Sponsored

SATURDAY 09/12/17 - Yorkshire / North Lincolnshire / North Derbyshire Meet

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
A new “East Yorkshire Mustang Meet” has been created at The Waterwheel Tearooms, Howden just off junction 37 of M62. I know that most classic owners will have put their Mustangs away for winter but for those that haven’t and for newer Mustang owners who use their Mustang all year round then this could be a meet for you.

Date: Saturday 9th December and hopefully every 2nd Saturday thereafter.

Time: 10:00 to 13:00.

Address: The Waterwheel Tearoom, Barn Hill Farm, Howden, Goole DN14 7JP

Format: Meet for coffee a chat and brunch or lunch and hopefully then allow the rest of the day for family or as a start location for cruising to other Mustang related events.

Details of the venue and menus can be found at:-
www.waterwheeltearoom.co.uk
www.facebook.com/waterwheelhowden/?ref=br_rs
Sponsored

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
North Derbyshire?! Isn't that up near Leeds haha?

Unfortunately, as much as I want to have a nice long drive. I'm going to be majorly hungover. Have you asked Midlands Mustang on FB for this?

OP
OP

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
North Derbyshire?! Isn't that up near Leeds haha?

Unfortunately, as much as I want to have a nice long drive. I'm going to be majorly hungover. Have you asked Midlands Mustang on FB for this?
Confusing North Derbyshire with a major chunk of Yorkshire; wars have started over less.

We are hoping to make it a monthly (2nd Saturday) meet so would be nice to see you at one of the future meets.

Yes, I've created an event on Midlands Mustang although I think I'm the most northerly member of that group so not expecting too many takers but it would be great to see any who venture 'up north'.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I certainly intend a forage south when the weather gets better next year. Can't make next month though. Scotland goes into alcoholic lockdown from December thru mid-January ;)

OP
OP

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
I certainly intend a forage south when the weather gets better next year. Can't make next month though. Scotland goes into alcoholic lockdown from December thru mid-January ;)
Would be great to catch up with you all.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Confusing North Derbyshire with a major chunk of Yorkshire; wars have started over less.

We are hoping to make it a monthly (2nd Saturday) meet so would be nice to see you at one of the future meets.

Yes, I've created an event on Midlands Mustang although I think I'm the most northerly member of that group so not expecting too many takers but it would be great to see any who venture 'up north'.
If it wasn't a day I was busy, I'd try and get some and cruise up for sure :D!

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Took a trip up there today and had a very chefy bacon sarnie. Very interesting place and a very accommodating owner Andrew. Took the time to personally show us round his private collection of classic cars and the auto memorabilia he'd collected over the years. Nice place.

OP
OP

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Took a trip up there today and had a very chefy bacon sarnie. Very interesting place and a very accommodating owner Andrew. Took the time to personally show us round his private collection of classic cars and the auto memorabilia he'd collected over the years. Nice place.
Richard, thanks for providing the positive feedback. Hope you and the rest of the Doncaster crew can make the 9th December meeting but if not we are hoping to have a meeting on the second Saturday of each month.

Cheers, Peter

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Richard, thanks for providing the positive feedback. Hope you and the rest of the Doncaster crew can make the 9th December meeting but if not we are hoping to have a meeting on the second Saturday of each month.

Cheers, Peter
I will try and be there weather permitting:thumbsup:.

OP
OP

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Just a quick reminder about tomorrow's meet (Saturday 09/12/17).

Have booked the sunshine but all my credit was used up so I could not get the heatwave therefore anyone attending will need to wrap up warm.

Looking forward to meeting those that manage to make this meet.

Cheers, Peter

OP
OP

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Well, everyone who attended seemed to like the location and timing of the meet so the next date has been booked (13th January). I think for the next meet most people are planning on sampling the Yorkshire breakfast which looked excellent, I only had a bacon sandwich but it too was very good.

We set our sights on declaring a success if we managed 10 cars and 16 people and on the day we managed 9 cars and 19 people. The best part was the mix of Mustangs that attended ranging from 1968 thro 2017 although for some it was the last run of 2017 before their winter hibernation. So a success was declared!

We were allowed to use the conservatory which is used as a bistro in the evening and is dedicated to the owners passion for all things automobile.

m6g1.jpg

The bar in the conservatory.

m6g2.jpg

A view of the conservatory ceiling with a picture of one of James Martin's cars which is awaiting to be signed by the famous Yorkshire chef.

m6g3.jpg

Some of the cars that attended.

m6g4.jpg

We had to take my grandson who enjoyed the experience; modern cars with start buttons are made for young children to play with!

Thanks to everyone who made the day a success and look forward to see everyone in the New Year.
Sponsored