Sponsored

Roush Axle Backs & Stock Resonator

seamonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Is there a way to have louder exhaust sound in the cabin without folding the back seats and sliding the trunk mat off the spare tire? That's the only way I can hear Roush AB rasp sound. I want my car to sound louder inside so I WOT all the time without waking up the neighbors.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Put windows down.

Ricketts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Currently have Roush AB with stock resonator. I had Roush AB with Resonator delete H-pipe and it was too loud for me as my S550 is my Daily driver. For a toy it would've been ok, but didn't want to listen to all that a hour a day. I am curious about the MF resonator with Roush AB's.

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Roush Axlebacks

Ordered today ! :D , should get them by next Tuesday. :cheers:

:ford:

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
MF Resonator

Currently have Roush AB with stock resonator. I had Roush AB with Resonator delete H-pipe and it was too loud for me as my S550 is my Daily driver. For a toy it would've been ok, but didn't want to listen to all that a hour a day. I am curious about the MF resonator with Roush AB's.
Going to try that next if am not happy with the factory unit. ;)

Sponsored

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
I've done just the axle back and the wife and I really like it. Long multi-hour trips aren't an issue. You hear it but it doesn't get in the way of conversation or drone in an annoying way. It's a great option for a DD in my opinion. I get nice pops between 1st and 2nd too!
I totally agree. The loudness factor is just enough for me, without being stupid loud. I love the sound and wouldn't want it any louder. But everybody is different!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
The roush axlebacks sound awesome with and without the stock resonator. We offer a great package deal for any members looking to go this route. Here's a link to the video we did with this setup as well as the package we offer. If anyone has any questions or would like to place an order don't hesitate to give us a call at 561-753-8105.

Thanks, Jared

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=YRzp4hsm0fI;t=3[/MEDIA]"]

http://www.lethalperformance.com/le...al-resonator-delete-with-roush-axle-back.html

resdel_roush_1.jpg

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Ordered today ! :D , should get them by next Tuesday. :cheers:

I personally think you'll like it with the resonator still in, just like a few other members mentioned, Roush with H pipe is extremely loud, I had already put my resonator back on, for the first couple weeks it sounded like stock exhaust, because I was so used to how extremely loud it was.

With the Roush AB and resonator at WOT it sounds awesome. It still turns heads, but in a good way, when I had the H pipe in, many heads were turning then too, but I was almost embarrassed because it was so damn loud.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I personally think you'll like it with the resonator still in, just like a few other members mentioned, Roush with H pipe is extremely loud, I had already put my resonator back on, for the first couple weeks it sounded like stock exhaust, because I was so used to how extremely loud it was.

With the Roush AB and resonator at WOT it sounds awesome. It still turns heads, but in a good way, when I had the H pipe in, many heads were turning then too, but I was almost embarrassed because it was so damn loud.
Had the same experience :cheers:

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Roush Axle Backs Arrive Tomorrow !

Can't wait to slap them on. :D

Yeah stock resonator staying on for now. :(
Even though its not my daily driver, I still take the wife and step son for drives.
Until I buy her car, then ... :D

Sponsored

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
add a hot air intake for more sound ;) i like others had the roush ab and x pipe and while it was exhilarating, it was too loud for a dd. added the resonator back in. they do sound very nice. they should come that way from the factory.

BadMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just my 2 cents but the roush with the stick resonator was kinda quiet. I have a buddy with that setup and it was a little to subdued for me. I really like the sound of the h pipe with the roush mufflers. I would go with the axel back and see if you're okay with the volume and add the x or h pipe depending on what you like.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
A buddy has the Roush axle backs with the stock resonator, and it sounds pretty sweet. I think it would be a little much with an X or H pipe.

I personally prefer my FR Touring axle backs with the stock resonator though, since I like to be a little more stealthy. Everybody has their own preference. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Roush is in the House !!

Going on tomorrow, will post pics afterwards. :headbang: :cheers:

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Going on tomorrow, will post pics afterwards. :headbang: :cheers:
I'm sure you'll enjoy the sound, vid clips don't do the sound not justice!
Sponsored