Project 6: My 15 V6 project

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Haha yea I want my cars to feel lighter and more nimble which I am hoping the suspension upgrades will do for me! :thumbsup:

After I get the suspension mods completed I hope to go full steam into the turbo setup. Odd thing is that there seems to be a real shortage of used left side turbos from a taurus or flex ecoboost. Not sure what that is all about but if I do decide to go with this turbo instead of the f150 turbo then It looks like I will have to order directly from Ford.
Why not add turbos to the existing 3.7? Although an ecoboost 6 would be very cool and "FORD GT" like in sound and fury I assume lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Why not add turbos to the existing 3.7? Although an ecoboost 6 would be very cool and "FORD GT" like in sound and fury I assume lol.
That is the plan! I am not attempting to swap in the 3.5 ecoboost but rather adapt the 3.5 turbos to the 3.7.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Just finished up installing my new suspension!

-GT PP dampers
-GT PP toe links
-GT PP Front Control Arms
-BMR SP080 Springs

The difference is night and day between this suspension setup and stock. I can take the same corners much faster without worrying about loosing control and overall the ride comfort is not much different then stock. Instead of floating over bumps like the stock suspension, the GT PP suspension reacts to the bumps quickly and keeps the car planted all without having a harsh ride.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
Possibly! I am also looking into being the first 3.7 Eaton Supercharged mustang! :headbang:
That would also be fun! I think that a supercharger fits the personality of a Mustang more, but it is awesome telling people that you have twin turbos! :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

-GT PP dampers
-GT PP toe links
-BMR SP080 Springs

The difference is night and day between this suspension setup and stock. I can take the same corners much faster without worrying about loosing control and overall the ride comfort is not much different then stock. Instead of floating over bumps like the stock suspension, the GT PP suspension reacts to the bumps quickly and keeps the car planted all without having a harsh ride.
Glad you are enjoying it man.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
BMR motor mounts ordered! Among other benefits these should drop the 6 enough to allow for the Ford Performance strut tower brace and K-brace to bolt up without issue!

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

-GT PP dampers
-GT PP toe links
-BMR SP080 Springs

Did you buy all of it New or get anything used?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Did you buy all of it New or get anything used?
The dampers and toe links had under 5k miles on them while everything else was purchased new.

Complete setup was under $1k!

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
MMR water pump pulley installed along with a new ac belt and main drive belt! Also got the barton automatic shifter with a Shelby 350 manual shift boot installed.

And to top it off, I finally have the 50th anniversary dash trim I have always wanted! I just need to find a 50th LE or 50th anniversary PP center dash trim panel though so I can get my center gauges back...
IMG_0113.jpg
IMG_0114.jpg
IMG_0115.jpg
IMG_0116.jpg
IMG_0117.jpg

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
MMR water pump pulley installed along with a new ac belt and main drive belt! Also got the barton automatic shifter with a Shelby 350 manual shift boot installed.

And to top it off, I finally have the 50th anniversary dash trim I have always wanted! I just need to find a 50th LE or 50th anniversary PP center dash trim panel though so I can get my center gauges back...
Looks great as usual! Your build never ceases to impress me. Wish I could do what you do, my build will take much longer lol But it’s also not quite as extensive as yours :headbang::headbang:

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Ford Performance strut tower brace ordered! Should really tie together the front end and the BMR mounts will allow it to fit on the V6 models.

Next up after these mods is another go at an exhaust.... I think I have a really nice idea for a true quad exhaust setup using the lethal performance offroad mids, flowmaster high flow cats, magnaflow resonated x, then a muffler delete with one set of tips and magaflow 18" round mufflers on the other set. Should hopefully produce a unique sound while using pretty much all of the exhaust components I have sitting in my garage from past setups...

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Hey Zack,
I wanted to do the exact same for the shifter boot on my auto. Did you need any special bezel or just the boot?

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible

Let me know if you find the 50th anniversary PP trim. I'll take the one you have now off your hands :) And where did you find it?
Sponsored