Sponsored

honeycomb delete

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
IAT drops way faster once you start moving with this mod.
Sponsored

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
i did mine whole back of upper and lower grille with a orbital sander and 120 grit pads. time comsuming but came out perfect

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just took a file and sandpaper and it came out good. Didn't leave any attachment points.

Fleeger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401a Auto 3.31's
I opened the honeycomb to the cai on my car and and the other coners with a orbital palm sander with the grill off. Looks like it cam that way from the factory.
20170820_004221.png

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
^^^ that's very clean looking.

I cut mine off completely without taking the bumper off. Just used a dremel cutoff wheel much and cut alongside the line in the grill. If you look closely, it's a little bit off in terms of straightness but you cannot tell anything from 2 feet away. I will however clean it up a bit more when/if I take the bumper off.
20170816_162638.jpg

Sponsored

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Rip it out, it blocks flow.

I've got my stock air box maf flow from 42lbs upto nearly 44lbs but removing that emissions / ham sandwich thing, drilling out the honey combs, fitting a velossa big mouth and K&N panel filter.
what exactly is this emissions ham sandwich think lol

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
what exactly is this emissions ham sandwich think lol
Look in the air box lid, there is like a piece of furry fabric riveted into the box lid, it catches emissions when you shut the car off. It block flow, rip it out! :)

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
I started working on mine Friday. Hollowed out all the honeycomb on the intake side. Then Saturday did the other side and a little bit in the middle before calling it quits. It's not the most comfortable position to spend a few hours sitting hunched over. Will post pics when it's done.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
i do recall seeing something now...like a flat piece of plastic wrapped in something. now what bout the resonators. if recall there are two of them, not counting the sound tube which i removed. i had to remove one of the resonator compartments to install my steeda intake (which is coming off soon) any benefit or harm to removing them?

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I opened the honeycomb to the cai on my car and and the other coners with a orbital palm sander with the grill off. Looks like it cam that way from the factory.
I got the same results with a hack saw and carefully slicing a thin piece off the back. Honeycomb intact but all holes now open. Came off like a slice of swiss cheese :)

Thought this may help some as hack saws may be more readily available.

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
So you just sanded on the back until the "plugs" were gone? That's brilliant man :headbang:

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I really want to do this too but have heard stories about how difficult it is to get the front bumper cover off. Any tips?

Fleeger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401a Auto 3.31's
I would say the hardest part is getting the bumper off. There is a 7mm bolt on each corner where the bumper meets the fender. The easiest way to get to it would be to remove the wheels and the wheel well liner. Late model restoration has a great video showing you how to remove the bumper. Just be careful and not twist the bumper trying to seperate it at the fender or you can break a tab. I did but not the bolt hole is good and the bumper to fender area still looks like normal.

OP
OP

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I started working on mine Friday. Hollowed out all the honeycomb on the intake side. Then Saturday did the other side and a little bit in the middle before calling it quits. It's not the most comfortable position to spend a few hours sitting hunched over. Will post pics when it's done.
I agree completely with you there. I bet I spent 3 hours just doing those 5 honeycombs. That included looking for tools and such.. Felt like I started a workout program the following day lol
Sponsored