Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Well, we're back to ice cold again. Dropped the car off at 8am yesterday morning, was done by 11am today, so no complaints there.

Part number used this time is FR3Z-19850-V. Guess this is the same part that's been used for the past few months...

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Damn they got that shit done quick. They must be experts at that by now huh

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ Photo posting screwed by Photobucket. Time to find a new host or just upload through the M6G photo upload tool.

Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
^^^ Photo posting screwed by Photobucket. Time to find a new host or just upload through the M6G photo upload tool.
ugh, this is the #

FR3Z*19850*Y

and i didnt even know we could upload, so i fixed that too..thanks

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
ugh, this is the #

FR3Z*19850*Y

and i didnt even know we could upload, so i fixed that too..thanks

V - EB

W - V6

Y - GT

Yours is the latest for the GT. Both parts have been used for some time now, lets keep our fingers crossed that we don't become the first to experience failures with these parts :(

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that is the latest for the GT, V appears to be the latest for the Eco. Both parts have been used for some time now, lets keep our fingers crossed that we don't become the first to experience failures with these parts :(
yeah i went back a reread some of the posts. i would just like to what the did to fix them to make them the latest revisions..i literally use my ac everyday, and it took over a year to kill it..actually 14 months to the day since i moved from ny to fl

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Ugh...well at least the a/c works. The glove box slow release mechanism is broken now, so back to the dealership I go! :doh:

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
V - EB

W - V6

Y - GT

Yours is the latest for the GT. Both parts have been used for some time now, lets keep our fingers crossed that we don't become the first to experience failures with these parts :(
This is correct as far as I have seen. They replaced my second evap core with my third at the start of the summer this year, and it was a "V part" as well. It is already going out again. Your results may vary.

I bought the extended warranty when I purchased the car, so I'm covered for several more years. I just hope they can get a working evap core before my warranty does eventually run out so I can keep the car forever and not have to sell it.

Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is correct as far as I have seen. They replaced my second evap core with my third at the start of the summer this year, and it was a "V part" as well. It is already going out again. Your results may vary.

I bought the extended warranty when I purchased the car, so I'm covered for several more years. I just hope they can get a working evap core before my warranty does eventually run out so I can keep the car forever and not have to sell it.
Yeah I'm warrantied till 2021 or so but hopefully this is the last one

sixstring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost base
Well, it happened 2 days ago to my wife's 2017 ecoboost at 8900 miles, about a year into ownership. (this is a 2017 model purchased in Oct 2016)

The car spent 2 days at the dealer, and so far no problems with dashboard fitment, creaks, rattles, or any electronic gremlins. But it's early.

FYI the part number used was FR3Z-19850-U, which looks like the latest revision for the non-dual zone evap. unit. FR3Z-19850-V appears to be the latest part for the dual-zone.

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Today my AC wasnt blowing nearly as cold as normal. Only kinda cool instead of ice cold. Is this how it starts?

sixstring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost base
Today my AC wasnt blowing nearly as cold as normal. Only kinda cool instead of ice cold. Is this how it starts?
Yeah, it took about a week for the cool to turn to warm. Finally their was what another poster described as an "oily band aid smell", then no cool at all.

The dealer said "We've done a lot of these" and knew right away what it was.

I'm just surprised that the problem carried over in the 2017 model year when they've known about it for so long. Maybe Ford did the calculus and came to the conclusion that it was cheaper to pay the dealers for warranty work than to put the screws to their supplier of this part. Who knows.:confused:

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Yeah, it took about a week for the cool to turn to warm. Finally their was what another poster described as an "oily band aid smell", then no cool at all.

The dealer said "We've done a lot of these" and knew right away what it was.

I'm just surprised that the problem carried over in the 2017 model year when they've known about it for so long. Maybe Ford did the calculus and came to the conclusion that it was cheaper to pay the dealers for warranty work than to put the screws to their supplier of this part. Who knows.:confused:
Band aids is exactly how I'd describe the smell leading to mine failing
Sponsored