Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I cant find a way to pair it. I click on the chainlink icon and nothing happens.

Make sure your Phone isn't trying to connect at the same time.
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Make sure your Phone isn't trying to connect at the same time.
Yeah nothing. I thought I read that the bluetooth version work with the car. something about canbus?

Also how do you change the C to F on the climate control?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah nothing. I thought I read that the bluetooth version work with the car. something about canbus?

Also how do you change the C to F on the climate control?

Sorry for the late reply. Bluetooth version should work. I still don't really know why you're having a hard time with it. I wish I had one to test it and show you how I would've done it. I'm working on CanBUS and bring more gauges to the HU without having to install Nova... As for the temp on the climate control you will have to go in the Advanced menu. I forgot where exactly. I know someone put it on this thread. I really need to make a tutorial on the website for it lol:ninja:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Sorry for the late reply. Bluetooth version should work. I still don't really know why you're having a hard time with it. I wish I had one to test it and show you how I would've done it. I'm working on CanBUS and bring more gauges to the HU without having to install Nova... As for the temp on the climate control you will have to go in the Advanced menu. I forgot where exactly. I know someone put it on this thread. I really need to make a tutorial on the website for it lol:ninja:

Edit:
I dont see how to change the temp to F from C in the advanced menu.

Regarding the Bluetooth MXLink apparantly a lot of chinese android radios dont support it. I suspect the Bluetooth stack is incomplete. Is there a 5.1 Rom out?

Last edited:
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
The Bluetooth version should works with Torque app anyways... You might need to double check your settings.

Bluetooth OBDII dongles do not work with the head unit, because they have a PIN challenge that the HU can't process.

Liu keeps hitting me up about placing an order, I have a local car club here that wants to order 30 of them, but I'm not doing it unless he sends me a test unit first. Not playing this game again. He said he'll send me a unit if I send him an old screen and a host. I have the host, but no screen to send him, it's a stalemate.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Bluetooth OBDII dongles do not work with the head unit, because they have a PIN challenge that the HU can't process.

Liu keeps hitting me up about placing an order, I have a local car club here that wants to order 30 of them, but I'm not doing it unless he sends me a test unit first. Not playing this game again. He said he'll send me a unit if I send him an old screen and a host. I have the host, but no screen to send him, it's a stalemate.
Yeah I saw that also. There has to be a OBD dongle that doesnt need a pin.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

Thats smart. These cheap electronics from China dont get any support. They make a batch and when thats done they create a newer product, if anything doesnt work out of the box it probably never will.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I'm not sure if it works with a direct WiFi connection, or if it will work on the same network.
Looks like the OBD creates its own hot spot so you cant use wifi OBD and the internet at the same time. I have a WIFI one and a BLUETOOTH on that has a set pin and I will see.

While I find the overall performance of this unit decent. Its very slow in google maps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Just an FYI, he apparently received the host I sent him, and is sending me one of the "latest" units. I'm assuming this is the 2nd Gen unit, and I'm hoping there is no 3rd Gen unit... Once I get it, chances are it'll be in the classifieds for cheap, like $500 plus CONUS shipping, unless the boot time has improved.
[MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] I still have an unused host if you want to use it for testing for 1st Gen folks.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an FYI, he apparently received the host I sent him, and is sending me one of the "latest" units. I'm assuming this is the 2nd Gen unit, and I'm hoping there is no 3rd Gen unit... Once I get it, chances are it'll be in the classifieds for cheap, like $500 plus CONUS shipping, unless the boot time has improved.
@StangATX I still have an unused host if you want to use it for testing for 1st Gen folks.
That's pretty good news. I need you back for dev lol. I know about your host but I didn't want to bother you since last time... Keep me updated man!

Looks like the OBD creates its own hot spot so you cant use wifi OBD and the internet at the same time. I have a WIFI one and a BLUETOOTH on that has a set pin and I will see.

While I find the overall performance of this unit decent. Its very slow in google maps.
What do you mean slow? I haven't had any issue so far with Maps or my modded Waze...

What is the group buy price this time around?
Right now it's at $610 the more people the cheaper it'll be.:thumbsup:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
That's pretty good news. I need you back for dev lol. I know about your host but I didn't want to bother you since last time... Keep me updated man!

What do you mean slow? I haven't had any issue so far with Maps or my modded Waze...

Right now it's at $610 the more people the cheaper it'll be.:thumbsup:

Screen draw is slow/searching etc. I find the whole app slow to be honest. Whats modded about your waze?
Sponsored