to try and compete with that one trick poney. Demon is nothing special its the most over hyped car ever. Crazy limited production on a one year timeline. Just make a GT500 better than the ZL1. And that will be a f'ing challenge. That Zl1 is fantastic.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I hope you're right :thumbsup:

Its far to late in design/production to try and compete with the Demon. Honestly I dont even want Ford to try and compete with that one trick poney. Demon is nothing special its the most over hyped car ever. Crazy limited production on a one year timeline. Just make a GT500 better than the ZL1. And that will be a f'ing challenge. That Zl1 is fantastic.
Whilst I agree with you in that I want Ford to go after and beat the ZL1 (as it's a brilliant all-rounder) I do believe the Demon deserves the plaudits its getting. Sure, it's a one trick pony, but Dodge have gone balls-out to make it the best at what it does (i.e. on the drag strip). I applaud them for that, even if it's not a car I desire to own.

Now, as for TT or supercharged. Can we have one of each please, Ford? :ford:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Would be nice to have different packages, as different as motors and FI!
I'd go after the best handling.... so probably the lower HP model.

It's a pipe dream tho. We know ford is only going after the ZL1. It will beat it...Maybe that's what's taking so long...getting it there.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Oil consumption is lesser than Voodoo was for certain but the Turbos surely weren't helping. Whatever is in Arizona is the final product doing Hot Weather testing and probably elevation testing (Colorado).

I think Ford is going with a LARGER DISPLACEMENT and I think that was always an option.

Initially it wasn't suppose to go over 5.5 but that was for IMSA PRO duty. Silver was benched and I believe displacement restrictions could go away.

5.8? Can the Coyote do a 5.8?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Won't be hard to beat the ZL1... use the GT350R, lighten it up a hair and add more power and boom!... ZL1 killer.