Sponsored

Comprehensive Airlift P Install (Pictures Lost)

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Huh. I remember measuring 26" across against the rear of the well. And they have a 24" tank. Does that sound right?

I will second that be sure and map out the fittings you think you'll need for the set-up. Fortunately, Bag Riders had everything I needed and/or Amazon. There were a few orders to get everything I needed (I changed some things once I got it all into the trunk). If you end up with the Air Lift kit, I would highly recommend changing out the check valve that comes on the ViAir compressor. They're known to take a crap frequently.

I ran my power straight to the battery and the switched power is off the fuel pump wiring under the rear seat. It's kind of funny that way because as soon as I hit the clutch pedal everything comes on. Might want to reconsider that.
They might have one that fits. I did not really research their tanks as I did not find out about them until after I had already installed mine.

Most of the pics I see online of their tanks appear to be pretty long. I also noticed with some tanks the shorter in length the fatter they get.

You should switch your turn on lead. Most use the same fuse under the fuse box in the engine compartment. Jmeo pic shows the one most everyone uses.
Sponsored

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yeah. They may sit too high. There's not much room under the cover for it. I want to say it was between five and six inches under there. Which was another reason for SS tank. It was the lowest sitting tank I could find.

Maybe I'll switch the lead when I get the car back from the hospital next month. But man, that's a lot of work and I'm lazy!

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Yeah. They may sit too high. There's not much room under the cover for it. I want to say it was between five and six inches under there. Which was another reason for SS tank. It was the lowest sitting tank I could find.

Maybe I'll switch the lead when I get the car back from the hospital next month. But man, that's a lot of work and I'm lazy!
Hospital? What are you having done to the car?

My train horns sat in the box for two weeks because I could not motivate myself to run another wire. My next big project is a custom stereo setup and the thought of tearing into the car again has me telling myself the shaker system sounds good enough :D

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hospital? What are you having done to the car?

My train horns sat in the box for two weeks because I could not motivate myself to run another wire. My next big project is a custom stereo setup and the thought of tearing into the car again has me telling myself the shaker system sounds good enough :D
An old lady rear-ended me back in February. The bodyshop had issues getting the quarter panel from Ford so it's just now finally getting fixed.

I still have some Mishimoto goodies sitting in my garage since Christmas that need installing!

I've been looking at the stereo stuff. The Shaker system is flat-out horrible. My Buick Lacrosse rental sounded better. This may be on hold though because people are having issues with one of the headunit installation kits.

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
An old lady rear-ended me back in February. The bodyshop had issues getting the quarter panel from Ford so it's just now finally getting fixed.

I still have some Mishimoto goodies sitting in my garage since Christmas that need installing!

I've been looking at the stereo stuff. The Shaker system is flat-out horrible. My Buick Lacrosse rental sounded better. This may be on hold though because people are having issues with one of the headunit installation kits.
Damn! That sucks about the car. Hopefully you get it back soon.

Stereo's have definitely come along way since my days of competing in IASCA. It was much easier to rip out the factory system and install.. Now it is all integrated.

Sponsored

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Thanks. Luckily, there's an amazing body shop near me. They've been awesome to work with. Only aftermarket part I had to bring them was the air bag for the rear (the threaded insert ripped out of the bottom). And the only reason for that was because I wanted to seal it. Everything else they already had by the time I called.

Yeah. Gone are the days of just switching out a headunit with a harness and dash kit. I don't mind all the integrated stuff if the car companies had kept up with car stereo technology. Any car I could afford always seems to fall short.

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
I've gone back and forth on wether or not I could do this install myself. After your amazing write up, I have the confidence to do it. Thank you, bags will be my next major project.

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
I agree the install is not hard at all. The good thing for those attempting to tackle it now, there are lot's of bagged cars that you can reach out to and get install advice to help make it even easier.

The fronts cannot get any easier. 3 bolts on the top and two on the bottom. Since the front airlift struts are already assembled. You don't have to deal with spring compressors. Just pull the factory assembly out and slide in the airlift one.

To make doing the rear easier. I highly recommend unbolting the rearmost exhaust hangers and unhook them. This will allow the subframe to be lowered enough that the spring will simply fall out. If you don't unhook the hangers the subframe will only drop so far and hang on the exhaust requiring you having to pry out the spring under tension. Do one side removal/install at a time. This will help in not throwing the rear alignment completely out of wack.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
In case anyone was curious, M350 in 19x10", don't fit on the front without a spacer of at least 3/8"... Also, pairing your phone to the manifold is a PITA(for those that have to wait on the 3P/H controllers to start shipping again)... This has been a rough weekend for me

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
In case anyone was curious, M350 in 19x10", don't fit on the front without a spacer of at least 3/8"... Also, pairing your phone to the manifold is a PITA(for those that have to wait on the 3P/H controllers to start shipping again)... This has been a rough weekend for me
Rob, how do you mean the 19x10 doesn't fit? What's the offset of the wheel? My 19x10 et 30 fits without issue.

To get the Bluetooth to connect you just have to turn it on inside the setup screen, it should then connect without issue.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Rob, how do you mean the 19x10 doesn't fit? What's the offset of the wheel? My 19x10 et 30 fits without issue.

To get the Bluetooth to connect you just have to turn it on inside the setup screen, it should then connect without issue.
The M350 19x10 is +40 and sits on the adjustment collar of the front struts. I have 1/4" spacers on the front now and still touch a tad when doing a hard right turn. I finally figured out how to get the manifold paired and got my car home ok. Now just need to rest and wash my car up lol.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The M350 19x10 is +40 and sits on the adjustment collar of the front struts. I have 1/4" spacers on the front now and still touch a tad when doing a hard right turn. I finally figured out how to get the manifold paired and got my car home ok. Now just need to rest and wash my car up lol.
Ahhhh, +40mm thats 10mm further inside the wheel well than mine. Well, I hope you get it all working well :thumbsup:

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ahhhh, +40mm thats 10mm further inside the wheel well than mine. Well, I hope you get it all working well :thumbsup:
It's working for now. I have 15mm hubcentric spacers on the way. I wish I could find 10mm but none exist. Other than the slight rub on the adjustment collar with the 6.5mm spacer on it, it's great. Just wish I had known my offset was going to be an issue beforehand lol.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's working for now. I have 15mm hubcentric spacers on the way. I wish I could find 10mm but none exist. Other than the slight rub on the adjustment collar with the 6.5mm spacer on it, it's great. Just wish I had known my offset was going to be an issue beforehand lol.
Right, that would have been great to know. I hadn't heard of any fitment issues due to offset, only tire width. Anyway, enjoy and keep us posted.
Sponsored